Consumers have been using storage boxes to organize nearly every part of their lives: In homes, on the farm, at warehouses, and even for travel. Over the years, many users have bought numerous brands and styles of storage containers for different applications. Some have served faithfully for decades in storage sheds, while some were only good for a year before cracking.
The best box cutting knife can lead to smarter living in your home. With a functional aesthetic, storage bins can declutter and organize. To find the ideal box cutting knife available, we conducted hours of research and evaluated product models on durability, size, type of plastic, closures, and price.
Top 10 Bestbox cutting knife : Editor’s Choice
List of 10 Best box cutting knife: Selected and Tested by Experts
1. Internet’s Best Premium Utility Knife – Set of 2 – Retractable Razor Knife Set – Box Cutter
- Heavy Duty utility knife: Metal, durable design with rubber grip allows for a long lasting, extremely durable cuts and slices on boxes, plastic packaging, and straps. Includes 2 premium utility knives. Perfect box cutter knife
- Retractable & Adjustable Blade : Razor simply slides open for exact cuts. Blade easily retracts to lock safely within metal frame when finished using
- Quick Release: When razor needs to be replaced, simply extend the razor blade all the way, press the red button and remove the razor blade. Insert the new razor while pressing down the red button until secure
- Replacement Blades: Includes refill pouch containing 5 extra utility knife blades
- Dimensions: 1.5” Width x 6” Length. Set of 2 Utility Knives.
Additional Info :
|Color||2 pack – Black|
2. Slice 10514 Mini Box Cutter, Package & Box Opener, Safe Ceramic Blade Retracts Automatically, Stays Sharp Up to 11x Longer, Right or Left Handed, Keychain, Magnetic
- Extremely hard ceramic maintains sharpness for consistently smooth cuts
- Finger-friendly edge helps keep your fingers safe during use
- Auto-retractable design retracts blade to prevent injuries from slips
- Key hole and magnet allow easy storage to stay within quick reach
- No-tool blade change allows quick, simple blade replacement
- Sport type: Indoor
Additional Info :
3. Utility Knife, BIBURY Upgraded Version Heavy Duty Box Cutter, Pocket Carpet knife with 10 Replaceable SK5 Stainless Steel Blades, Belt Clip, Easy Release Button, Quick Change and Safety Lock-Red
- 🎁【Upgrade Design】The button for replacing the blade is changed from plastic to metal, smoother blade replacement, soft and durable. The cutter head design is more ergonomic, more convenient, and less laborious—a widened grip for all types of palms.
- 🎁【Safety Use】BIBURY utility knife has a small plastic protector on the blade tip, and a safety lock on the body, which can ensure safe use, especially safety lock can keep the blade in place when you do not use the box cutter and protects you from hurts.
- 🎁【Anti Slip】On the art cutter’s body, we create the anti-slip handle and an anti-slip button. BIBURY team takes most of the use scenes into consideration and makes sure the customer can safely use the product.
- 🎁【Durable and Multipurpose】BIBURY team has strict requirements for product quality. This utility cutter makes of high-quality anodized aluminum and stainless steel body, stainless steel blade, wear and rust resistance that making it suitable in cutting carpet, paper, plastic leather, rope, carton box, etc.
- 🎁【Product Warranty】BIBURY team offer a 1-year warranty for utility knife(not including ten pcs blades). IF you have any questions, please contact me, we will try our best to meet your demand.
Additional Info :
4. KATA 4-PACK Folding Utility Knife,Heavy Duty Box Cutter with 20pcs SK5 Quick Change Blades,Safety Lock Back Design,Used for Cutting Cartons,Cardboards and Boxes
- 【EXQUISITE DESIGN】 The textured plastic handle provides a more comfortable and portable grip, increases the anti-skid control ability,and reduces the fatigue caused by work. It is a good helper for your family’s daily life and work using.
- 【PORTABLE CARRY】Equipped with a belt clip, which improves the convenience of daily carrying. The belt, pocket, and work belt can be safely clamped and carried.
- 【QUICK CHANGE MECHANISM】Simple and easy to install and release the blade, just press the button to operate, safe and prevent injury.
- 【MULTI-ANGLE USE】Locking design, it is more convenient to provide the demand for precise cutting of different materials.
- 【MULTIPLE APPLICATIONS】Equipped with ultra-sharp and double-hardness blades, durability guarantee, fully qualified for various work needs, used for DIY projects, can cut through paper, plastic, cartons, cloth, bags, leather , PVC, etc.
Additional Info :
|Color||4 pack A|
5. COSCO 091524 Box Cutter Knife w/Shielded Blade, Black/Blue
- Easycut Self Retracting cutter
- Box cutter knife with shielded blade.
- Safety-tipped blade
- Blade storage compartment
- Retractable edge guides
Additional Info :
6. FC Folding Pocket Utility Knife – Heavy Duty Box Cutter with Holster, Quick Change Blades, Lock-Back Design, and Lightweight Aluminum Body
- Sleek, lightweight anodized aluminum design with anti-slip grip. Handle doubles as pocket or money clip
- Heavy-duty carbon steel blades stay sharp longer. Convenient folding with the press of a button.
- Lock-back design safely locks the blade in place when in use
- Quick-change mechanism for easy blade removal | Accepts standard size utility blades.
- Includes a knife holster and 5 extra replacement blades
Additional Info :
|Color||Red, Black, Silver|
7. Amartisan 14-Piece Retractable Box Cutter, Utility Knifes for Boxes, Cartons, Cardboard Cutting, 18mm & 9mm Wide Blade Cutter, Very Suitable for Office and Home Use.
- 【Economical & Practical】:Great value utility knife package, you can have 14 sharp utility knives by purchasing a box of products.
- 【Cutting With Ease】:Utility knife is beautiful and light, it is comfortable to hold, the blade is retractable, and the safety locking design of the knife body can safely lock the blade in the required position.
- 【High-Grade Carbon Steel Blades】:Durable sharp blades, each long blade is composed of 8 tip durable blades, which can complete most cutting tasks.
- 【18 mm and 9mm wide blade】:The thickened blade provides stronger hardness, is not easy to break, and has good stability. It can be easily cut including paper, photo, plastic, cardboard, fabric, cardstock, pad, foam board, tape, crafts or post office parcels.
- 【Widely Applicable】:Very suitable for DIY enthusiasts, designers, students, office supplies, warehouses and express delivery.
Additional Info :
8. Home Planet Box Cutter Retractable Utility Knife – Heavy Duty Box Cutter Knife Cardboard Cutter – Box Opener Razor Blades Utility Knife – Box Knife Carpet Cutter with 5 Sharp Blades
- Easy for Weak Hands – Our retractable box cutter has a non-slip handle and comfortable grip design so people of any age or hand strength can easily slice through boxes. The ergonomic TPR rubber grip gives you a heavy duty cardboard cutter that offers good control and saves your knuckles too
- Slice Through Any Problem – A multi-use box cutter utility knife your razor knife will easily cut through cardboard, carpet, drywall, rope, vinyl, leather or flooring. Use our multi purpose utility knife as a work knife, carton cutter, construction knife, cardboard cutter tool, carpet knife, box opener tool, carpet cutter tool or carton box opener
- Easily Change with Quick Release – Swapping or reversing box cutter blades takes 3 easy steps. Simply extend your cute box cutter blade, then press the red button on your pocket utility knife, and reverse the blade or grab a new one from our convenient blade storage in the handle of your cardboard knife
- Strong and Lightweight – Our safe box cutter and blades retractable set has a durable zinc-alloy body with 5 reversible SK5 steel blades. Lightweight, our heavy duty utility knife only weighs 0.59 pounds and measures 6.75 inches x 3 inches so it can easily slide in and out of your back pocket
- Lifetime Guarantee – At Home Planet Gear we stand by our products and offer a full refund warranty if you experience any issues with your HPG product. Simply contact HPG directly through the Amazon messaging system and we will be happy to assist you with any questions, issues or difficulties you encounter. 100% customer satisfaction is what we strive for at HPG
Additional Info :
9. REXBETI 4-Pack Utility Knife, SK5 Heavy Duty Aluminum Shell Retractable Box Cutter for Cartons, Cardboard and Boxes, Extra 5PCS Hook Blades and 10PCS Trapezoid Blades Included
- Ultra sharpness and double hardness blade, Perfect for hobby, DIY projects, cardboard, carpet, Rope,boxes, wallpapers, vinyl, rubber, leather, PVC material and etc
- Comes with 4-pack utility knife, retractable design. Ergonomical and long handle offers strong grip all the time
- Aluminum shell design, more durable and stronger than normal plastic cutters
- Extra 10-piece blades and 5-piece hook blades included. Made of SK5 material. Made of SK5 material. The hook blade can protect the surface under the object.
- 4 colors – Red/Black/Yellow/Blue
Additional Info :
10. REXBETI 12-Pack Utility Knife, Retractable Box Cutter for Cartons, Cardboard and Boxes, 18mm Wider Razor Sharp Blade, Smooth Mechanism, Perfect for Office and Home use
- Pack of 12 razor-sharp utility knife. We recommend that you wear goggles when using.
- High-grade carbon steel blades stay sharp longer
- 18mm wider blade for deep and easy cutting
- Thickened hard plastic housing offers nice grip
- Smooth mechanism
Additional Info :
How to choose the best box cutting knife: Important features to consider
Materials: Polyethylene vs. polypropylene – Low-density polyethylene (stamped on the bottom as LDPE, recycling group number four) is more flexible than stiff, cheap polypropylene (recycling group five), so it won’t crack as easily if you drop a loaded bin on the garage floor. It also won’t become brittle at freezing temperatures the way polypropylene does.
Each material has some advantages. Polypropylene can be made see-through, and it’s much more heat resistant — all the way up to boiling temperatures. LDPE is always tougher, but it gets very soft at temperatures above 110 degrees Fahrenheit and melts in boiling water. Our testers have seen far more polypropylene bins fail in long-term storage, especially in cold climates, but in a baking-hot attic, you’d want to be very careful about how much weight is stacked on an LDPE bin.
Latching lids – A flip-up latch will hold your bin closed even if you over-stuff it, which is handy for things like bulky sweaters and puffy blankets. If you put too much strain on latches, though, they’re prone to pop out of the mounting holes. Those holes also mean an entry point for moisture and insects.
A waterproof seal – If you just need a bin to shed rain, almost any will do: with one exception, the lids we tested to cover the edge of the bin, which means water will roll off without getting inside. A totally sealed lid (like our top pick) will also keep out humidity, though damp items can mildew quickly if you’re not careful about what you put in the bin.
Stackable designs – Nearly any bin can stand on top of another, but some designs are able to neatly mix and match small and large bins while creating a topple-resistant tower.
Single-size lids – If you’re building a collection of storage containers to fully organize your life, it can be handy to have bins with same-size openings. This usually means you can stack and nest different sizes as well as share lids between them. Usually, there will be at least two sizes in a series of containers with a common lid and footprint size, with the difference in volume made up by height.
What to Look for in a Plastic Storage Bin
“Pre-sort items you want to organize into categories for containment,” says Marci McAvoy, professional organizer and founder of Marci McAvoy Home Organization. After pre-sorting, consider the storage bin’s capacity. Measure what you need to store and the space where it will live.
“There’s nothing worse than buying a bunch of bins and getting home and realizing that your space is too narrow for the bin you chose, or maybe you didn’t realize that your shelves couldn’t be adjusted for height,” says McAvoy.
Plastic storage tubs list the capacity in quarts or gallons, and some may also include the weight limit. If you’re shopping online, you can get a sense of what a bin can hold by looking at both product photos and images posted by shoppers, which are often the most helpful.
Material and Design
Rigid plastic materials are less likely to buckle when filled with extremely heavy items. These are sometimes labeled as high-density bins. “A bin like this tends to be more expensive because it is really durable, keeps dust and critters out, and is airtight,” says McAvoy.
If you’re storing bins vertically, look for a stackable style (these usually have recessed lids), since this will help the bins stay stable and maximize your storage space from top to bottom. Note that some storage bins are narrower at the bottom and wider on top, so they can nest when they’re empty. This is a helpful feature, but if you are lining these up on shelves horizontally, you may have wasted space between them.
Lid Closure Type
Storage bin lids can be attached or removable. The attached lids might be on a single set of hinges, or they may split down the middle and interlock. When the lid is integrated into the design, you’re less likely to lose track of it, but McAvoy warns that sometimes these can break, rendering the entire bin unusable.
McAvoy prefers removable lids with side snaps and latches. If you live with small children, you might need to opt for more secure closures. If you love color-coding, consider lids that come in different colors. Others might opt for clear lids so they can easily see the contents.
When is the best time to buy plastic storage bins?
Plastic bins often go on sale in January or February, when retailers try to capitalize on customers’ resolutions to get organized. Containers in colors like red and green maybe even more deeply discounted at this time.
How should you label plastic storage bins?
There are almost as many labeling options as there are plastic containers. If you want flexibility, stick to erasable options such as removable chalkboard or whiteboard labels, and use either chalk paint or dry-erase markers. Label bin clips work well on the handles of open bins, and can also be used with dry-erase markers or Sharpies. Some people opt to simply write directly on clear bins, or buy pre-printed stickers. If you want your label to be permanent, use a marker like a Sharpie or an acrylic paint pen.
How can you hide plastic storage bins in your home?
If you’re looking to hide storage bins in your home, one option is to buy larger, more attractive containers made from materials like wood or rattan, and fit the plastic boxes inside. This works best for items you don’t need frequently. You could also use fabric, washi tape, drawer liner paper, spray paint, and stencils to decorate the exterior of plastic storage bins. If you really don’t want to see them, opt for under-bed storage containers.
Can you recycle plastic storage bins?
Check the number on the container as well as your area’s recycling rules. Many storage containers are made of polypropylene (labeled 5 or PP), and although this can be recycled, not all localities currently do this curbside, but some may accept them at transfer stations. You may be able to recycle polypropylene storage bins through a recycling company like TerraCycle. Try searching “specialty recycling company” and then the name of your town and state. Acrylic can be difficult to recycle, but some specialized facilities may accept it1. Products containing BPA cannot be recycled.2
If you can’t easily recycle your old bins, try posting them on a local swap group such as Buy Nothing or Freecycle, or using them for other home projects, such as building a terrarium or mini greenhouse. If they’re clean and in good condition, you can also donate them.
Last update on Monday, June 27, 2022 - 4:37:15 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API