Consumers have been using storage boxes to organize nearly every part of their lives: In homes, on the farm, at warehouses, and even for travel. Over the years, many users have bought numerous brands and styles of storage containers for different applications. Some have served faithfully for decades in storage sheds, while some were only good for a year before cracking.
The best cat litter box can lead to smarter living in your home. With a functional aesthetic, storage bins can declutter and organize. To find the ideal cat litter box available, we conducted hours of research and evaluated product models on durability, size, type of plastic, closures, and price.
Top 10 Bestcat litter box : Editor’s Choice
List of 10 Best cat litter box: Selected and Tested by Experts
1. Hillpig Self-Cleaning Cat Litter Box: Extra Large Automatic Cat Litter Box Scoopfree with APP Control & Safe Alert & Smart Health Monitor for Multiple Cats [2022 Newest Version]
- SMART, SIMPLE & SAFE: The Hillpig self-cleaning cat litter box features the APP control to help you manage the cat house to stay clean anytime and anywhere via the elspet APP. (2.4Ghz Wi-Fi Only)
- SCOOPFREE CLEANING SYSTEM: Automatic self-cleaning system help you to dump the poops into the trash bag after the cats go out of the litter box. And automatically turn on the UV light until the next time cats go to the litterbox.
- PETSAFE ALERT PROTECTION: Built-in LED safe alerts allow you to know the operating status. Multiple secure sensors assure the emergency braking will be activated protecting your cats to prevent any cases.
- HEALTH MONITOR FOR YOUR CATS: The smart sensors sync data to your phone allowing you to track its times of use, and also the litter capacity. So you monitor their health status at all times.
- NO MORE STICKY POOPS: Our Hillpig automatic cat litter box applied the newest self-clean design but not the typical rotating filter. So the poops will not stick to the machine to become smelly inside anymore.
- NO MORE LEAKING LITTER: Comes with a drawer footboard that can help the cats get in and out of the litter box more conveniently. And more importantly, the drawer footboard can collect the litter brought by the cat when getting out of the box to stop more chaos brought out to the living room.
- EXTRA-LARGE FOR MULTIPLE CATS: With 60L extra-large space that fits for multiple cats from 3.3lb to 28lb. And also the waste container allows up to 20 days free of scooping for one cat.
- FOR ALL CLUMPING CAT LITTER: Compatible with all different kinds of clumping cat litter such as plant litters, mixed litters, bentonite litters, and more.
- BRAND WARRANTY & SERVICE: Hillpig supports 12 months guarantee and brand service. Please kindly contact us before directly return it back, our customer support will be there for 24/7 to help you.
Additional Info :
2. Van Ness Pets Odor Control Large Enclosed Cat Pan with Odor Door, Hooded, Beige, CP6
- Ideal for cat owners who want class leading odor control.
- Enclosed cat litter pan has an “odor door” with replaceable Zeolite air filter
- Eliminates litter scatter
- High polished finish is easy to clean and is both odor & stain resistant
- CP#6 Assembled Dimensions – 19.5″ x 15.25″ x 17″ – Colors may vary
Additional Info :
|Color||Colors may vary|
3. PETKIT New Version Pura Max Self-Cleaning Cat Litter Box with Large Capacity fr Multiple Cats, xSecure/Odor Removal/APP Control Newest Automatic Cat Littler Box
- SIMPLE, SAFE AND SMART– The PURA MAX self-cleaning cat litter box allows you to control the cat litter box anytime and anywhere via the PETKIT app. (Use 2.4GHz Wi-Fi)
- PURRFECTLY SAFE FOR CATS– PURA MAX has several safety mechanisms as well as excellent smart sensors. The xSecure system consists of an infrared sensor, weight sensors, remote alerts, an accident protection system, and smart detections so that you never have to worry about your cat with PURA MAX. In addition, PURA MAX automatically pauses when your cat approaches or detects a weight change.
- KEEP TRACK OF YOUR CAT’S HEALTH– The smart sensors allow you to track your cat’s weight, times of use, duration of use, and litter capacity. So you can keep track of your cat’s health at all times.
- A HANDS-FREE CLEANING EXPERIENCE– PURA MAX has 3 alternative cleaning modes. You can set the device to scheduled or automatic cleaning mode via the app and PURA MAX automatically removes waste as soon as your cat leaves the litter box.
- NO MORE STICKY POOPS– With the specially made TPE rubber, PURA MAX prevents soft stools from sticking to the cat litter box and keeps your cat’s toilet clean at all times.
- DETACHABLE DEODORIZER TO PREVENT ODOR– The PURA AIR smart spray, a detachable odor removal device, keeps the air in your home fresh and clean.
- FOR ALL CLUMPING CAT LITTER– PURA MAX is compatible with all kinds of clumping cat litter such as clay litter, tofu litter, mixed litter, and more.
- EXTRA-LARGE CAPACITY– The extra-large waste container allows up to 15 days free of scooping for one cat.
- SUITABLE FOR– Cats heavier than 3.5lbs and older than 6 months.
- A GENTLE REMINDER– Please do not place the PURA MAX on carpet or any other mat. The entrance of PURA MAX should not be covered by any other large objects, otherwise it will affect the work of the sensors.
Additional Info :
4. PETKIT Pura X Self-Cleaning Cat Litter Box, No Scooping Automatic Cat Litter Box fr Multiple Cats, xSecure/Odor Removal/APP Control Automatic Cat Littler Box with Mat
- PETKIT self-cleaning cat litter box: PURA X
- xSecure: Thermal sensor, infrared sensor, weight sensor, anti-pinch infrared sensors, smart detection, remote alerts, accident protection system.
- Odor removal: Independently researched and developed purifying liquid removes unpleasant odors.
- Special designed filter fits plant litters, bentonite litters, clay litters, and ALL OTHER KINDS OF CAT LITTERS (except CRYSTAL CAT LITTERS).
- NOTE: In terms of clumping, Pine isn’t as strong as other all-natural cat litters we’ve tried. It does form clumps that can be scooped with a regular litter scoop, but they may not stay together as well as other plant, clay and bentonite litter clumps. We recommend using PETKIT EVERCLEAN FLUSHABLE CAT LITTERS.
- Remote control and data monitoring through PETKIT App.(Use 2.4GHz Wi-Fi)
- Two modes available: Auto-cleaning Mode/ Scheduled-cleaning Mode
- OLED display screen makes it easy to check the status and data of PURA X. Award-winning designer’s product with elegant and space saving design.
- Dimensions: 19.84*20.94 *25.42 inch. Entrance diameter measurement: 8.66 inch, Fit for cats weight from 3lbs to 18lbs.
- Suggested max cat litter capacity in cylinder box: 5L, Waste collection bin: 7L. Accessories included: PETKIT trash bag, PETKIT air purifying refill, PETKIT cat litter mat.
Additional Info :
5. Petmate Open Cat Litter Box, Extra Large Nonstick Litter Pan | Durable Standard Litter Box Available in Blue Mesa & Slate Grey | Great for Large Cats | Easy to Clean
- OPEN-TOP KITTY LITTER BOX: This large cat litter pan provides ample space on all sides for cats to do their business comfortably, and is great for small cats or kittens to access
- KEEPS LITTER CONTAINED: The jumbo cat litter box features a wide base to keep mess contained within the pan for litter-free floors It features a rim on all sides to easily lift move the pan Dimensions: “22 x 165”
- PET CLEAN UP: Swiftly clean up after your dog or cat while at home or on walks with a variety of waste management products From waste bags, rakes, pans, trainings pads to poop scoopers, litter boxes litter, we’ve got you your pet covered
- PETMATE CARES: For over 50 years, we at Petmate are passionate about our dogs, cats, and furry friends in general! Starting with the very first dog kennel, we’ve produced plenty of eco-friendly products that pets will love.
- JUST FOR PETS: Petmate makes a variety of pet products for dogs, cats, chickens, & other small furry friends. Check out our brands such as Aspen Pet, Arm Hammer, Booda, Chuckit, Jackson Galaxy, Hyper Pet, PetFusion & more!
Additional Info :
|Color||Blue Mesa/ Mouse Gray|
6. Litter-Robot 3 Core Bundle by Whisker (Beige) – Self-Cleaning Cat Litter Box, Includes Litter-Robot, Mat, Fence, Ramp, (25) Liners & (3) Carbon Filters, Complimentary 12-Month WhiskerCare Warranty
- LITTER-ROBOT CORE ACCESSORIES BUNDLE: Includes the Litter-Robot 3 Automatic Litter Box, Litter Trap Mat (black), Fence (black), Ramp (beige), Waste Drawer Liners (25), Carbon Filters (3) & WhiskerCare
- SELF-CLEANING LITTER BOX: Never scoop again with Litter-Robot 3 Connect, the automatic, self-cleaning cat litter box. The patented sifting process automatically separates your cat’s waste from the clean litter. Just empty the waste drawer when full.
- MONITOR + CONTROL VIA APP: Control the WiFi-enabled sifting litter box straight from the Whisker app. Get notifications when the waste drawer is full, start a clean cycle remotely, reference usage statistics to monitor your cat’s health, & more.
- REDUCES LITTER BOX ODOR & TRACKING: The automatic clean cycle and carbon filter help reduce odors compared to standard litter boxes. The textured ramp surface, fence, and trap mat help reduce litter tracking by catching litter on the way out.
- DESIGNED & ASSEMBLED IN THE USA FOR 20 YEARS: Whisker is the leading innovator in pet technology and refined pet accessories. Our US-based customer service team is best reached directly via the Whisker website.
Additional Info :
7. CatGenie A.I. Fully-Flushing, Self-Scooping, Self-Cleaning, Automatic Cat Box (Latest Model)
- 1 CatGenie A.I. WiFi Connected Unit, 1 Box Washable Granules, 1 SaniSolution Cartridge
- Eliminates cat litter from your life. Uses litter-like, Washable Granules that never need changing.
- Washes itself clean with Veterinarian-approved SaniSolution and water after every cat visit.
- Your cat will always find a box that is not only clump free, it’s waste, dust and odor free.
- Includes 2-Year Warranty. Customer Support Available 7 Days Per Week.
- Product Dimensions: CatGenie A.I. is 19.25″ wide in front. 17.5″ wide top, 21″ high, 24.5″ deep allowing for hoses. Water Supply Hose 8′ long, Drain Hose 10′ long. Must be installed where access to cold water line and waste line is accessible.
Additional Info :
8. Petree Self Cleaning Cat Litter Box, No More Scooping Automatic Cat Litter Box with APP Control, Safety Protection, Odor Removal, Large Space for Multiple Cats
- SAFETY IS OUR TOP PRIORITY: PIR Pyroelectric, infrared sensor, mocrowave radar, current protection, kitten protection system, power on self-check system, remote alerts. Protect your cat at all times.
- WORKS WITH ALL CLUMPED CAT LITTER: Support most cat litter on the market (except crystal cat litters).
- ODOR REMOVAL: Double purification and deodorization. After the cat goes to the automatic cat litter box, it automatically releases ozone to deodorize, farewell to odor.
- APP CONTROL&MONITOR: App remote control, one-click replacement of cat litter and more. Monitor cat defecation in real time. Supports siri shortcuts, google assistant and amazon alexa.
- LARGE SPACE: High space utilization, Internal space reaches 56L. Suitable for cats under 18 lbs, also suitable for multi-cat families.
- 1-YEAR GUARANTEE: We provide 1-year guarantee for this self cleaning cat litter box.
- 24H CUSTOMER SERVICE: Please feel free to contact us if you need any help, selling is just the beginning of our service.
Additional Info :
9. CATLINK Self Cleaning Cat Litter Box(1 Bag of Cat Litter Included), Automatic Cat Litter Box , Double Odor Removal, for Cats from 3.3 pounds to 22 pounds (Young Version)
- SELF CLEANING CAT LITTER BOX: After cats leave the litter box, the rolling sifting process will separate the cat’s waste from the clean litter. With a 13L ultra-large waste drawer, cat owners just need to empty it every 21 days (Based on test data from one cat).
- 100% SAFE AUTOMATIC LITTER BOX FOR CAT: An integrated device of self detection, infrared sensor, gravity sensor, anti-pinch infrared sensors, ventilated and inverted triangle stable structure design, makes sure that no cats will get hurt.
- REDUCES LITTER BOX ODOR & TRACKING: Our re-chargeable odor purifier (optional) and carbon filter effectively eliminate unpleasant odors, formaldehyde and ammonia. The removal rate is up to 90% or more. Also, CATLINK’s stair can help to reduce falling litter when cats go out.
- Cat Litter: Natural mineral product with deodorizing system, 0 formaldehyde, cat friendly. Less dust, protect cats’ respiratory system, and prevent urinary tract diseases. Strong Clumping, strong water absorption, perfect for Catlink self cleaning litter box and other standard cat litter boxes.
- Note: At this time, CATLINK’s smart litter box is only suitable for clumping cat litter. The cat litter should not exceed the max level line mark in the cylinder box. If there are any problems, please contact customer service.
Additional Info :
|Color||With 1 Litter|
10. KIGOTY Cat Litter Box Enclosure Hidden Cat Washroom Furniture Bench with Cat Scratch Pad, Wooden Decorative Cat House End Table Nightstand, Hide Odor& Pet Poop,White
- Decorative Hidden Cat Litter Box: Litter box enclosure looks elegant and simple which is perfect for matching other furniture in your home. This cat litter box can be used as a pet house, side table, end table or storage cabinet and etc
- Waterproof Paint: Don’t worry about wetting the surface and causing problems with the product, could even could used it in the bathroom. Cat house features entrance to the cat is in the right hand side-cats can access and enjoy the cat house when they need to
- Cat Scratch Pad Keep Room Clean- Cat scratch pad at the entrance to prevent cat litter from staining your room, Also available for cat grinding claws and saving your furniture
- Easy to Use: The covered cat litter box features magnetic door and aluminum handle. A magnetic door with an aluminum alloy handle allows you to open the wooden cat litter box enclourse for quick cleaning
- Large Countertop: Cat litter box enclosure to fit perfectly in your home, but it still looks great. The wide top provides a great place to store everything from potted plants to magazines, lamps and collections
Additional Info :
How to choose the best cat litter box: Important features to consider
Materials: Polyethylene vs. polypropylene – Low-density polyethylene (stamped on the bottom as LDPE, recycling group number four) is more flexible than stiff, cheap polypropylene (recycling group five), so it won’t crack as easily if you drop a loaded bin on the garage floor. It also won’t become brittle at freezing temperatures the way polypropylene does.
Each material has some advantages. Polypropylene can be made see-through, and it’s much more heat resistant — all the way up to boiling temperatures. LDPE is always tougher, but it gets very soft at temperatures above 110 degrees Fahrenheit and melts in boiling water. Our testers have seen far more polypropylene bins fail in long-term storage, especially in cold climates, but in a baking-hot attic, you’d want to be very careful about how much weight is stacked on an LDPE bin.
Latching lids – A flip-up latch will hold your bin closed even if you over-stuff it, which is handy for things like bulky sweaters and puffy blankets. If you put too much strain on latches, though, they’re prone to pop out of the mounting holes. Those holes also mean an entry point for moisture and insects.
A waterproof seal – If you just need a bin to shed rain, almost any will do: with one exception, the lids we tested to cover the edge of the bin, which means water will roll off without getting inside. A totally sealed lid (like our top pick) will also keep out humidity, though damp items can mildew quickly if you’re not careful about what you put in the bin.
Stackable designs – Nearly any bin can stand on top of another, but some designs are able to neatly mix and match small and large bins while creating a topple-resistant tower.
Single-size lids – If you’re building a collection of storage containers to fully organize your life, it can be handy to have bins with same-size openings. This usually means you can stack and nest different sizes as well as share lids between them. Usually, there will be at least two sizes in a series of containers with a common lid and footprint size, with the difference in volume made up by height.
What to Look for in a Plastic Storage Bin
“Pre-sort items you want to organize into categories for containment,” says Marci McAvoy, professional organizer and founder of Marci McAvoy Home Organization. After pre-sorting, consider the storage bin’s capacity. Measure what you need to store and the space where it will live.
“There’s nothing worse than buying a bunch of bins and getting home and realizing that your space is too narrow for the bin you chose, or maybe you didn’t realize that your shelves couldn’t be adjusted for height,” says McAvoy.
Plastic storage tubs list the capacity in quarts or gallons, and some may also include the weight limit. If you’re shopping online, you can get a sense of what a bin can hold by looking at both product photos and images posted by shoppers, which are often the most helpful.
Material and Design
Rigid plastic materials are less likely to buckle when filled with extremely heavy items. These are sometimes labeled as high-density bins. “A bin like this tends to be more expensive because it is really durable, keeps dust and critters out, and is airtight,” says McAvoy.
If you’re storing bins vertically, look for a stackable style (these usually have recessed lids), since this will help the bins stay stable and maximize your storage space from top to bottom. Note that some storage bins are narrower at the bottom and wider on top, so they can nest when they’re empty. This is a helpful feature, but if you are lining these up on shelves horizontally, you may have wasted space between them.
Lid Closure Type
Storage bin lids can be attached or removable. The attached lids might be on a single set of hinges, or they may split down the middle and interlock. When the lid is integrated into the design, you’re less likely to lose track of it, but McAvoy warns that sometimes these can break, rendering the entire bin unusable.
McAvoy prefers removable lids with side snaps and latches. If you live with small children, you might need to opt for more secure closures. If you love color-coding, consider lids that come in different colors. Others might opt for clear lids so they can easily see the contents.
When is the best time to buy plastic storage bins?
Plastic bins often go on sale in January or February, when retailers try to capitalize on customers’ resolutions to get organized. Containers in colors like red and green maybe even more deeply discounted at this time.
How should you label plastic storage bins?
There are almost as many labeling options as there are plastic containers. If you want flexibility, stick to erasable options such as removable chalkboard or whiteboard labels, and use either chalk paint or dry-erase markers. Label bin clips work well on the handles of open bins, and can also be used with dry-erase markers or Sharpies. Some people opt to simply write directly on clear bins, or buy pre-printed stickers. If you want your label to be permanent, use a marker like a Sharpie or an acrylic paint pen.
How can you hide plastic storage bins in your home?
If you’re looking to hide storage bins in your home, one option is to buy larger, more attractive containers made from materials like wood or rattan, and fit the plastic boxes inside. This works best for items you don’t need frequently. You could also use fabric, washi tape, drawer liner paper, spray paint, and stencils to decorate the exterior of plastic storage bins. If you really don’t want to see them, opt for under-bed storage containers.
Can you recycle plastic storage bins?
Check the number on the container as well as your area’s recycling rules. Many storage containers are made of polypropylene (labeled 5 or PP), and although this can be recycled, not all localities currently do this curbside, but some may accept them at transfer stations. You may be able to recycle polypropylene storage bins through a recycling company like TerraCycle. Try searching “specialty recycling company” and then the name of your town and state. Acrylic can be difficult to recycle, but some specialized facilities may accept it1. Products containing BPA cannot be recycled.2
If you can’t easily recycle your old bins, try posting them on a local swap group such as Buy Nothing or Freecycle, or using them for other home projects, such as building a terrarium or mini greenhouse. If they’re clean and in good condition, you can also donate them.
Last update on Wednesday, June 29, 2022 - 18:47:17 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API