Consumers have been using storage boxes to organize nearly every part of their lives: In homes, on the farm, at warehouses, and even for travel. Over the years, many users have bought numerous brands and styles of storage containers for different applications. Some have served faithfully for decades in storage sheds, while some were only good for a year before cracking.
The best light fixture boxes can lead to smarter living in your home. With a functional aesthetic, storage bins can declutter and organize. To find the ideal light fixture boxes available, we conducted hours of research and evaluated product models on durability, size, type of plastic, closures, and price.
Top 10 Bestlight fixture boxes : Editor’s Choice
List of 10 Best light fixture boxes: Selected and Tested by Experts
1. Southwire MSBFAN Fan Support 50/ lb, Maximum with Depth Adjustable, gray
- Depth Adjustable
- Quicker to install than a nail on box
- Extra thick wall material creates stability and rigidity
- Easily removed without creating damage to wall
- UL Listed; Madison Electric is now part of the Southwire family; Product packaging may vary
Additional Info :
2. Southwire MSBHW12 12″ Hollow Shanx 9/16 Socket, silver, medium
- A perfect cut every time
- No special hole saw or template required
- Location accuracy during installation
- Mounting hole spacing accommodates 3/0 and 4/0 fixtures, supports fixtures up to 6 lbs
- Requires 9/16 inch driver (not included).Madison Electric is now part of the Southwire family. Product packaging may vary
Additional Info :
3. Westinghouse Lighting 0103611 Saf-T-Pan, 1/2-Inch Deep
- Support box allows for safe installation of a ceiling fan or light fixture; attaches to an existing ceiling joist
- Fits all ceiling fan models; 1/2-Inch-deep box with 6-cubic-Inch capacity
- Dual mounting capabilities; five knockouts for Conduit or Romex
- UL listed for lighting fixture support of 150 pounds or less, acceptable for fan support of 70 pounds or less
- Bulk-packed mounting pan. Includes Saf-T-Cap to protect inner workings during drywall installation or painting
Additional Info :
4. ARLINGTON FSC405R Sconce Box, Diameter: 4″, Non-Metallic
- Measures 4 Inch x 0.5 Inch
- Cubic capacity of 5 Cubic-Inch
- Comes in black color
Additional Info :
5. PEESIN 2 Pack Ceiling Light Fixture Mounting Bracket, 4 Inches Diameter Universal Light Crossbar, Steel Crossbar Plate with Ground Screw for Mount Wall Light, Close to Ceiling Light, Chandelier
- Easy to Install: 4 Inches diameter universal mounting plate fits most ceiling lights. Including ground screws, wiring nuts and crossbar mounting screws, you just use it to mount light fixtures without buying other mounting hardware
- Wide Application: This light fixture mounting bracket adapter is designed to attach fixtures and canopies to electrical junction boxes. 2 Pack can satisfy your multiple needs, you can use it for mount wall light, close to ceiling light, LED light, pendant light and chandelier, bathroom vanity light fixtures
- Quality and Safety: 2 Pack universal circle crossbars are made of high quality zinc plated steel : durable and rust resistant for ensuring your safe use and reliability for a longer service life
- Product Size: Dimensions for the holes are 2 1/8″ center to center, 2 3/4″ center to center, and 3 1/2″ center to center. Made of zinc plated steel that is 0.56″ thick and comes with an 8/32 ground screw
- Package Includes: 2 x light fixture mounting plates; 4 x crossbar mounting screws; 2 x ground screws; 5 x wiring nuts
- Universal Steel Bracket Plate
Additional Info :
6. ZOOSSI 4 Inches Diameter Universal Light Fixture Mounting Bracket, 2 Pack Circle Ceiling Light Brackets, Iron Light Fixture Mounting Plate with Ground Screw, Ceiling Light Crossbar for Wall Light
- 【Easy to Install】4 Inches diameter universal pendant light mounting bracket fits most ceiling lights. Including ground screws, wiring nuts and crossbar mounting screws, you just need to install it without buying other mounting hardware
- 【Wide Application】This light crossbar plate is designed to attach fixtures and canopies to electrical junction boxes. 2 Pack can satisfy your multiple needs, you can use it for mount wall light, close to ceiling light, ceiling fans, pendant light and chandelier
- 【Quality and Safety】2 Pack light fixture mounting brackets are made of high quality zinc plated steel : durable and rust resistant for ensuring your safe use
- 【Light Fixture Bracket Size】Dimensions for the holes are 2 1/8″ center to center, 2 3/4″ center to center, and 3 1/2″ center to center. Made of zinc plated steel that is 0.56″ thick and comes with an 8/32’’ ground screw
- 【Package includes】2 x light fixture crossbars; 4 x crossbar mounting screws; 2 x ground screws; 6 x wiring nuts
Additional Info :
7. C Cattleya Brass Outdoor Wall Sconce with Clear Tempered Glass Porch Light Fixtures Waterproof Rectangle Box Exterior Wall Lantern Lighting for Garage Garden Patio Staircase Balcony (Standard)
- SOLID BRASS FRAME: The rectangle framework of this outdoor wall lantern is crafted from solid brass, delivering an on-trend modern look, is perfectly highlighted with brass accents that impart just the right touch of golden warmth.
- CLEAR TEMPERED GLASS: This outdoor wall light equipped with 3 pieces of the clear tempered glass panels. There has perfect light transmittance property, hard and strong. Provides a beautiful light for your house.
- SPECAIL HANDLE DESIGN: The porch light fixture is designed with a glass door opened by a special handle which takes exquisite craftsmanship. It is easy for you to replace the bulb. The wall sconce requires a E26 base Bulb(Bulb Not Include).
- WEATHER RESISTANT: The brass wall sconce in dark bronze finish is weather-resistant. The straight clean lines look bring a contemporary yet clean feel as your front porch light, garage light, garden light, patio light, doorway light, entryway light, balcony light, foyer light, and corridor light.
- EASY TO INSTALL: Includes all mounting hardware for quick and easy installation. This outdoor wall sconce is ETL Listed for safety use. Any questions with the wall lantern sconce please feel free to contact us.
Additional Info :
8. Enbrighten Direct Wire Converter for Linkable Light Fixtures, Junction Box, Control Multiple Lights from One Switch and Eliminate Cords, White, 39971
- Saves Space – Fully eliminates cord clutter to enhance your space, leaving plenty of room for other electronics
- Streamlined Operation – Control multiple linked lights using a single in-wall switch
- Enbrighten branded – Compatible with Enbrighten linkable pucks and bar fixtures
- Easy Installation – All the hardware you need is included inside of the box for confident, safe and hassle-free installation
- Peace of Mind – This product is built to last and comes with a limited-lifetime warranty
Additional Info :
9. Amico 16 Pack 6 Inch 5CCT Ultra-Thin LED Recessed Ceiling Light with Junction Box, 2700K/3000K/3500K/4000K/5000K Selectable, 12W Eqv 110W, Dimmable Can Light, 1050LM High Brightness Downlight – ETL
- Top Rated 6 Inch 5CCT Slim LED Downlight with Junction Box
- 5 CCT: 2700K, 3000K, 3500K, 4000K, 5000K, 5 color temperature selectable, no need to worry about what color temperature to buy, eliminates the hassle of returning or exchange products due to inappropriate color temperature.
- IC Rated: Amico’s canless LED recessed light is IC rated, which is permitted to be in contact with insulations in ceilings, meaning the junction box is thermally protected. It only requires as small as 2 inches ceiling spaces, fits various ceilings, and joists. It won’t cause a fire in the roof or overhead joist space.
- High Brightness: The 6inch slim downlights use the world’s leading LED chips with higher lumens and lower power. 1050LM consumes 12 Watts, which equals to 110W halogen lamp, saving you up to 90% in energy costs.
- Amico Benefits: 5-Year Warranty! The whole Amico’s recessed lighting is certified by ETL of a high standard.
Additional Info :
|Color||5000k/4000k/3500k/3000k/2700k – 5cct White|
10. Cable Matters UL Listed 2-Pack Porcelain Pull Chain Light Fixture, Lampholder with Outlet in White
- Ceramic light socket base with light outlet replaces an existing light fixture in the garage or closet; Install a new lighting location on a 3 1/4 or 4 inch light box; Light fixture with pull chain is compatible with incandescent, CFL or LED light bulbs with a standard E26 screw base
- AC light socket outlet provides a quick and convenient solution for powering a garage LED light strip, holiday decoration lights, small appliances, small power tools and more with 2-prong or 3-prong power cords; Add a closet light with pull chain instead of rummaging around in the dark
- Porcelain light socket provides a sturdy and long-lasting base even with light bulbs that generate heat; Includes a lifetime warranty and product support for peace of mind when purchasing
- Safety UL listed for indoor use in locations not exposed to water; Supports up to 125/250 volts and 660 watts including the light bulb and connected electrical devices
- Ceiling light with pull chain that turns off the bulb; Outlet is always on unless wired to a wall switch; Add a basement light fixture with an electrical outlet in a dark area
Additional Info :
How to choose the best light fixture boxes: Important features to consider
Materials: Polyethylene vs. polypropylene – Low-density polyethylene (stamped on the bottom as LDPE, recycling group number four) is more flexible than stiff, cheap polypropylene (recycling group five), so it won’t crack as easily if you drop a loaded bin on the garage floor. It also won’t become brittle at freezing temperatures the way polypropylene does.
Each material has some advantages. Polypropylene can be made see-through, and it’s much more heat resistant — all the way up to boiling temperatures. LDPE is always tougher, but it gets very soft at temperatures above 110 degrees Fahrenheit and melts in boiling water. Our testers have seen far more polypropylene bins fail in long-term storage, especially in cold climates, but in a baking-hot attic, you’d want to be very careful about how much weight is stacked on an LDPE bin.
Latching lids – A flip-up latch will hold your bin closed even if you over-stuff it, which is handy for things like bulky sweaters and puffy blankets. If you put too much strain on latches, though, they’re prone to pop out of the mounting holes. Those holes also mean an entry point for moisture and insects.
A waterproof seal – If you just need a bin to shed rain, almost any will do: with one exception, the lids we tested to cover the edge of the bin, which means water will roll off without getting inside. A totally sealed lid (like our top pick) will also keep out humidity, though damp items can mildew quickly if you’re not careful about what you put in the bin.
Stackable designs – Nearly any bin can stand on top of another, but some designs are able to neatly mix and match small and large bins while creating a topple-resistant tower.
Single-size lids – If you’re building a collection of storage containers to fully organize your life, it can be handy to have bins with same-size openings. This usually means you can stack and nest different sizes as well as share lids between them. Usually, there will be at least two sizes in a series of containers with a common lid and footprint size, with the difference in volume made up by height.
What to Look for in a Plastic Storage Bin
“Pre-sort items you want to organize into categories for containment,” says Marci McAvoy, professional organizer and founder of Marci McAvoy Home Organization. After pre-sorting, consider the storage bin’s capacity. Measure what you need to store and the space where it will live.
“There’s nothing worse than buying a bunch of bins and getting home and realizing that your space is too narrow for the bin you chose, or maybe you didn’t realize that your shelves couldn’t be adjusted for height,” says McAvoy.
Plastic storage tubs list the capacity in quarts or gallons, and some may also include the weight limit. If you’re shopping online, you can get a sense of what a bin can hold by looking at both product photos and images posted by shoppers, which are often the most helpful.
Material and Design
Rigid plastic materials are less likely to buckle when filled with extremely heavy items. These are sometimes labeled as high-density bins. “A bin like this tends to be more expensive because it is really durable, keeps dust and critters out, and is airtight,” says McAvoy.
If you’re storing bins vertically, look for a stackable style (these usually have recessed lids), since this will help the bins stay stable and maximize your storage space from top to bottom. Note that some storage bins are narrower at the bottom and wider on top, so they can nest when they’re empty. This is a helpful feature, but if you are lining these up on shelves horizontally, you may have wasted space between them.
Lid Closure Type
Storage bin lids can be attached or removable. The attached lids might be on a single set of hinges, or they may split down the middle and interlock. When the lid is integrated into the design, you’re less likely to lose track of it, but McAvoy warns that sometimes these can break, rendering the entire bin unusable.
McAvoy prefers removable lids with side snaps and latches. If you live with small children, you might need to opt for more secure closures. If you love color-coding, consider lids that come in different colors. Others might opt for clear lids so they can easily see the contents.
When is the best time to buy plastic storage bins?
Plastic bins often go on sale in January or February, when retailers try to capitalize on customers’ resolutions to get organized. Containers in colors like red and green maybe even more deeply discounted at this time.
How should you label plastic storage bins?
There are almost as many labeling options as there are plastic containers. If you want flexibility, stick to erasable options such as removable chalkboard or whiteboard labels, and use either chalk paint or dry-erase markers. Label bin clips work well on the handles of open bins, and can also be used with dry-erase markers or Sharpies. Some people opt to simply write directly on clear bins, or buy pre-printed stickers. If you want your label to be permanent, use a marker like a Sharpie or an acrylic paint pen.
How can you hide plastic storage bins in your home?
If you’re looking to hide storage bins in your home, one option is to buy larger, more attractive containers made from materials like wood or rattan, and fit the plastic boxes inside. This works best for items you don’t need frequently. You could also use fabric, washi tape, drawer liner paper, spray paint, and stencils to decorate the exterior of plastic storage bins. If you really don’t want to see them, opt for under-bed storage containers.
Can you recycle plastic storage bins?
Check the number on the container as well as your area’s recycling rules. Many storage containers are made of polypropylene (labeled 5 or PP), and although this can be recycled, not all localities currently do this curbside, but some may accept them at transfer stations. You may be able to recycle polypropylene storage bins through a recycling company like TerraCycle. Try searching “specialty recycling company” and then the name of your town and state. Acrylic can be difficult to recycle, but some specialized facilities may accept it1. Products containing BPA cannot be recycled.2
If you can’t easily recycle your old bins, try posting them on a local swap group such as Buy Nothing or Freecycle, or using them for other home projects, such as building a terrarium or mini greenhouse. If they’re clean and in good condition, you can also donate them.
Last update on Monday, August 8, 2022 - 18:37:21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API