Consumers have been using storage boxes to organize nearly every part of their lives: In homes, on the farm, at warehouses, and even for travel. Over the years, many users have bought numerous brands and styles of storage containers for different applications. Some have served faithfully for decades in storage sheds, while some were only good for a year before cracking.
The best mail box wood can lead to smarter living in your home. With a functional aesthetic, storage bins can declutter and organize. To find the ideal mail box wood available, we conducted hours of research and evaluated product models on durability, size, type of plastic, closures, and price.
Top 10 Bestmail box wood : Editor’s Choice
List of 10 Best mail box wood: Selected and Tested by Experts
1. Whitewashed Wood Tabletop Mail Holder Box, Desktop Mail Organizer, Farmhouse Mail Organizer Countertop, Mail Letter Holder, Mail Storage Box, Bill Coupon Organizer with Letter Script Design
- RUSTIC & CHIC DESIGN : Our rustic farmhouse mail holder is made from wood, Shown in Whitewashed with black hand painted “MAIL” on the front. Rid yourself and your home of daily clutter with this beautiful rustic, country chic large letter holder, mail sorter, and bill organizer.
- DURABILITY : Use it to file bills, organize incoming and outgoing mail and letters to keep your life organized while also showing off your style with this décor sitting on the shelf or kitchen counter dorm home or office desk, stand alone or against the wall.
- MULTIPURPOSE : This rustic wood organizer is perfect for mail, coupons, or bills. It will be a convenient place for you to store outgoing and incoming mail and other items.Perfect for bedrooms, home offices, this wooden rustic kitchen counter organizer mail holder works anywhere.
- Rustic Home Decor Gift : This beautiful lettered mail holder is perfect as a desk organizer or countertop organizer. It also makes a great housewarming or wedding gift as well!
- This box will hold up to 100 pieces of standard mail. SPECS: 10.2″ W x 4.75″ D x 3.8″ H
Additional Info :
2. Wood Open Storage Boxes Mail Organizer Bins Letter Holder Box Small Wooden Crate Box Set of 2 Rustic Decorative Storage Box for Bathroom Kitchen Office Countertop Organizer (Solid Wood Brown)
- Countertop storage box organizing and storing mail, bills, coupons or small tool on your desktop;
- Real wood rustic decor box for bathroom toilet paper storage basket;
- Wooden decorative storage box displaying on a office desk, shelves,table, entryway or counter;
- Nesting Set 2-pack decorative small wood open box with handle;
- Wood decorative box beautiful workmanship, quality assurance, 100% refund service if not satisfied.
Additional Info :
3. Krigen Wooden Tabletop Decorative Mail Holder Box / Farmhouse Wood Crate for home decor – Office Desk Storage Container for Mail Sorter – Document Organizer Bins (Dark Brown-TSH)
- [CUTE DESIGN]:This desktop organizer box is featured with mortise and tenon joint on front and back board, Which is pretty look and durable,any place is a scenery with it.
- [WITH NAME CARD HOLDER]: The wooden storage crate comes with a delicate bronzed card holder, is perfect for mail sorter,organizing bill,letters,envelopes，documents,display on desks, tables, or counter tops，storing various small objects,home and office decor.The metal tag holder makes this cute wood bin more practical and adds a touch of vintage.
- [LARGE STORAGE SPACE]: Large wooden storage box for holding daily mail or and other desktop accessories,as garniture,jewelry,remote control, books, potted plants. The decorative farmhouse wood decor box is suitable for all kinds of places, it can be applied as beautiful decorations for dining room, kitchen, bedroom, living room, bathroom or office.
- [WOODEN STYLE & DURABLE]:The organizer box with label clip is made of selected solid wood with brisk and beautiful colors, clear natural wood texture, excellent moisture resistance. This wood box is lightweight, durable and easy to care. Anyway, It can make a great difference anywhere as an amazing wood storage container.
- [DIMENSIONS]: Outsize of this wood decor box is 11.8″L* 5.9″W*5.9″H (300*150*150mm).
Additional Info :
4. Dahey Rustic Wood Organizer for Countertop Bill Organizer Letter Holder Desk Envelope Accessories Storage Box Decorative Bin Sorter for Tabletop Home Office Kitchen
- Rustic Bill Organizer: The rustic farmhouse wooden bill organizer is perfect for organize bill, coupons, letters, postcards, envelopes and other small project, etc. Keep your desk tidy and easier to find the file as you need, stand alone or against the wall.
- Multipurpose: This desktop letter storage holder not only organize letter, but also can be use in hallways, entryways, mudrooms, kitchen, laundry, garages, bathroom, toilet, this office desk file organizer works anywhere.
- Rustic and Classical Design: The design of bill organizer countertop is rustic torched wood style, wood pattern look quite concise , beautiful, timeless. Also can show off your style with this decor sitting on the office shelf, bedroom, kitchen countertop and living room
- DIY: You can DIY in this simple and non- font desk mail organizer according to your preferences, such as writing, drawing or adding other decorations to give full play to your talents.
- Size: Outside measurement: 11” L X 5.5” W X 4.5 ” D; Inside measurement: 9.8’’ L X 4.3” W X 3.9” D. Made of solid wood, cute rustic offer decor.
Additional Info :
5. Mail Boss Curbside, Wood Grain 7510 Mail Manager Locking Security Mailbox
- USPS-approved full-service residential locking mailbox prevents mail-identity theft
- 14- and 16-gauge electro galvanized welded steel construction defends against vandalism, with an elegant wood-grain finish on the front face
- Innovative baffle door accepts small packages and deters fishing, and patented anti-pry latch locking mechanism prevents leveraged entry
- Includes concealed outgoing mail clip, 12-disc wafer lock, 3 keys and all necessary installation hardware
- Dimensions: 21″ D x 11. 25″ H x 10. 75″ W
Additional Info :
6. Rustic Mail Organizer Decorative Wooden Mail Holder Box Farmhouse Tabletop Mail Storage Box for Mail, Letter, Bill Coupon, Notebook, Pen, Desktop Mail Holder, Letter Sorter Tray
- RUSTIC & CHIC DESIGN : The Mail Organizer is made of solid wood, which is durable and environmentally friendly, Brown color design and the front is engraved with White “MAIL”. The simple and stylish DIY design is suitable for various user groups and has a wide range of application scenarios, including offices, rooms, living rooms, restaurants, etc. Rid yourself and your home of daily clutter with this beautiful rustic, country chic large letter holder, mail sorter, and bill organizer.
- DURABILITY : Use the Mail holder box to file bills, organize incoming and outgoing mail and letters to keep your life organized while also showing off your style with this décor sitting on the shelf or kitchen counter dorm home or office desk, stand alone or against the wall.
- MULTIPURPOSE : This rustic wood Mail Box is perfect for mail, coupons, or bills. It will be a convenient place for you to store outgoing and incoming mail and other items.Perfect for bedrooms, home offices, this wooden rustic kitchen counter organizer mail holder works anywhere.
- Rustic Home Decor Gift : This beautiful lettered Mail Organizer is perfect as a desk organizer or countertop organizer. This Mail Organizer Countertop Storage Box is also the best choice as a holiday gift, promotion gift, and birthday gift.
- This Mail box will hold up to 100 pieces of standard mail. SPECS: 10.2″ W x 4.75″ D x 3.8″ H
Additional Info :
7. Mail Organizer, Mail Holder,Countertop Letter Holder,Magazine Basket,Mail Sorter,Rustic Home Decor Torched Wood Crate, Mail Box, Pine Decor Box (White)
- Mail organizer box: The retro-designed mailbox can be placed in front of your desk to store messy letters, magazines, bills and other documents to make your desk organized and improve work efficiency.
- Rustic decor:Wooden decorative storage box with the word MAIL scripted on the front.
- Hollow handle design: The mail holder countertop adopts a hollow handle design, you can move it freely after it is full of mails without scattering.
- Large size: The mail organizer is made of pine wood. The large size of 11.4*5.5*5.5inch can store daily scattered magazines and a large number of bills and mails. You don’t have to worry about finding files anymore.
- Worry-free after-sales service: When you find that the bill organizer is damaged after receiving the goods, you don’t need to worry, please contact me in time, we will deal with it urgently for you.
Additional Info :
8. MyGift Rustic Torched Wood Mail Holder Storage Box, Desktop Organizer Bin with Mail Script Design
- Wooden decorative storage box with the word MAIL scripted on the front
- Perfect for organizing your mail, letters, and important documents
- Compact size ideal for display on desks, tables, or counter tops
- Made of solid wood: Please note wood grain and color may vary due to natural wood material and color processing
- Approximate Dimensions: 11.5 W x 5.6 D x 5.5 H (in inches)
Additional Info :
9. Mail Order Bride: Twenty Brides and Babies Mega Boxed Set
Additional Info :
10. Mail Boss 7124 In- Ground Steel Mounting Mailbox Post, Wood Grain
- Post made of heavy-duty 10- and 14-gauge electrogalvanized steel
- Features durable powder-coated finish
- Can be used with a wooden post for deep in-ground installations
- Includes 4 mounting bolts and clear instructions
- Accepts all Mail Boss brand Locking Security Mailboxes
Additional Info :
How to choose the best mail box wood: Important features to consider
Materials: Polyethylene vs. polypropylene – Low-density polyethylene (stamped on the bottom as LDPE, recycling group number four) is more flexible than stiff, cheap polypropylene (recycling group five), so it won’t crack as easily if you drop a loaded bin on the garage floor. It also won’t become brittle at freezing temperatures the way polypropylene does.
Each material has some advantages. Polypropylene can be made see-through, and it’s much more heat resistant — all the way up to boiling temperatures. LDPE is always tougher, but it gets very soft at temperatures above 110 degrees Fahrenheit and melts in boiling water. Our testers have seen far more polypropylene bins fail in long-term storage, especially in cold climates, but in a baking-hot attic, you’d want to be very careful about how much weight is stacked on an LDPE bin.
Latching lids – A flip-up latch will hold your bin closed even if you over-stuff it, which is handy for things like bulky sweaters and puffy blankets. If you put too much strain on latches, though, they’re prone to pop out of the mounting holes. Those holes also mean an entry point for moisture and insects.
A waterproof seal – If you just need a bin to shed rain, almost any will do: with one exception, the lids we tested to cover the edge of the bin, which means water will roll off without getting inside. A totally sealed lid (like our top pick) will also keep out humidity, though damp items can mildew quickly if you’re not careful about what you put in the bin.
Stackable designs – Nearly any bin can stand on top of another, but some designs are able to neatly mix and match small and large bins while creating a topple-resistant tower.
Single-size lids – If you’re building a collection of storage containers to fully organize your life, it can be handy to have bins with same-size openings. This usually means you can stack and nest different sizes as well as share lids between them. Usually, there will be at least two sizes in a series of containers with a common lid and footprint size, with the difference in volume made up by height.
What to Look for in a Plastic Storage Bin
“Pre-sort items you want to organize into categories for containment,” says Marci McAvoy, professional organizer and founder of Marci McAvoy Home Organization. After pre-sorting, consider the storage bin’s capacity. Measure what you need to store and the space where it will live.
“There’s nothing worse than buying a bunch of bins and getting home and realizing that your space is too narrow for the bin you chose, or maybe you didn’t realize that your shelves couldn’t be adjusted for height,” says McAvoy.
Plastic storage tubs list the capacity in quarts or gallons, and some may also include the weight limit. If you’re shopping online, you can get a sense of what a bin can hold by looking at both product photos and images posted by shoppers, which are often the most helpful.
Material and Design
Rigid plastic materials are less likely to buckle when filled with extremely heavy items. These are sometimes labeled as high-density bins. “A bin like this tends to be more expensive because it is really durable, keeps dust and critters out, and is airtight,” says McAvoy.
If you’re storing bins vertically, look for a stackable style (these usually have recessed lids), since this will help the bins stay stable and maximize your storage space from top to bottom. Note that some storage bins are narrower at the bottom and wider on top, so they can nest when they’re empty. This is a helpful feature, but if you are lining these up on shelves horizontally, you may have wasted space between them.
Lid Closure Type
Storage bin lids can be attached or removable. The attached lids might be on a single set of hinges, or they may split down the middle and interlock. When the lid is integrated into the design, you’re less likely to lose track of it, but McAvoy warns that sometimes these can break, rendering the entire bin unusable.
McAvoy prefers removable lids with side snaps and latches. If you live with small children, you might need to opt for more secure closures. If you love color-coding, consider lids that come in different colors. Others might opt for clear lids so they can easily see the contents.
When is the best time to buy plastic storage bins?
Plastic bins often go on sale in January or February, when retailers try to capitalize on customers’ resolutions to get organized. Containers in colors like red and green maybe even more deeply discounted at this time.
How should you label plastic storage bins?
There are almost as many labeling options as there are plastic containers. If you want flexibility, stick to erasable options such as removable chalkboard or whiteboard labels, and use either chalk paint or dry-erase markers. Label bin clips work well on the handles of open bins, and can also be used with dry-erase markers or Sharpies. Some people opt to simply write directly on clear bins, or buy pre-printed stickers. If you want your label to be permanent, use a marker like a Sharpie or an acrylic paint pen.
How can you hide plastic storage bins in your home?
If you’re looking to hide storage bins in your home, one option is to buy larger, more attractive containers made from materials like wood or rattan, and fit the plastic boxes inside. This works best for items you don’t need frequently. You could also use fabric, washi tape, drawer liner paper, spray paint, and stencils to decorate the exterior of plastic storage bins. If you really don’t want to see them, opt for under-bed storage containers.
Can you recycle plastic storage bins?
Check the number on the container as well as your area’s recycling rules. Many storage containers are made of polypropylene (labeled 5 or PP), and although this can be recycled, not all localities currently do this curbside, but some may accept them at transfer stations. You may be able to recycle polypropylene storage bins through a recycling company like TerraCycle. Try searching “specialty recycling company” and then the name of your town and state. Acrylic can be difficult to recycle, but some specialized facilities may accept it1. Products containing BPA cannot be recycled.2
If you can’t easily recycle your old bins, try posting them on a local swap group such as Buy Nothing or Freecycle, or using them for other home projects, such as building a terrarium or mini greenhouse. If they’re clean and in good condition, you can also donate them.
Last update on Sunday, July 3, 2022 - 8:57:16 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API