We would have also informed you about the best photo scanner for mac and here are listed some of the Best Photo Scanner for Mac Reviews. Each of these options is able to read your photos and scan them, however, it may not be great at fulfilling all your needs. Here, we will discuss all the pros and cons of each of these models in an attempt to help you zero in on the one that is best for you. The goal always is to find something that works for your particular needs and will perform consistently. That seems like it should be simple, right? However, I found there were a number of factors to consider when picking one – or potentially two (the best way to get a scanner started.)
Plustek Photo Scanner - ephoto Z300, Scan 4x6 Photo in 2sec, Auto Crop and Deskew with CCD Sensor....
Epson Perfection V39 Color Photo & Document Scanner with Scan-To-Cloud & 4800 Optical Resolution,...
Doxie Pro DX400 - Document Scanner and Receipt Scanner for Home and Office. The Best Desktop...
Fujitsu ScanSnap iX1600 Wireless or USB High-Speed Cloud Enabled Document, Photo & Receipt Scanner...
Canon CanoScan Lide 300 Scanner, 1.7" x 14.5" x 9.9"
Top 10 Best Photo Scanner For Mac Review
1. Plustek Photo Scanner – ephoto Z300, Scan 4×6 Photo in 2sec
|Media Type||Receipt, Paper, Photo|
|Scanner Type||Receipt, Photo, Document|
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||11.4 x 6.3 x 6.2 inches|
|Item Weight||3.26 Pounds|
|Sheet Size||Letter, A4|
Say goodbye to the days of slow flatbed scanning! With Plustek ePhoto Z300, scanning photos and other memorabilia has never been easier.
Think about it – it usually takes 1 to 2 minutes to scan a single photo on a flatbed scanner, but now a 4×6 photo just needs 2 sec to be scanned and stored, which means you can scan 3,000 photos in just one afternoon.
ePhoto Z300 is a scanner specifically designed for scanning photos. Technically speaking, Z300 uses a special soft roller to protect old photos that have not been touched for too long. It also has installed a high-quality CCD sensor inside. The CCD sensor has the highest degree of reproduction for color images. Z300 also features optical detection and does not require complex button operations. With Z300, scanning a 4×6 photo only takes up to 2 seconds. You only need to put the photos one by one into the paper clip, and the Z300 will automatically detect and scan.
Special Soft Roller
If your photos are not exactly in the perfect condition, the surface can be easily peeled off or stuck. In order to avoid photos jam, ePhoto adopts a single sheet feeding design and a button-free operation. Z300 uses a soft scanning roller with special materials to protect your invaluable photo collections without any scratches.
If you have thousands of photos taken with your family over decades and you’re not comfortable sending them to a stranger to help you scan, Plustek ePhoto Z300 is your best choice. You can do everything at home and still have the best quality.
The Quickest Way To Digitize Your Memories
Preserve Your Priceless Photos
Scanning photos into digital files allow you to permanently preserve your photos without causing any physical damage to them.
ePhoto can also restore faded photos. You can choose between automatically recovering or manually adjusting with the software.
Support versatile size photographs, documents and cards. With Z300, you can easily archive your photography, your travel postcards or even manage your entire cards collection.
Scan area varies from 1″x1″ to 8″x11.5″ in size and can hold up to 0.76mm thick paper or card. All you need to do is to put your photos into the sensor and ePhoto will do all of the work for you.
Simply put the photos or cards to the feeder, no presorting required. The application software can automatically detect the paper size, crop blank areas and rotate. Digitizing pictures and documents has never been easier with Plustek ePhoto!
Scan – Save – Share. Simple as that!
ePhoto comes with customized software that can auto deskew and auto-crop the photos so you don’t need to edit each photo yourself.
There are a lot of tools in the software for quick editing. You can adjust the sharpness, exposure or contrast of the photos. You can also use LOMO or Sence effects for your photos. The software is equipped with a comparison function to make it easy to compare the images before and after adjustment.
For saving, ePhoto can save scanned images under various file formats (Jpeg, PDF, TIFF, etc.) You can save the file on your computer, your cloud account or upload it directly to FaceBook, Instagram, FLICKR, etc. Share your precious memories with your friends.
Sharing Your Memories With Your Beloved People
How many photos do you store in shoe boxes, cabinets or stuck somewhere in the folders? Use Z300 to re-scan your valuable memories, sort them in a customized way, and use the software to edit the images so that your memories are no longer just laying in a cabinet or a box. Now you can share your invaluable memories with the ones you love.
Creating Your Own Painting Collection
Do you still keep your precious graffiti from your childhood? The paper will fade as time goes by. However, with the Z300 and its high-quality CCD sensor, you can easily digitize these invaluable treasures, store them on your computers and share them with your friends and family at any time!
Photos… and More
Not only photos but you can also scan your bills, receipts, application forms, etc. Basically, you can scan any document up to A4 size. The OCR technology can help you save your scanned files in searchable PDF file format. Plustek ePhoto is not only a powerful scanner, it is also a decoration for your workplace.
A New Way To Share and Preserve Your Card Collection
A lot of people have huge card collections (baseball, basketball cards, etc.) and preserving their treasures is one of the most difficult tasks. Of course, you don’t want to keep your collections secured in a box. They are made to be seen and admired by other collectors. Plustek ePhoto can easily digitize your collections and upload them into an album so that you can share them with your communities.
- The easiest way to scan photos and documents. Supports 3×5, 4×6, 5×7, and 8×10 in sizes photo scanning but also letter and A4 size paper. Optical Resolution is up to 600 dpi ( PS: two setting: 300dpi/ 600dpi).
- Fast and easy, 2 seconds for one 4×6 photo and 5 seconds for one 8×10 size photo@300dpi. You can easily convert about 1000 photos to digitize files in one afternoon and share them with your family or friends.
- More efficient than a flatbed scanner. Just insert the photos one by one and then scan. This makes ePhoto much more efficient than a flatbed scanner.
- Powerful Image Enhancement functions included. Quickly enhance and restore old faded images with a click of the mouse.
- ePhoto Z300 works with both Mac and PC: Supports Windows 7/8/10/11, Mac OS X 10.10 to 11. x. Users can download the latest version on the Plustek website.
2. Canon EP54223 Document Scanner DR-F120
|Item dimensions LxWxH||33.5 x 46.9 x 12 centimetres|
|Item weight||10.14 Pounds|
Enjoy an effortless and speedy scanning solution with a versatile imageFORMULA DR F120 scanner, featuring an integrated automatic document feeder and flatbed unit. It’s perfect for capturing a wide range of document types in high quality. Scan with ease using CaptureOnTouch and one-touch job buttons. Scan to editable PDF and connect to your cloud applications.
Canon imageFORMULA DR-F120 Document Scanner
Enjoy an effortless and speedy scanning solution with the imageFORMULA DR-F120 scanner, featuring an integrated automatic document feeder and flatbed unit. It’s ideal for capturing a wide range of document types in high quality.
Capture various types of documents accurately and efficiently with the DR-F120: a compact all-in-one scanning solution that offers both an automatic document feeder (ADF) and flatbed. You can save yourself valuable time using the 50-sheet document feeder, with its faster 20 ppm scanning speeds. The DR-F120 can be relied on to get through your work with a suggested daily volume of up to 1000 scans.
Effortless Paper Handling
The DR-F120 gives you complete flexibility to scan a wide range of materials despite its compact body size and small footprint. The straight-through ADF path accommodates A4-width documents, and media of up to 1,000 mm in length. You’ll enjoy increased reliability and time-savings when scanning mixed documents with Canon’s dependable separation and feed roller mechanism. The flatbed scanner is ideal for handling media like books, passports or magazines, and effortlessly captures pages up to legal size. It’s equally at home with photos or other thick, thin and delicate documents.
Superior Image Quality
The DR-F120 delivers high quality results time after time, due to its 1200 dpi scanning, wide range of built-in image enhancement features and Canon’s renowned imaging technology. You’ll achieve unprecedented colour accuracy that stays true to the original document via the scanner’s 3-Dimensional Colour Correction function.
Simple, User-Friendly Operation
Achieve superb results with just a single touch of a button using the Full Auto Mode that automatically applies the best settings for each scanned image. Built-in tools eliminate blank pages and automatically detect paper size and text orientation; while the automatic deskew feature straightens documents fed at an angle. Frequent tasks can be made even simpler by assigning them to any of the 3 job buttons on the scanner panel.
Bundled Software Gives You More Choice
The DR-F120 offers a simple and intuitive scanning experience using Canon’s CaptureOnTouch software. Users can scan, edit and send their documents even more easily with this versatile scanning solution. Its step-by-step, icon-based user interface lets users quickly convert their paper documents to multiple file formats (PDF, TIFF, JPEG, BMP, PNG and PowerPoint). CaptureOnTouch is equally capable as a simple document filing solution that lets users scan and create searchable PDF documents – including easy text-based search and retrieval. Cloud plug-ins to SharePoint, SugarSync, OneDrive, Dropbox, Google Drive and Evernote are included, ISIS.
Easy To Own and Maintain
DR-F120 is easy to maintain because of its user-friendly design. The feed rollers are user-replaceable, which means you won’t incur the cost of calling out a service technician. The scanner is highly energy-efficient, using just 28 W in operation.
- Keep productive with 20ppm duplex scanning and 50 sheet ADF
- Scan books, magazines or fragile materials with the integrated flatbed
- Achieve outstanding quality every time with advanced image processing
3. Epson Perfection V550 Color Photo Scanner
|Media Type||Negatives, Slide, Photo|
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||19.1 x 11.2 x 4.6 inches|
|Item Weight||9.6 Pounds|
|Standard Sheet Capacity||1|
|Light Source Type||LED|
The Epson Perfection V550 Photo features amazing performance and versatility for any project. 6400 dpi optical resolution (1) ensures images are sharp and vivid, whether you’re scanning film, slides, negatives or everyday documents. Plus, at the touch of a button, you can make your old photos and negatives look like new thanks to Easy Photo Fix and Digital ICE. The V550 Photo features energy-efficient, ReadyScan LED technology, for high-speed scanning with no warmup time. And, you can scan multiple slides, film strips and photos, all at once. The V550 Photo is the ultimate productivity tool.
1. Optical resolution is the maximum scan resolution of the image sensor, using the definition of ISO 14473.
2. Requires Easy Photo Scan software (included). The Mac version requires a software download.
3. For convenient and reasonable recycling options, visit our official site.
4. SmartWay is an innovative partnership of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency that reduces greenhouse gases and other air pollutants and improves fuel efficiency.
Performance, Quality, Versatility
The Epson Perfection V550 Photo features amazing performance and versatility for any project. 6400 dpi optical resolution (1) ensures images are sharp and vivid, whether you’re scanning film, slides, negatives or everyday documents. Plus, at the touch of a button, you can make your old photos and negatives look like new thanks to Easy Photo Fix and Digital ICE. The V550 Photo features energy-efficient, ReadyScan LED technology, for high-speed scanning with no warmup time. And, you can scan multiple slides, film strips, and photos, all at once. The V550 Photo is the ultimate productivity tool.
- Create sharp, vivid reproductions 6400 dpi optical resolution1 for enlargements up to 17 x 22 inches
- Scan 35-millimeter slides, negatives and film built-in transparency unit
- Achieve robust photos restorations Digital ICE technology removes the appearance of dust and scratches on the film
- Bring faded photos back to life easy photo fix for one-touch photo restorations
- Achieve greater productivity with ReadyScan LED technology fast scanning, no warmup time, no mercury
- Scan multiple photos at one-time auto edge detection crops each image and saves it as a separate file
- Convert scanned documents into editable text ABBYY FineReader Sprint Plus OCR
- Brilliant, true to life colors amazing, 48-bit color depth
- Do more Hi-Speed USB 2.0
4. Fujitsu ScanSnap iX1500 Color Duplex Document Scanner
|Media type||Receipt, Paper, Photo, Business Card|
|Model name||ScanSnap iX1500|
|Connectivity technology||Wi-Fi, USB|
|Item dimensions LxWxH||29.2 x 15.2 x 16 centimetres|
|Item weight||7.5 Pounds|
|Standard sheet capacity|
The Fujitsu ScanSnap iX1500 delivers more flexibility and control than ever before. The iX1500 comes equipped with a user-friendly touch screen, providing an easy-to-use interface with simple icons and an intuitive user experience.
Shortcut buttons let users save their settings and destinations for easy retrieval right from the touch screen. Scan to your choice of popular cloud services using shortcut buttons. Or let ScanSnap Cloud determine the document type and destination automatically.
The iX1500 supports 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz wireless networks. With the new Fast Startup mode enabled, the iX1500 is ready to scan as soon as the lid is opened. A gently rounded feeding chute helps prevent the paper from curling over, reducing misfeeds. With 30 sheets per minute speed and a document feeder that holds up to 50 sheets of standard office paper, so you can scan more pages even faster without splitting up large documents.
Automated features make perfect scans easy with auto color detection, size detection, blank page removal, deskew, and rotation. Ideal for home or small offices–organize documents, photos, receipts, business cards, IDs, and daily paperwork.
Intuitive scanning at your fingertips
The ScanSnap iX1500 offers users a better way to get organized. With a large, easy-to-use touch screen and powerful new software, the ScanSnap iX1500 offers improvements in design and function over its predecessors.
- Create unique user-profiles and save information to user-specific folders
- Scan via Wi-Fi to popular cloud services such as Google Drive and Dropbox*
- The ScanSnap Home software allows you to organize your documents using folders, tags, and search
- Clean and elegant design
Wireless scanning right from your touch screen
Scan to your preferred destination right from your touch screen. Scan to Google Drive, Dropbox, your desktop folder, and more!
Stay organized with ScanSnap Home
The ScanSnap Home software helps you stay organized. Optical character recognition (OCR) capabilities allow you to easily find your documents by searching for relevant keywords.
Automatic image cleanup
Intelligent scan correction performs a quick quality check on your documents by optimizing contrast, automatically rotating upside-down documents, removing blank pages, and cropping images to the correct size.
Connect to popular cloud services with ScanSnap Cloud
The iX1500 features ScanSnap Cloud, which connects to your favorite cloud drive to manage your documents, receipts, business cards, and photos. You can create pre-configured shortcuts right from the touch screen to send scans to a specific location. * A free ScanSnap Cloud account is required to access all cloud features.
- Large, intuitive 4.3-inch touch screen for easy one-touch scanning
- PC less scanning – Easily scan to your preferred destination, popular cloud services such as Google Drive and Dropbox, your desktop folders, mobile devices and more
- Sharing capabilities with multiple users via one scanner: Create unique user-profiles and save information to user-specific folders
- All in one solution to optimize your productivity. Includes ScanSnap Home to capture, organize, manage your business, home, or classroom
- The LCD Panel, WI-FI, and USB connections make it easy to set up and start scanning
5. Epson FastFoto FF-680W Wireless High-Speed Photo Scanner
|Media Type||Receipt, Post Card, Photo|
|Scanner Type||Photo, Document|
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||6.7 x 11.7 x 6.9 inches|
|Item Weight||8.2 Pounds|
Preserve what’s priceless with the Epson® FastFoto FF-680W – the World’s Fastest Personal Photo Scanner
Scan thousands of photos — as fast as 1 photo per second
Easily restore, save, organize and share photos, postcards, panoramas, documents and more. The convenient mobile app
enables you to capture the voice of loved ones and create slideshows, so you can easily share stories about your photos right from your smartphone, from a firsthand perspective, for generations to come. Plus, FastFoto brings old photos to life with auto enhancement, color restoration and more. Offering the ultimate in versatility, it includes a variety of format options for quick sharing, archiving and enlargements.
As compared to other personal/consumer photo scanners, generally defined as photo scanners priced under $1,000 USD (MSRP).
Based on average speed from start of scan to end of the feeding, scanning thirty-six 4″ x 6″ photos at 300 dpi in landscape orientation. Results may vary based on processor speed, memory and operating system of the connected computer.
Requires Epson FastFoto app download (data usage fees may apply), compatible mobile device and FastFoto FF-680W (sold separately).
Interpolated resolution is the doubling of the optical resolution using a software algorithm to increase dpi.
Based on letter-sized scans at 300 dpi in Black-and-White, Grayscale or Color Mode, using the USB interface.
Internet connection and an active Dropbox or Google Drive account are required.
Wirelessly scan to the cloud, PCs or Mac® with Epson FastFoto software and Epson ScanSmart software, installed on the connected Windows® PC or Mac; wirelessly scan to smartphones or tablets (Android™/iOS® devices) via the Epson FastFoto app. Internet connection required.
Check for convenient and reasonable recycling options with us.
SmartWay is an innovative partnership of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency that reduces greenhouse gases and other air pollutants and improves fuel efficiency.
What’s in the box
FastFoto FF-680W Wireless High-speed Photo and Document Scanning SystemStart Here posterSuperSpeed USB 3.0 cable AC adapter with power cable carrier sheet cleaning cloth
- World’s Fastest Personal Photo Scanner (1) — scan thousands of photos as fast as 1 photo per second at 300 dpi (2); batch-scan up to 36 photos at a time
- Preserve Your Priceless Photos — restore, organize, protect and share photos; scan Polaroid photos, panoramas, postcards and photos up to 8″ x 10″
- Share Stories for Future Generations — use the Epson FastFoto app (3) to add voice and text over your photos or create slideshows, right from your smartphone
- Perfect Picture Imaging System — bring new life to old photos with auto enhancement, color restoration, red-eye reduction, de-skew, crop and rotate
- Single-step Technology — capture both the image and any handwritten notes on the back of a photo in a single scan
- Flexible Scanning — offers a variety of format options for easy sharing (300 dpi), archiving (600 dpi TIFF) and enlarging (1200 dpi (4)); handles multiple sizes in one batch; mobile (up to 600 dpi JPEG)
- Powerful Document Scanning — includes Epson ScanSmart software with optical character recognition (OCR), which converts scanned images into readable text; scans documents up to 240″; scan speeds up to 45 ppm/90 ppm (5)
- Easy Auto-upload and Backup — instantly share your memories as you scan via Dropbox and Google Drive(6)
- Easy to Connect — includes both USB and wireless connectivity (7) for flexible placement; easy Wi-Fi setup with the Epson FastFoto app
- SafeTouch Technology — for worry-free scanning of delicate photos; carrier sheet included, plus microfiber cloth to lightly dust photos
6. Canon CanoScan Lide 300 Scanner
|Media Type||Photo ; Receipt ; Business Card ; Paper|
|Scanner Type||Photo, Document|
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||14.5 x 9.9 x 1.7 inches|
|Item Weight||3.6 Pounds|
|Sheet Size||2400 dots_per_inch|
The Cano scan lid 300 makes document and photo scanning easy. With 10-second fast scanning, 4 ‘EZ’ Buttons and 2400 x 2400 dpi resolution, The Cano scan lid 300 packs great features in a compact design.
What’s in the box
- CanoScan LiDE 400 Color Image Scanner
- Setup CD
- USB 2.0 Cable (USB A to Mini B)
- Scan documents quickly and easily with fast scanning up to 10 seconds
- Digitize documents and images thanks to 2400 x 2400 dpi resolution, and with image enhancements, such as fade correction and dust reduction, your photos will continue to look great
- Enjoy the ease of use with 4 ‘EZ’ buttons. With auto-scan mode, the Scanner automatically detects what you’re scanning; Built-in PDF button, easily scans and saves pdf’s that are editable and searchable
7. Brother DS-740D Duplex Compact Mobile Document Scanner
|Media type||Receipt, Embossed Card, Plastic Card, Plain Paper, Laminated Card, Business Card|
|Scanner type||Document, Business Card|
|Model name||Duplex Compact|
|Item dimensions LxWxH||30.2 x 6.4 x 4.6 centimetres|
|Item weight||2.24 Pounds|
|Colour depth||48, 24|
With its compact mobile design and simple workflow applications. The Brother DS-740D duplex mobile document scanner is ideal for on-the-go small office/home office professionals. It quickly scans single and double-sided materials up to 16ppm in a single pass through a local USB connection Power. The DS-740D through a micro USB 3 0 cable connection to your laptop or PC and experience.
The portability that makes this product the perfect work partner for mobile professionals Scan to multiple destinations including File Image OCR Email and cloud services with the Brother free iPrint&Scan for desktop software Compatible with Windows Mac and Linux Supports TWAIN/WIA for PC/ICA for Mac/SANE drivers Scan two-sided documents once eliminating.
The need to rescan the same document saving time and avoiding deterioration of your originals Save space with the new DSD (Desk Saving Design) feature from Brother which drastically reduces desk space needed to operate the device Enhance scans with automatic color detection/adjustment image rotation (PC only) bleed through prevention/background removal text enhancement and color drop.
The DS-740D small footprint and light weight make it ideal for users that need to scan on the go The included software suite provides document management and OCR software for easy storage and retrieval of your documents Have confidence with a one-year limited and free lifetime product online call or live chat support Disclaimers Color and monochrome scan speed letter size paper at 300dpi Based on Letter (8 5 x 11 inch) size paper Drivers and bundled software available via download at solutions brother Internet connection required to Refer to User Guide for more information.
When connected to a PC with applicable software Drivers and bundled software available via download at solutions brother Internet connection required to Refer to User Guide for more information Free technical support only in the USA.
- FAST SPEED AND DUPLEX SCANNING – Scan single and double-sided documents in a single pass at up to 16 ppm Color scanning doesn’t slow you down at all as it has the same scan speed as black and white document scanning
- ULTRA COMPACT – At less than 1 foot in length you can fit this device virtually anywhere (a bag, a purse a pocket) The DSD (Desk Saving Design) feature reduces the amount of space needed to use the device saving you 11 inches of desk space
- READY WHENEVER YOU ARE – The DS 740D is powered via an included micro USB 3 0 cable, allowing you to use it even where there is no outlet available Plug it into your PC or laptop and you are ready to scan
- WORKS YOUR WAY – Use the Brother free iPrint&Scan desktop app for scanning to multiple “Scan to” destinations like PC Network cloud services Email and OCR (2) Supports Windows, Mac and Linux and TWAIN/WIA for PC/ICA for Mac/SANE drivers
- OPTIMIZE IMAGES AND TEXT – Automatic color detection/adjustment image rotation (PC only) bleed through prevention/background removal text enhancement color drop to enhance the scans Software suite includes document management and OCR software
8. Canon imageFORMULA RS40 Photo and Document Scanner
|Media Type||Receipt, ID Card, Photo, Document, Business Card|
|Scanner Type||Document scanner, photo scanner|
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||9.9 x 11.4 x 9.6 inches|
|Item Weight||6.6 Pounds|
|Sheet Size||Up to 8.5″ x 14″|
With the Canon imageFORMULA RS40 Photo and Document Scanner, you can convert old photos to digital formats and store them in the cloud.
The automatic document feeder allows you to easily scan mixed batches of photos and documents in color, with just the touch of a button. You can scan both sides of items and save them in multiple file formats including PDF and most common photo formats.
Bundled software called CaptureOnTouch is included with your Canon scanner to edit and enhance the quality of your photos. The RS40 is both Windows and Mac compatible. You can easily connect to your device with a USB cable; the TWAIN driver is also included. S.-based technical support for imageFORMULA scanners.
- DIGITIZE PAPER PHOTOGRAPHS – Create lasting memories with digital montages or scrapbooks, share with friends and family or store on a computer or to your current cloud service
- FAST AND EFFICIENT – Scans both sides of photos and documents at the same time with just the touch of a button, at up to 40 items per minute, through an automatic feeder
- BUNDLED SOFTWARE – Includes software for enhancing photos, red-eye correction, digital face smoothing, and more; also scan, create, convert, and edit paper documents
- HIGHLY FLEXIBLE – Handles photos and documents including Polaroids, receipts, cards, driver licenses, and tax documents of various sizes and saves them in formats such as JPG, TIF, BMP, PNG, PDF, and PPTX
- BROAD COMPATIBILITY – Supports Windows and Mac; TWAIN driver included
9. Doxie Go SE Wi-Fi – The Smarter Wi-Fi Scanner
|Media type||USB, SD Card|
|Connectivity technology||USB, Wi fi|
|Item dimensions LxWxH||31.1 x 5.7 x 4.4 centimetres|
|Item weight||1.98 Pounds|
Scan anywhere – no computer required
Doxie is a portable scanner that scans paper, photos, and receipts anywhere – no computer required. Just charge it up and turn it on, wherever you are – insert your documents to scan, archive, and share.
Tiny, mobile, and simple
Engineered for ultimate simplicity, Doxie just works – no special drivers needed – turn it on and insert your paper to make a digital copy in seconds. Doxie’s tiny – the size of a rolled-up magazine – so when you’re done, tuck it in your bag or a drawer. Doxie’s always ready and never in your way.
Crisp, clean scans
Doxie delivers crisp, clean copies of your documents in full color at up to 600 dpi. Auto-Adjust applies smart cropping, de-skew, and automatic contrast to make every scan look amazing.
Dropbox, OneNote, Evernote, & iCloud Drive are ready
Doxie makes it easy to organize and share all your papers on your Mac or PC. Sync scans to Doxie’s included software – where you can organize, create searchable multi-page PDFs, save as JPEG/PDF/PNG to your favorite local apps – such as Photoshop or your favorite email client – or send to cloud apps like Dropbox, OneNote, Evernote, & iCloud Drive.
OCR + Searchable PDFs
Doxie integrates award-winning ABBYY OCR technology that recognizes the text in your documents and creates searchable PDFs.
Doxie’s rechargeable battery keeps you scanning anywhere – no computer required – with 400 scans per charge.
Included expandable memory
Doxie stores your scans to an included SD card – just like a digital camera. Doxie’s included memory stores up to 4,000 scans before needing to sync.
Works with all your devices
Sync scans via Wi-Fi to your desktop to organize, save, and create searchable multi-page PDFs. Or sync scans to your iPhone or iPad with Doxie’s iOS app to save and share your scans wherever you are. Have your documents where you want them when you need them.
Sync scans to your iPad or iPhone
Doxie for iOS integrates directly with all your favorite iOS apps like iCloud Drive, Evernote, OneNote, and Dropbox – just tap to send a multi-page PDF file to a specific folder or notebook in the cloud.
- 【Go Paperless】Doxie Go SE Wi-Fi delivers smarter portable scanning that you can take and sync anywhere – no computer required.
- 【Easy Wireless Scanning】Doxie’s rechargeable battery, including memory, integrated Wi-Fi and included Mac, PC, iPhone, and iPad apps make it easy (and fun!) to go paperless. Simply insert your paper to scan full-color pages in just 8 seconds at up to 600 dpi. Scan up to 400 pages per charge, store up to 4,000 pages before needing to sync.
- 【Tiny and Battery Powered】Doxie is tiny – the size of a rolled-up magazine – which makes it easy to tuck it in your bag or a drawer when you’re done scanning. Whether you’re scanning at your desk or on the go, Doxie gives you instant access to your scans wherever you are.
- 【Amazing Software and OCR】Doxie’s included Mac and PC apps let you sync scans via USB or Wi-Fi to your desktop to organize and create searchable multi-page PDFs with award-winning ABBYY OCR technology. Save scans to your desktop, local apps, or your favorite cloud services — like Dropbox, Evernote, OneNote, and iCloud Drive. Or, sync scans to your iPhone or iPad with Doxie’s iOS app to save and share your scans wherever you are.
10. HP Officejet 7612 A3 printer scanner
|Special Feature||Auto-Duplex, Print MS Office from USB Drive, Ethernet Networking, Mono Graphic Display, Network-Ready, Fleet Management Features, HP Instant Ink Eligible, Cloud Print Enabled, Optional HP High-Yield CartridgesAuto-Duplex, Print MS Office from USB Drive, Ethernet Networking, Mono Graphic Display, Network-Ready, Fleet Management Features.|
|Connectivity Technology||Wi-Fi, USB, Ethernet|
|Compatible Devices||Windows 11; Windows 10; Windows 8.1; Windows 8; Windows 7; Linux; macOS 10.12 Sierra; Chrome OS|
|Recommended Uses For Product||Office|
|Sheet Size||3 x 5 to 8.5 x 14, Letter, Legal, Envelope|
Control costs and printing practices, with affordable color and comprehensive fleet-wide management. Print professional-quality color and get seamless print management features. Boost efficiencies with a variety of mobile printing choices.
- Everything you need for impressive prints – From borderless, two-sided color prints to the built-in Wi-Fi Direct for easy mobile printing, this HP color inkjet printer delivers exceptional productivity for your small business
- Our most powerful printing app ever – The HP Smart app allows you to set up your HP wireless printer, scan documents with your camera, and print from your smartphone
- Ink delivered to your home: get your first 4 months free when you enroll in HP Instant Ink (optional) during printer setup; plans starting at $0.99 per month after the trial period, shipping and recycling included
- Affordable, professional color – Manage your budget with professional-quality color at up to 50% less cost per page than lasers
- Redefine expectations – Use the HP JetAdvantage Management Solution set to control your fleet: add new devices and solutions, update features, and apply corporate policies with ease
- Original HP ink – This HP office printer uses Original HP 952 cartridges. Get up to 2X the pages with HP 952XL high yield ink
- Wide range of paper size support – Legal; 8.5 x 13 in; Letter; A4; Executive; B5; A5; Statement; Envelope (#10, Monarch); Index card (3×5, 4×6); Photo Media
- One-year limited hardware warranty – 24-hour, 7 days a week Web support
Photo Scanners For Mac Buying Guide
Photo scanners are widely popular among Windows users since about 85% of the users worldwide have chosen Windows over Mac (and Linux) for their widespread user-friendly features. Likely, tech developers and distributors have ventured into Windows products since that generates far more revenue.
This leaves Mac users at a wounding disadvantage just because the scanners do not either have the proper drivers or the software. Here are some of the things you should consider in order to purchase the best photo scanners for Mac.
As mentioned before, photo scanners can result to be useless if it does not have the proper tools to be set up with your macOS. You need to find the right driver which will allow you to set up the photo scanner with absolute ease.
Usually, you will find that the scanner comes with a driver that is compatible with your Apple desktop but users have complained before that they do not always work. Although newer designs have effectively solved this issue, it is still suggestible to be extra wary of this.
There is no doubt that photo scanners are a tricky business for Mac users. Furthermore, when you do not have the necessary software suites that work will all kinds of documents, OCRs, or even business operation programs that let you scan your visiting cards in a jiffy, things can start shifting into bothersome situations.
Usually, newer models of photo scanners come with a software suite that has full utilities for both Windows and Mac operating systems, they may not always work successfully. In such cases, you may need to buy a separate dedicated software suite for Mac for an additional cost.
Flatbed Vs Sheet Feeder
If you wish to get digital documentation of original photos, papers or other on-the-verge-of-dying materials, a flatbed scanner is a way to go. It has a large glass plate on top of which you can place the object of desire and close the top lid to get the scanned result.
If photo scanning is far from the question and you need scanning for daily business operations, then perhaps a scanner with a sheet feeder is right for you. Repetitive tasks like scanning long pieces of documents a gazillion times a day is easily demolished by the sheet feeder that does it automatically for you.
If you always need to have your documents appear on both sides of the paper for easy viewing, you will need a scanner with a duplex scanning feature (meaning it scans on both sides) or even a manual duplexing feature.
The manual feature lets you scan one side and then prompts you to manually flip over the document to get the other side. Automatic duplex scanning requires a sheet feeder or an automatic document feeder that scans one side, turns over the document and then scans the other side.
Now that you know what the best scanner for Mac is, it’s time to compare. We made a comparison table that gives you an idea of how each product ranks against the other. Our review will provide you with a detailed analysis of the design, features, and performance of each device. They are wonderful tools for people in all walks of life, including working professionals and children at home. These are our top 10 best photo scanners for Mac.