Owning your own home theater is one of life’s great pleasures, especially when you have a room dedicated exclusively to your magnificent TV or projector screen, speakers, and numerous A/V components. If you’re a true audio-visual aficionado, you’ve probably got an A/V receiver with HDMI switching capabilities. Most receivers have numerous inputs, but what happens if you run out of ports? If you’re merely hooking your components into your Samsung or Vizio TV, you might not have enough HDMI ports.
All you’ll need is an HDMI switcher. You’ll be able to connect up to four HDMI sources and have ports powered by the latest HD chipsets to obtain the greatest picture and audio with the top HDMI switchers. Auto-switching, 4K, and 3D, as well as remote control operations, are all features of a good switcher.
Our 5 Favorite HDMI Switch
List of 10 Best HDMI Switches in 2022
1. A 4-port HDMI switch with a remote from IOGEAR 4K
Four HDMI devices can be connected to this switch. This switch can power multiple HDMI devices at the same time. 4K gaming is now possible with the HDMI switch. Isn’t that incredible? It’s possible to use computers, tablets, cameras, and monitors with HDMI input. This swap creates a win-win situation at home.
HDMI connections can be changed using an IR remote or a front-panel pushbutton. A matching LED makes finding your module or device easier. You can only play 4K games at 2160p at 60 frames per second. It is simple to set up because it does not require the use of an electrical outlet. In conclusion, this is the future of gaming.
- IOGEAR 4K does not require an supply because it is HDCP 1.2 compliant
- Controllable remotely
- The resolution can be set to progressive or interlaced
- LEDs are also located on the front panel
- In addition to LPCM 7.1, the player supports DTS/DOS/DTS-HD/DTS-HD/DTS-HD/DTS-HD/DTS-HD/DTS-HD
- Support for 4K is available
- Four possibleasible
- Outstanding performance
- Switches manually using IR (IR remote control)
2. Zettaguard 4 Port HDMI Switch with 4 x 1 HDMI Input
Featuring the most advanced features and best-in-class performance, ZettaGuard HDMI Switch is the best HDMI switch in its class. Managing your TV is easy with ZettaGuard. This device offers a resolution of 4K. Connecting your TV or monitor to your computer takes only a few seconds. There are plenty of HDMI switches available that let you adjust settings and control visual components.
A remote controller can save you from continuously pressing your PC’s gadgets. ZettaGuard supports 60Hz refresh rates.
Data protection measures (additional safeguards). TMDSW equalization and CDR further improve HDMI transmission. A variety of high-definition, multicolor, and multicolor combinations are available. It has a number of useful features and is well made.
- It is a male to female HDMI connector
- The device has a resolution range of 720P to 4K, as well as the middle resolutions including 720P and 1080P.
- Its specification is HDMI 1.3b (see HDMI 1.4 or HDMI 2.1 for more resolution support).
- Data duplication is prevented with HTC V2.2
- Also included is TMDS equalization
- An outstanding performance
- It is compatible with almost all devices
- Compatibility issues with HDCP 2.2
- It is questionable whether this product is reliable
3. Kinesvo 4K HDR HDMI Switch
The KINICO 550BN was praised for its performance and adaptability. A major pro is how well it works with HDMI. The switch is capable of supporting a 3D display with a 4K resolution at 60Hz. The HDMI switch can transfer data at 18 Gbps.
Thanks to HDCP 2.2 compliance, it can play video games and broadcast. There is no stuttering or screen tearing when playing on Xbox One, PS4, or TV. Its metal housing prevents the device from overheating and dropping unexpectedly. KINIVO 550BN 4K’s numerous power connectors make it an excellent HDMI switch alternative.
- Five different devices can be connected to the switch
- Two- and four-kilobyte instructions are supported
- HDMI switches provide a lot of flexibility
- It is possible to use all three platforms at the same time
- Dissipation of heat is excellent
- Displays with a 4K resolution
- Easy to use and navigate
- Design that is boring
- What’s best in the business
4. Univivi 7 Port HDMI Switch
The purpose of this article is to examine the features of the flagship model. A wide range of ports is available on the HDMI switch. The HDMI switch can now be used to connect up to seven external HDMI devices. Playing games at 60 frames per second is possible with a 4K hub switch without stuttering or freezing.
The HDMI switch can be connected to a wide range of devices. Content can be streamed from the PS4, Xbox One, Apple TV, Blu-ray players, DVD players, and projectors. It can be turned on and off manually or automatically with an infrared or sensor. Clients have total control over this method, which is very efficient.
After setting up the device, follow the instructions on the screen. After a few minutes, you’re done. This is now my default switch.
- You can connect up to seven devices to this marvelous HDMI hub switch due to its 7 ports
- A wide variety of resolutions is supported by the Hub switch, including 4K
- Supports HDCP 2.2, HDR, and Dolby Vision
- Installing it is easy and it is portable
- Projectors and UHD televisions can be connected to it
- Choosing what to do
- Four-K enables
5. 4K HDMI Switch with 5 Ports ROOFULL
Using an HDMI switch has numerous advantages. The ROOF RFH2S51 HDMI switch will leave customers with no room for error. A majority of people are capable of performing most tasks. Compliance with HDCP 2.2 also alleviates concerns about copyright. The switch can also transmit HDR video.
The system supports LPCM 7.1 surround sound as well. There are two color depth options: 36 and 30 bits. Does the price seem steep to you? To operate the HDMI switch, an IR remote is also available. I highly recommend this HDMI switch. Already, I thought so.
- HDMI switch compatible with version 2.0. It is thus compatible with more devices.
- It is possible to support a variety of resolutions, including 4k
- This adapter is controlled by a dedicated controller
- Cables are compatible with HDMI 1.3, 1.4, and 2.0
- Perfectly compatible with PS4 and Xbox One
- This cable is compatible with most HDMI devices
- Performance that stands out
- The quality of the remote is poor
6. 5-in-1 HDMI switch SGEYR
We found that the HDMI switches from SGEYR performed better than all others. It provides excellent performance even with only five connections to the device. In combination with a low cost and a 10.2 Gbps data rate, this is an excellent choice.
When playing 3D games, smooth 4K video plays, music is played at 30Hz, and 4K videos are played without stuttering at 1080p. With its support for color depths of 24, 26, and 30, the switch can support a wide range of configurations, including high-resolution graphics.
In addition, USB-connected switches require a cumbersome external power source. The HDMI switch revolutionized 4K gaming.
- The HDMI 2.0 cables can be connected since the revision series 2.0 is used.
- Supported resolutions are 2K and 4K
- With this switch, you can operate TVs, DVD players, Xboxes, PlayStations, and PCs at the same time
- HDMI cable 1.3 and 1.4 are backward compatible with SGEYR
- Remote control of high quality
- Wall mounting is not available
7. Four-K UHD HDMI Switch
It is the strongest HDMI switch available in 2021 to have a 5-port HDMI switch that supports 4k output. Despite being described as a 5 in 1 HDMI switch, it can connect five devices at the same time. Due to the low input lag, both audio and visual quality is exceptional. If you’re curious why HDMI cannot display 8K resolution at the moment, you can find more information here and here. Furthermore, the switch can support resolutions of up to 4K.
Other electronic devices that are HDMI-compatible include televisions, Xboxes, and PlayStations.
Moreover, it consumes very little power at DC5V – around 0.03A precisely. Moreover, the device won’t malfunction even if it remains on for days, weeks, or even months without being used.
- There are three supported video formats: 4K @ 30 Hz, 1080P @ 60 Hz, and 720P
- A color depth of 36 bits or more
- Channels 8 and 9
- Features of LEDs
- Current maximum of 30mA at 5V
- Blu-ray compatibility
- A HDMI splitter is included
- Ensure its working temperature does not exceed 70 degrees Celsius, as it might stagnate.
8. 4-port HDMI switch TOTU
A TOTU HDMI switch is the most durable HDMI switch available on the market. High-definition compatibility and 3D are supported if the switch is compatible. There can be four devices connected per port. Several devices can be charged at the same time. The charger also supports 4K resolution. Works with HDMI 1.3 and 1.4 connections and supports 2K and 1080P resolutions.
- Manually select input sources are supported
- Provides support for audio formats like Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD, PCM, and DTS.
- Displayable on HDTV, projectors, and other displays
- 3D cross-compatibility
- Each channel has 12-bit deep color
- A comprehensive and efficient management of resources
- There are times when it crosses the $40 mark.
9. Switch for 4K 60Hz HDMI 2.0 from PonyBro
HDMI switches from PONYBRO are the most aesthetically beautiful and technologically advanced HDMI switches on the market today. According to the company, it can work in environments with 4K resolution. A unique 5×1 remote control is included with this hub, as well as HDMI 2.0 splitter functionality.
All HDMI-capable devices can be connected to this HDMI switch hub as long as they are HDMI-compatible. Because of this, no matter which PlayStation system you own, we’ve got you covered.
You can effortlessly switch between HD (720p, 1080p, 2K, 4K) and ultra-HD (24801440) resolutions without losing quality. Because this hub only supports a refresh rate of 60Hz, you can only choose 4K if that is the refresh rate.
- On/off switches
- Automatic switching is possible with it
- Remote control is included
- Smart chip from Harbors
- Installs easily
- Dissipation of heat at an exceptional rate
- Provides numerous value-added features
10. Adapter to convert 3×1 HDMI to audio
Since audio extractors capture audio from the output stream, the Proster 3×1 HDMI switch is one of the extras. This product also offers audio extraction connections for PIP and RCA connections.
It will surprise you with its ability to generate 4K@30Hz video and fully support 3D modules. Hubs can be used with a switch that supports HDCP 2.2. “3×1” translates to “three outputs to one,” which is a fantastic deal at around $25. Is there anything else you require? This switch is also compatible with ROKU and Chromecast devices.
- It supports HDCP 2.2
- Compatible with HDMI 1.4
- The casing is made of ABS plastic and the connectors are 24K gold-plated
- Two-channel and five-channel EDID audio settings
- Adapts to different resolutions
- Functionality at its best
- Provides many value-added features, including audio capturing
- There are hardly any.
Buying Guide to Choosing a HDMI Switch
This article discusses the factors to consider when buying the finest 4K HDMI switch. Our focus will be on the most important when choosing an HDMI switch, as previously indicated.
People who want more ports often disagree since they frequently use HDMI cables. It’s difficult to thoroughly examine every model available because there are so many. Most users just require a few extra ports to be future-proof, as most computers only have three to four ports. When looking for the finest HDMI switch, the gaming capabilities of the device usually come first. For high-quality gameplay, 5-6 HDMI ports are sufficient. In gaming, HDMI switches are especially useful. To expand your gaming options, you may always use the IOGEAR 8-port HDMI switch.
HDCP is essential when it comes to data security. Internet channels are complex, requiring more security measures. Users are unable to copy music, movies, or other media to another device using this approach. All devices must be HDCP compliant to avoid infringements. Exposed devices that do not comply may be permanently disabled. As a result, HDMI switches must be compatible. Twitch and YouTube already provide live gaming and media broadcasting. For players who want to stream walkthroughs, HDCP switches are excellent.
Automatic Switching Vs Manual Switching:
HDMI components can be divided into two categories. The switchover can be automatic or manual. HDMI switches with auto-switching capabilities turn on all ports at the same time. They can be activated and deactivated as needed. On the other hand, a manual switch needs to be activated every time a device is connected or powered on. Because both streamers and gamers benefit from automatic HDMI switching, I believe it is desirable to encourage it. Additionally, some products include both switches, allowing users to choose their preferred option.
An HDMI switch hub can be enhanced with a variety of additional features. What you require is determined by your requirements. IR-controlled remotes, 4K and 8K displays, picture-in-picture capability, and dynamic resolution all have the potential to provide value. They are more expensive since they incorporate more than five additional features.
When choosing the best HDMI 4K switch, the price has to be taken into account. We can see from the table that cheaper switches have fewer functions than more expensive switches. Gamers and streamers may play at 4K resolution with an HDMI switch, which costs around $50-$70. On the other hand, HDMI switches with added value typically cost $120 or more. If people do not use all of the capabilities available, a high price can be a waste of money. The best choice is a middle ground that is not expensive nor too inexpensive, to begin with.
Why do HDMI switches exist?
To choose a video source for a TV, an HDMI source picker is used. A cable box, DVD player, and DVR may all have HDMI outputs, but the TV only has one HDMI input.
Is HDMI a good switch?
Entangled cables are no longer an issue with HDMI switches. Using their Multiple Input Ports, you can connect multiple display devices to a single input port TV. Your gaming experience will be enhanced by their True 4K, HDR resolution and 3D streaming, but your TV must support 4K resolution.
What is the best HDMI splitter or switch?
If you only need to connect a few devices or need longer cords, splitting HDMI is frequently the best option. Once everything is linked, you may quickly change the HDMI source. Moreover, HDMI splitters are also recommended if you wish to send the signal to many TVs.
What is the effect of a HDMI switch on quality?
When utilizing an HDMI switcher, does the image quality suffer? HDMI transmissions do not degrade as much as analog signals do with the installation of a switcher. A 4K signal can be transmitted without loss of quality over an HDMI 2.0 connection and switcher.
Is HDMI automatically switched on?
Based on the newest audio visual technology, these HDMI switchers automatically detect and switch from the active input signal to the output signal. Other switchers necessitate interaction with humans.
For long-term viability, the HDMI switch you choose must incorporate all advanced and proposed capabilities. Only reputable and well-known Tier S HDMI switches were chosen from a large range of the best HDMI switches available. I made every effort to keep the guide as simple and straightforward as possible. Please let me know if you notice any biases or errors. Any constructive critique from our readers is always appreciated.
Last update on 2022-01-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API