Consumers have been using storage boxes to organize nearly every part of their lives: In homes, on the farm, at warehouses, and even for travel. Over the years, many users have bought numerous brands and styles of storage containers for different applications. Some have served faithfully for decades in storage sheds, while some were only good for a year before cracking.
The best locking medicine box can lead to smarter living in your home. With a functional aesthetic, storage bins can declutter and organize. To find the ideal locking medicine box available, we conducted hours of research and evaluated product models on durability, size, type of plastic, closures, and price.
Top 10 Bestlocking medicine box : Editor’s Choice
List of 10 Best locking medicine box: Selected and Tested by Experts
1. eoere Medicine Box with Combination Lock Cabinet Separate Compartments, Locking Prescription Pill Case, Child Proof Plastic Storage Box, Size 11 x 7.4 x 6.2 inches, Blue
- Tips: Press Slightly and Slide Downward the Combination , Note : This is the Plastic Box. With Combination lock that is easy to use and changeable; Safer with the meds locked up and keep away from children, kids proof.
- Size 11″ L x 7.4” W x 6.2″H , Enough Space can hold approximately 20-24 prescription bottles.(mini bottles)
- Compartment Design is nice for storing different sized Pills or Medication.（maximum bottle height of Vertical：5.1”）Upgrade-Quality ABS material,Very lightweight but Durable
- Great for general storage of Medication and Household First Aid Kit , valuables and personal items; It can carry outdoor as a aid kit for family, business, or sports team
- Note: please remember your passwords; please remember to lock the box after you use it as the latch is not designed to latch the box; do not use it as a steel safe for it is not a safety deposit box
Additional Info :
2. Glosen Medicine Lock Box, Lock Box for Medication
- Made of aluminum frame + MDF + removable plastic tray with child safety lock, portable handle with shoulder strap. External dimensions: 10×6.7×6.7 inches, silver color, one unique lock with 2 keys.
- Ideal for most business office, home, car, school, emergency, survival, camping, hunting and sporting activities.
- Great for storing general first aid supplies and personal items, it has enough room for 30-35 regular sized bottles.
- This is a great storage or stash box or jewelry safe/valuables box that is neither fire nor water resistant. You can put it on your desk or in your kitchen cabinets or cupboards or car. If it gets dirty, you can use a soft cloth or wet paper towel to clean the outside.
- Made by the largest manufacturer of aluminum first aid kits in China. Made of high quality materials and accepts all customer service policies of Amazon FBA.
Additional Info :
3. Vaultz Combination Lock Box – Pack of 1 – 10 x 7.25 x 7.75 Inch Standard Safe with Key and Combo Lock for Important Documents, Medicine & Money – BLACK
- STANDARD STORAGE – Whether you need a document safe or a medicine lock box, our 10 x 7.25 x 7.75 inch/19.24 x 6.7 x 7.24 inch safe box is ideal for locking up wallets, money, passports, medication, and other valuables.
- STRONG – Each lockable storage box features durable, chrome-steel corners designed to reinforce the exterior and provide extra protection to your personal belongings.
- PORTABLE – The Vaultz locking storage box is a lightweight yet reliable solution for your safety needs. It’s the perfect size for travel, but also works as a security box for home or office use.
- LOCK OPTIONS – This locking box not only comes with a 3-digit combination lock for convenient and keyless security
- GRIPPED BOTTOMS – No more skidding and scuffing with this lock box for medication, cash, and documents. All of our lock boxes have rubber feet to securely hold them in place.
Additional Info :
4. KYODOLED Locking Key Medicine Box,First Aid Key Safe Box with Lock,Key Medication Storage Lock Box for Drugs Use, 12.2” x 7.8” x 8.2” White
- KEY STORAGE MEDICINE BOX : KYODOLED Medicine Storage Box is made of high quality Aluminium Alloy Plates.Portable shoulder strap included.It will keep your valuables safe, organized and conveniently portable!
- SECURE DESIGN WITH HIGH QUALITY LOCK : The secure design lockable Drugs Storage Box, have a highly durable metal lock with two keys for easy access.Suitable to store all kinds of medicine, Prevent children from eating drugs by mistake.
- HIGH-QUALITY & DURABLE STRUCTURE: KYODOLED Medicine Box with Key Lock has more personal style, the structure composition of design for disassembly.Simply insert your medication into box and lock up,it provide you double security and maximum protection.
- CONVENIENT TO USE: KYODOLED Medicine Box with a durable trap, it is convenient accessory for you no matter at home or on office, portable and can be easily lock up, you can use it anytime and anywhere.
- WIDE MULTIPURPOSE APPLICATION: You can put the medicine box in your home, office, car, storage cabinet, you can also take it to camping, travel and various outdoor activities. Of course, you can choose it as a gift to your family, friends or employees.
Additional Info :
5. Locking Medication Box with Portable Storage Case, Childproof Medicine Lock Organizer, 12.2”x 7.2”x 7.6”, Lockable Empty First Aid Storage Cabinet, Lockbox for Drugs use (Coffee/Medium)
- 【LOCK for CHILD SAFE & PRIVACY】 Keep medicine and first aid accessories in the empty medicine lock box for quick reach in need, set mind at ease for child safe and privacy.
- 【GOOD QUALITY & STURDY STRUCTURE】 The medication lock box is built with sturdy plastic + MDF + aluminum alloy with good workmanship for durable use, and we check each piece before ship. The small exquisite four- compartments pill case included is made with quality new PP material, with very fit close to keep your daily carry-out pills and nutritional supplements safe and well protected.
- 【USEFUL & BEAUTIFUL】 Considered the case will be either travelling with us or placed in eye- catching places, a nice image apart from professional and convenient merits is a must, thus we have carefully chosen anti-scratch material, polished accessories and stylish surface panel with careful assembly to meet the practical and nice display need for all setting.
- 【WIDE MULTIPURPOSE APPLICATION】 You can put the medicine box at home, in office, factory, restaurant, GYM; you can also take it to camping, travelling and various outdoor activities; you may use it to store jewelry, cosmetics, tools etc, you may find it a perfect gift for your family, friends or employees to express your caring and love.
- 【VARIOUS OPTIONS】3 different sizes and 3 different colors which gives you more options to meet different application and venue requirements.
Additional Info :
6. Vaultz Medicine Lock Box w/ Combination Lock – 5 x 7 x 5″ Cabinet Safe, Black
- PERFECT FOR STORAGE – This medicine box provides a great way to store files, medication, and keepsakes without any worry. With a soft, felt interior, you won’t need to stress any internal damage.
- STURDY CONSTRUCTION – Our lock box for medication is the perfect solution for safe keeping. 4 steel corners, aluminum reinforcement, and an extra strong combination lock ensure your materials are safe.
- PERFECT SIZING – At 5 x 7 x 5″, use this locked medicine box to store up to 8 standard-sized pill bottles, or any other small keepsakes or valuables.
- COMBINATION LOCK – No need to stress losing a key. This locked box has an easy-to-use number combination locking device for an added layer of safety.
- NOT FOR CHILDREN – Please note that this locking medicine box is sturdy, but not impenetrable. We advise to keep it out of children’s reach.
Additional Info :
7. Grafco Locking Narcotics Safe, Steel Drug Cabinet, Double Door & Double Lock, Large, 3008
- SAFE STORAGE: intended to safely store narcotics, presciption medications, medicine, pharmaceuticals and other drugs; designed to be wall-mounted (mounting hardware not included)
- DOUBLE DOOR: 2 steel doors provide multiple layers of security; high quality welded metal construction with full-length piano-style hinges
- DOUBLE LOCK: each door features an individual key and lock; keys cannot be removed when the lock is in the open position for added security
- ADJUSTABLE SHELVES: includes 2 steel shelves that can be adjusted or removed for a perfect fit
- DIMENSIONS: 24 x 16 x 8 inches (H x W x D); weighs 22 lb.
Additional Info :
8. SereneLife Locking Storage Container Bin – 5 Gallon Large Capacity – Stackable Storage Tote Deck Tough Box – Durable Plastic Household Organizer Bins with Lid, Combination Lock Security – SLSBIN10
- HEAVY DUTY: This 5-gallon capacity storage bin offers an impact resistant, anti-scratch, and stain-resistant housing Unlike the usual storage bins with lids, this container is highly durable and perfect for home, office, school and business
- EASY SET UP: A large sturdy plastic storage bin that’s so easy to assemble, you don’t need any extra tools Effectively protect possessions from dirt, dust, moisture, insects, and other damaging elements
- CONVENIENT: An efficient and tough storage box solution that meets all your needs Features an easy access lift-top hinge and side panel carry handle grips Our stackable storage bins are a definite space saving essential
- 4 DIGIT LOCK: Aside from its clean and modern style, this container box has an integrated 4-digit number lock Secures your personal belongings without having to worry about losing the keys
- MULTIFUNCTIONAL: Ideal for organizing household items, kids toys, or as garage storage bins You can use it to store fragile items, important file documents, and more Also great for camping, first aid, parts and tool box
Additional Info :
9. Kaddy Secure Pill Organizer Box, Storage for Bottles of Medicine or Supplements; Toiletry; Travel or Home, TSA Approved Lock (Grey)
- Three digit TSA combo lock securely stores items for travel or at home. Six stretchable compartments for convenient and tidy organization as well as large mesh compartment for flexible storage and easy access. Bottles not included.
- Water resistant, soft and durable fabric for extra protection. Neutral grey colour stays new-looking longer and works great as addition to other accessories.
- Simple to set or reprogram with the three digit code of your choice. Lock is easy to unlock with a large, side, release button.
- LOCK YOUR BAG: Set your code, Place one zipper handle in at a time until you hear a click, Scramble the numbers to lock your bag; UNLOCK YOUR BAG: Set your code, Press the side release button, Zipper handles will pop out and your bag can be opened; NOTE: Your Medicine Travel Bag does NOT include a TSA key as it is for the Custom Authorities only. Follow the set up procedure for Resetting your lock
- If you have any questions or concerns please let us know.
Additional Info :
10. 【2022 Upgrade】Glosen Medicine Storage Lock Box with Combination Lock
- Made of aluminum frame + MDF + removable plastic tray with new generation combination lock, shoulder strap and portable handle, easy to use and change; lock the medication away from children to prevent them from touching it, safer! Tip: Gently press and slide down the combination.
- Medicine lock box with combination lock prevents you from losing your keys, open the box directly by entering the code you set, very easy to use, no need to worry even if you forget the code, you just need to reset the code according to the instructions.
- Suitable for general medication and home first aid kits, storage of valuables and personal belongings; it can be carried outdoors as a first aid kit for home, business or sports teams.
- 10.1 x 7.5 x 7.9 Inch of space to hold approximately 40–50 prescription bottles and other items.
- Note: Made by the largest manufacturer of aluminum supplies in China, made with high quality materials, and accept all customer service policies of Amazon FBA. If you have any doubts about the product, feel free to contact us!
Additional Info :
How to choose the best locking medicine box: Important features to consider
Materials: Polyethylene vs. polypropylene – Low-density polyethylene (stamped on the bottom as LDPE, recycling group number four) is more flexible than stiff, cheap polypropylene (recycling group five), so it won’t crack as easily if you drop a loaded bin on the garage floor. It also won’t become brittle at freezing temperatures the way polypropylene does.
Each material has some advantages. Polypropylene can be made see-through, and it’s much more heat resistant — all the way up to boiling temperatures. LDPE is always tougher, but it gets very soft at temperatures above 110 degrees Fahrenheit and melts in boiling water. Our testers have seen far more polypropylene bins fail in long-term storage, especially in cold climates, but in a baking-hot attic, you’d want to be very careful about how much weight is stacked on an LDPE bin.
Latching lids – A flip-up latch will hold your bin closed even if you over-stuff it, which is handy for things like bulky sweaters and puffy blankets. If you put too much strain on latches, though, they’re prone to pop out of the mounting holes. Those holes also mean an entry point for moisture and insects.
A waterproof seal – If you just need a bin to shed rain, almost any will do: with one exception, the lids we tested to cover the edge of the bin, which means water will roll off without getting inside. A totally sealed lid (like our top pick) will also keep out humidity, though damp items can mildew quickly if you’re not careful about what you put in the bin.
Stackable designs – Nearly any bin can stand on top of another, but some designs are able to neatly mix and match small and large bins while creating a topple-resistant tower.
Single-size lids – If you’re building a collection of storage containers to fully organize your life, it can be handy to have bins with same-size openings. This usually means you can stack and nest different sizes as well as share lids between them. Usually, there will be at least two sizes in a series of containers with a common lid and footprint size, with the difference in volume made up by height.
What to Look for in a Plastic Storage Bin
“Pre-sort items you want to organize into categories for containment,” says Marci McAvoy, professional organizer and founder of Marci McAvoy Home Organization. After pre-sorting, consider the storage bin’s capacity. Measure what you need to store and the space where it will live.
“There’s nothing worse than buying a bunch of bins and getting home and realizing that your space is too narrow for the bin you chose, or maybe you didn’t realize that your shelves couldn’t be adjusted for height,” says McAvoy.
Plastic storage tubs list the capacity in quarts or gallons, and some may also include the weight limit. If you’re shopping online, you can get a sense of what a bin can hold by looking at both product photos and images posted by shoppers, which are often the most helpful.
Material and Design
Rigid plastic materials are less likely to buckle when filled with extremely heavy items. These are sometimes labeled as high-density bins. “A bin like this tends to be more expensive because it is really durable, keeps dust and critters out, and is airtight,” says McAvoy.
If you’re storing bins vertically, look for a stackable style (these usually have recessed lids), since this will help the bins stay stable and maximize your storage space from top to bottom. Note that some storage bins are narrower at the bottom and wider on top, so they can nest when they’re empty. This is a helpful feature, but if you are lining these up on shelves horizontally, you may have wasted space between them.
Lid Closure Type
Storage bin lids can be attached or removable. The attached lids might be on a single set of hinges, or they may split down the middle and interlock. When the lid is integrated into the design, you’re less likely to lose track of it, but McAvoy warns that sometimes these can break, rendering the entire bin unusable.
McAvoy prefers removable lids with side snaps and latches. If you live with small children, you might need to opt for more secure closures. If you love color-coding, consider lids that come in different colors. Others might opt for clear lids so they can easily see the contents.
When is the best time to buy plastic storage bins?
Plastic bins often go on sale in January or February, when retailers try to capitalize on customers’ resolutions to get organized. Containers in colors like red and green maybe even more deeply discounted at this time.
How should you label plastic storage bins?
There are almost as many labeling options as there are plastic containers. If you want flexibility, stick to erasable options such as removable chalkboard or whiteboard labels, and use either chalk paint or dry-erase markers. Label bin clips work well on the handles of open bins, and can also be used with dry-erase markers or Sharpies. Some people opt to simply write directly on clear bins, or buy pre-printed stickers. If you want your label to be permanent, use a marker like a Sharpie or an acrylic paint pen.
How can you hide plastic storage bins in your home?
If you’re looking to hide storage bins in your home, one option is to buy larger, more attractive containers made from materials like wood or rattan, and fit the plastic boxes inside. This works best for items you don’t need frequently. You could also use fabric, washi tape, drawer liner paper, spray paint, and stencils to decorate the exterior of plastic storage bins. If you really don’t want to see them, opt for under-bed storage containers.
Can you recycle plastic storage bins?
Check the number on the container as well as your area’s recycling rules. Many storage containers are made of polypropylene (labeled 5 or PP), and although this can be recycled, not all localities currently do this curbside, but some may accept them at transfer stations. You may be able to recycle polypropylene storage bins through a recycling company like TerraCycle. Try searching “specialty recycling company” and then the name of your town and state. Acrylic can be difficult to recycle, but some specialized facilities may accept it1. Products containing BPA cannot be recycled.2
If you can’t easily recycle your old bins, try posting them on a local swap group such as Buy Nothing or Freecycle, or using them for other home projects, such as building a terrarium or mini greenhouse. If they’re clean and in good condition, you can also donate them.
Last update on Sunday, July 3, 2022 - 9:37:15 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API