Consumers have been using storage boxes to organize nearly every part of their lives: In homes, on the farm, at warehouses, and even for travel. Over the years, many users have bought numerous brands and styles of storage containers for different applications. Some have served faithfully for decades in storage sheds, while some were only good for a year before cracking.
The best metal hose box can lead to smarter living in your home. With a functional aesthetic, storage bins can declutter and organize. To find the ideal metal hose box available, we conducted hours of research and evaluated product models on durability, size, type of plastic, closures, and price.
Top 10 Bestmetal hose box : Editor’s Choice
List of 10 Best metal hose box: Selected and Tested by Experts
1. Neverleak 2519500 Ames 100 ft. Metal Hose Reel, Brown
- Never Leaks
- Holds up to 100 ft. hose
Additional Info :
2. Giraffe Metal Hose Reel Box, Heavy Duty Garden Hose Storage Reel Hideaway with Crank Handle, 150ft 5/8″ Hose Capacity
- 【EASY WINDING】Make garden hose storage simple and clean! The easily assembled crank handle and the hose guide helps you manually wind the hose evenly around the reel with less mess.
- 【LARGE CAPACITY】The hose holder comes with a 5 ft leader hose, which can store up to 150ft of 5/8in garden hose or 200ft of 1/2in garden hose. But NOT with the 3/4-inch hose.
- 【STURDY & DURABLE】The strong metal housing with the rust-resistant coating is easy to take care of as well as lasts throughout the seasons. The Aluminum connections are guaranteed not to leak.
- 【DECORATIVE & HIDEAWAY】The dark green design blends perfectly into your backyard, patio, lawn, or other outdoor areas, and hides the hoses without taking up too much space. You can also open the lid to inspect the interior if necessary.
- 【24 MONTHS WARRANTY】The Giraffe team has always been committed to improving the quality of life for everyone and enabling more families to enjoy the pleasures of the yard. Our improved after-sales service will always make your purchase worry-free and keep you satisfied!
Additional Info :
3. Metal Garden Hose Reel Box, Durable Hose Storage Hideaway with Crank Handle, Heavy Duty Manual Rewind 200ft 1/2″ Hose Capacity
- 【High Quality Garden Tools】 Our garden reels are made of sturdy metal with powder coat, heavy duty. The connections of leader hose and the crank handle are all Aircraft-grade aluminum. Resistant to rust and anti-corrosion property needs no special maintaining.
- 【Characteristic Designs】 Hundreds of trials make the length of the crank effort-saving and artistic. Handle sheath keeps a firm hold. Engineering mechanics design helps to maintain stability. The metal base has enough weight to stay on the deck or patio when handling the hose.
- 【Unique Guide System】 Hose guide helps retract the hose neat and tidy. Lockable hose guide can stop at any point when you need adjust the hose and keep the hose away from tangling.
- 【Capacity】 This metal garden hose reel can holds up to 150ft 5/8 – inch garden hose or 200ft 1/2-inch garden hose. Note: Our metal hose cabinet is not suit for 3/4 garden hose. (hose not included) .
- 【A Hose Reel and A Decoration】 Completely metallic style design is easy to blend into your garden. Provide you no messy hose but a tidy garden, even a decoration.
- 【24 Months Warranty】2-year limited warranty for worry-free shopping. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.
Additional Info :
4. BIRDROCK HOME Decorative Water Hose Holder Pot with Lid – Distressed Bronze Exterior – Ground Garden Hose Box – Handle – Embossed – Steel Metal Hider – Outdoor or Indoor Use
- HIDDEN & ORGANIZED: keep your water hose neatly hidden after your done water your lawn, plants, grass and flowers. The lid keeps your hose hidden but also protects it from dirt and dust
- DECORATIVE ACCENT: adds an attractive yet functional touch to your backyard, patio, deck or back porch. The removable center post helps guide the water hose when you are coiling and uncoiling for use. The hose holder also features a hole for easy water hose access while also acting as a drainage hole for excess water
- VERSATILE STORAGE USE: can also be used indoor to store household items such as magazines, plants, blankets, firewood, etc
- LIGHTWEIGHT & STURDY: made from high quality steel and powered coated making it lightweight, yet strong and sturdy to last for years to come
- COLOR: Distressed Bronze. Holds water hoses up to 100ft long.
Additional Info :
5. Artigarden Freestanding Garden Hose Holder Hanger, Heavy Duty Metal Water Hose Storage Stand Rack
- Free Standing & High Stability – Different from wall mounted hose hanger, hosemobile reel cart or outside hose pot keeper, this wall-mounted Free outdoor hose caddy stake has the total height of 43.5 inches and comes with three stable anchor points, provides the decorative hose pipe organizer stronger support and keeps the standard hose up to 150 ft (hose not included) firmly in place, no messy, no dirty, saves space, makes hose organize.
- Heavy Gauge Steel Construction & Durable – Made of high-strong gauge steel and powder coated finish, to ensure the detachable hose shelf rust-proof, weather resistant, reliability and long service life.
- Wide Range of Uses – Because of lightweight and easy-to-move, the water hose stake is well suitable for garden, backyard, lawn or courtyard. Different with hose reel or pot, it can always stand on groud independently, even in cold winter or rainy days, there is no need to worry about the impact of severe weather.
- Detachable & Easy to assemble – Through six tightened screws to complete the assembly, the wall-mounted free hose bracket prevents the hose off the ground and keeps it unobstructed, helps to extend the life of the hose. Meantime, keep your yard clean and easily repositioned as needed.
- Tips & Warranty – In order to prolong the service life of the rustproof hose organization, advise to put it indoor when not in use. At the same time, we will provide 90-days fully money-back guarantee and lifetime support. Purchase with worry free!
Additional Info :
6. TIDYON 42.5″ Garden Hose Holder Water Hose Holder Heavy Duty Detachable Metal Hose Hanger Free Standing Garden Hose Storage Hose Stand for Lawn & Yard
- Garden Hose Holder: Size 16.14″L x 5.9” W x 42.5″ H.Perfect height to keep the hose away from the ground. Space saving hose rack suitable for outside.
- Heavy Duty Hose Hanger: Made of durable metal,rustproof and thickened, strong steel with thick black coating, ensuring durability and long last. This hose holder withstands a lot of weight.
- Hose Holder Freestanding: Three stable anchor points, provides the hose organizer stronger support and stand firmly. Once it is all the way in the ground, it holds a lot of hose and does not move or bend.
- Easy Installation: Just stick outdoor water hose holder stand in the ground easily by stepping down on the anchor points. Detachable hose hangers are convenient to move and store.
- Wide Range of Uses:The outdoor hose storage stake is well suitable for gardens,warehouses and ourtyard. Even in cold winter or rainy days, there is no need to worry about the impact of severe weather.If any problem with hose holders for outside, please contact us.
Additional Info :
7. LifeSmart Decorative Garden Hose Pot Storage Holder Handmade with Lid Copper Finish 12 x 16 Inches Green Finish
- This beautiful and practical copper hose pot has a hand-hammered design and solid handle.
- Hand hammered design
- This handcrafted, hose pot can be used as a garden flower pot, log holder or garden hose holder.
- Multiuse as a garden flower pot, log holder or garden hose holder
- Holds up to 100 ft. hose Solid handle Antique Elegant plated
Additional Info :
8. Yard Butler Hose Reel Handy Reel – Portable Hose Hanger – Garden Hose Storage, Water Hose Holder – Water Hose Reel, Metal Hose Reel, Garden Hose Stand – Heavy Duty Steel Hose Reel Cart – Silver
- PORTABLE AND VERSATILE – Yard Butler’s garden hose holder, the Handy Reel comes equipped with a durable and useful handle. Conveniently carry your hose and reel all around your garden or property, making sure all of your plants and grass are properly watered. This clever top handle provides support when you are rewinding your hose. Sure you can mount this hose reel to the ground or wall, but you’ll miss out on all the flexibility!
- EASY REELING – Featuring a compact, low profile design, the Handy Reel won’t tip over when your back is turned. Our water hose reel holds 75 feet of 5/8” water hose storage. Now you can reach the entire front or back yard with our super easy, tangle-free reeling. Its unique outlet pipe and center spool designs ensures you will never experiences kinks or leaks again.
- EXCEPTIONAL QUALITY – Don’t pay for wheels you don’t need. Simply carry your hose to where you want it! You may also mount the Handy Reel if that is better for your situation. Our garden hose reel wall mount includes a 5-foot leader hose to connect your faucet.
- HEAVY DUTY – Our garden hose reel cart is built with 7/8” 16 GA welded steel tube frame, stainless steel inlet pipe, and brass hose fittings. The powder coated steel of our heavy duty hose caddy is totally rust-resistant. It is available in a variety of cool color options such as original silver, blue, green, and purple.
- YARD BUTLER – Stop buying plastic or fragile tools & home improvement supplies that don’t hold up over the years. We strive to help you achieve your gardening dreams. Yard Butler gardening supplies are tough and designed to last a lifetime. If you have a problem with one of our tools, contact us and we’ll make it right.
Additional Info :
9. AMES 2519100 NeverLeak Cold-Weather Resistant Cabinet with Auto-Track Reel, 150-Foot Hose Capacity
- Built to withstand cold temperatures
- Holds up to 150′ of hose
- Incldues leader hose
- Made in China
Additional Info :
|Color||150-Foot Hose Capacity|
10. Koehler Enterprises KE28BX 10 Piece Hose Clamp Box (Size SAE 28), silver
- 300 series stainless steel band provides maximum corrosion resistance to salt and most chemicals
- SAE size 28, clamping range from 1 – 1/4 inches to 2 -1/4 inches (3,33 to 5,72 cm)
- Ideal for automotive, home maintenance, plumbing, industrial and marine applications
- Suitable for virtually any clamping application
- Versatile and easy to use and maintain
Additional Info :
How to choose the best metal hose box: Important features to consider
Materials: Polyethylene vs. polypropylene – Low-density polyethylene (stamped on the bottom as LDPE, recycling group number four) is more flexible than stiff, cheap polypropylene (recycling group five), so it won’t crack as easily if you drop a loaded bin on the garage floor. It also won’t become brittle at freezing temperatures the way polypropylene does.
Each material has some advantages. Polypropylene can be made see-through, and it’s much more heat resistant — all the way up to boiling temperatures. LDPE is always tougher, but it gets very soft at temperatures above 110 degrees Fahrenheit and melts in boiling water. Our testers have seen far more polypropylene bins fail in long-term storage, especially in cold climates, but in a baking-hot attic, you’d want to be very careful about how much weight is stacked on an LDPE bin.
Latching lids – A flip-up latch will hold your bin closed even if you over-stuff it, which is handy for things like bulky sweaters and puffy blankets. If you put too much strain on latches, though, they’re prone to pop out of the mounting holes. Those holes also mean an entry point for moisture and insects.
A waterproof seal – If you just need a bin to shed rain, almost any will do: with one exception, the lids we tested to cover the edge of the bin, which means water will roll off without getting inside. A totally sealed lid (like our top pick) will also keep out humidity, though damp items can mildew quickly if you’re not careful about what you put in the bin.
Stackable designs – Nearly any bin can stand on top of another, but some designs are able to neatly mix and match small and large bins while creating a topple-resistant tower.
Single-size lids – If you’re building a collection of storage containers to fully organize your life, it can be handy to have bins with same-size openings. This usually means you can stack and nest different sizes as well as share lids between them. Usually, there will be at least two sizes in a series of containers with a common lid and footprint size, with the difference in volume made up by height.
What to Look for in a Plastic Storage Bin
“Pre-sort items you want to organize into categories for containment,” says Marci McAvoy, professional organizer and founder of Marci McAvoy Home Organization. After pre-sorting, consider the storage bin’s capacity. Measure what you need to store and the space where it will live.
“There’s nothing worse than buying a bunch of bins and getting home and realizing that your space is too narrow for the bin you chose, or maybe you didn’t realize that your shelves couldn’t be adjusted for height,” says McAvoy.
Plastic storage tubs list the capacity in quarts or gallons, and some may also include the weight limit. If you’re shopping online, you can get a sense of what a bin can hold by looking at both product photos and images posted by shoppers, which are often the most helpful.
Material and Design
Rigid plastic materials are less likely to buckle when filled with extremely heavy items. These are sometimes labeled as high-density bins. “A bin like this tends to be more expensive because it is really durable, keeps dust and critters out, and is airtight,” says McAvoy.
If you’re storing bins vertically, look for a stackable style (these usually have recessed lids), since this will help the bins stay stable and maximize your storage space from top to bottom. Note that some storage bins are narrower at the bottom and wider on top, so they can nest when they’re empty. This is a helpful feature, but if you are lining these up on shelves horizontally, you may have wasted space between them.
Lid Closure Type
Storage bin lids can be attached or removable. The attached lids might be on a single set of hinges, or they may split down the middle and interlock. When the lid is integrated into the design, you’re less likely to lose track of it, but McAvoy warns that sometimes these can break, rendering the entire bin unusable.
McAvoy prefers removable lids with side snaps and latches. If you live with small children, you might need to opt for more secure closures. If you love color-coding, consider lids that come in different colors. Others might opt for clear lids so they can easily see the contents.
When is the best time to buy plastic storage bins?
Plastic bins often go on sale in January or February, when retailers try to capitalize on customers’ resolutions to get organized. Containers in colors like red and green maybe even more deeply discounted at this time.
How should you label plastic storage bins?
There are almost as many labeling options as there are plastic containers. If you want flexibility, stick to erasable options such as removable chalkboard or whiteboard labels, and use either chalk paint or dry-erase markers. Label bin clips work well on the handles of open bins, and can also be used with dry-erase markers or Sharpies. Some people opt to simply write directly on clear bins, or buy pre-printed stickers. If you want your label to be permanent, use a marker like a Sharpie or an acrylic paint pen.
How can you hide plastic storage bins in your home?
If you’re looking to hide storage bins in your home, one option is to buy larger, more attractive containers made from materials like wood or rattan, and fit the plastic boxes inside. This works best for items you don’t need frequently. You could also use fabric, washi tape, drawer liner paper, spray paint, and stencils to decorate the exterior of plastic storage bins. If you really don’t want to see them, opt for under-bed storage containers.
Can you recycle plastic storage bins?
Check the number on the container as well as your area’s recycling rules. Many storage containers are made of polypropylene (labeled 5 or PP), and although this can be recycled, not all localities currently do this curbside, but some may accept them at transfer stations. You may be able to recycle polypropylene storage bins through a recycling company like TerraCycle. Try searching “specialty recycling company” and then the name of your town and state. Acrylic can be difficult to recycle, but some specialized facilities may accept it1. Products containing BPA cannot be recycled.2
If you can’t easily recycle your old bins, try posting them on a local swap group such as Buy Nothing or Freecycle, or using them for other home projects, such as building a terrarium or mini greenhouse. If they’re clean and in good condition, you can also donate them.
Last update on Thursday, June 30, 2022 - 19:37:17 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API