Consumers have been using storage boxes to organize nearly every part of their lives: In homes, on the farm, at warehouses, and even for travel. Over the years, many users have bought numerous brands and styles of storage containers for different applications. Some have served faithfully for decades in storage sheds, while some were only good for a year before cracking.
The best microwave food box can lead to smarter living in your home. With a functional aesthetic, storage bins can declutter and organize. To find the ideal microwave food box available, we conducted hours of research and evaluated product models on durability, size, type of plastic, closures, and price.
Top 10 Bestmicrowave food box : Editor’s Choice
List of 10 Best microwave food box: Selected and Tested by Experts
1. Rubbermaid Brilliance Food Storage Containers 10 Piece Plastic Containers with Lids Bento Box Style Sandwich and Snack Lunch Kit BPA Free, Leak Proof Food Container Microwave /Dishwasher Safe
- Rubbermaid Brilliance 100% leak-proof food storage containers feature BPA-free Tritan lids and bases with 360-degree clarity; airtight seal and secure latches prevent spills and leaks and help keep food fresh and secure
- Perfect for a variety of occasions and events—like lunches, snacks, meal prep, parties, holidays, and more
- Crystal-clear containers are clear like glass so you can always see what’s inside, but are light and easy to carry; stain-resistant material keeps plastic food container looking like new, and resists odors
- Built-in vents under latches allow splatter-resistant microwaving with the lid on
- Containers stack perfectly to one another to save space and stay organized in the pantry or fridge
- Safe for the dishwasher, microwave, and freezer; lifetime warranty
- Set includes one 3.2-cup and two 1.3-cup plastic food containers plus lids, one side tray, 2 small half trays that fit inside the larger containers, and one divider, for a total of 10 pieces
Additional Info :
2. Freshware Meal Prep Containers [50 Pack] 1 Compartment Food Storage Containers with Lids, Bento Box, BPA Free, Stackable, Microwave/Dishwasher/Freezer Safe (16 oz)
- ✅ SAVE TIME & MONEY: Meal Prep Containers 50 Pack features 1 compartment in one plastic container. Each kid’s bento box can store a total of 16 oz which are the perfectly portion controlled to stay full, yet fit and healthy!
- ✅ HEALTHY MEAL EVERYWHERE: Featuring food storage containers to help keep your meal prep plan and lose weight. These plastic containers can also be used as school lunch box or last night’s dinner.
- ✅ PREMIUM QUALITY & DESIGN: Most meal prep containers don’t last for a long time. They crack after a few uses or melt in microwave. Not Freshware, our heavy duty lunch containers are built to be more strong and reusable than our competitors.
- ✅ MICROWAVE, DISHWASHER AND FREEZER SAFE: Made of the highest quality food safe materials, these bento box can withstand temperatures from -40C to +120C (-40F to 250F) – so enjoy without worry about harmful chemicals leaking into your food.
- ✅ SATISFACTION GUARANTEE: Freshware food containers are meant to help you eat healthier and save money by cooking at home. In the unlikely case that your containers are not perfect for you, just send them back for a full refund or replacement!
Additional Info :
|Color||1-Compartment, 50-Pack, 16 ounce|
3. [5-Pack, 36 oz]Glass Meal Prep Containers 3 Compartment with Lids, Glass Lunch Containers,Food Prep Lunch Box,Bento Box,BPA-Free, Microwave, Oven, Freezer, Dishwasher (4.5 Cups)
- HIGH QUALITY BOROSILICATE GLASS:Our glass storage containers are made from high quality borosilicate glass, which is stronger than cheaper glass food storage containers, safely go straight from the refrigerator to the microwave or oven to the table.
- PORTION CONTROL FEATURE:The portion control feature of the divided glass lunch containers allows you to regain control over your meals. The two compartments glass containers make it easy to organize your meals and keep your diet plan.
- AIRTIGHT SMART-LOCKING LIDS: MCIRCO Glass food storage containers use snap lock lids that comes with silicone seals to ensure your meal prep food will last much longer than normal plastic food storage containers. These lids are easy to use and will stop leaking. These lids will not break or slowly stop working.
- FOOD GRADE SAFE & BPA FREE: Easy to use and easy to take care of, as it’s safe in the microwave, freezer, dishwasher, and oven. Take off the lids before placing in dishwasher, oven and microwave for better maintenance.
- 100% CUSTOMER SATISFACTION: If you receive cracked products or you are not 100% satisfied with our products, please feel free to contact our customer service. We will provide the best solution for you within 24 hours.
Additional Info :
4. Enther Meal Prep Containers Single Lids, Food Storage Bento BPA Free | Stackable | Reusable Lunch Boxes, Microwave/Dishwasher, Freezer Safe,Portion Control (28 oz), 20 Pack 1 Compartment
- Simple, fast, easy to use – Most meal-prep containers don’t last. They crack after just a couple uses and can’t even be used in the microwave without burning or melting. Not Enther, our bento boxes are built to last and contain the best features.
- No more disappointments. Gone are the days you had to worry about a cracked container or one that can’t withstand the heat of a microwave. Our containers are BPA-free, microwavable and ensured for multiple times uses.
- Trust – Use a meal-prep container that you can count on. It gets old when you have to buy a new container after just a few uses. Enther containers are washer and freezer friendly. With our bento boxes, you can trust that they will last longer than any other.
- You in Mind – Enther containers are made with you in mind. We listened to your requests and this is our response: A safe, stackable and reliable container that features dividers for portion control. This bento box has everything you need and more!
- Our containers are made with quality in mind. If your container doesn’t meet your expectations or cracks within 10 uses, you get your order refunded. That’s our promise.
Additional Info :
|Color||20 Pack 1 Compartment|
5. Square Plastic Portion box with Lids.Food Storage Box,Container Sets,Food Storage,Food Containers,Cereal Containers,use for School,Work and Travel,0.52 quarts per box,Set Of 5
- 【Perfect Specifications】:Bento lunch box set consists of 5 transparent plastic blue lids. Size:( 5.32 x 3.93 x 1.96in, 0.52 Quarts) which can meet your different needs, from storing fruits to preparing dishes.
- 【Keep Food Fresh】:Great Meal Prep Lunch Box to keep your food fresh and meal preps easy.Great for portion-control, snack to-go，ideal for home, outdoor picnic,school etc.
- 【Safety/Reusable/ Durable/ Stackable】:The container and the lid are made by BPA-Free and Food-Grade Safe PP materials.stackable in the freezer or lunch bag,easy to bring.Designed with kid-friendly lids that stay securely on.(not leak-proof)
- 【Micro-wave oven&Dishwasher safe】: Our food containers are also made of anti-freeze and high-temperature materials. Freezers and microwave ovens can be used with confidence.Our products can be cleaned in the dishwasher, will not be deformed, and can be reused
- 【100% risk-free purchase】：Please, if you have any questions or issues regarding the Pedeco food storage containers please do not hesitate to send the seller a message through Amazon we will respond within 24 hours.
Additional Info :
6. WGCC Meal Prep Containers, 50 Pack Extra-thick Food Storage Containers with Lids, Disposable Bento Box Reusable Plastic Bento Lunch Box, BPA Free, Stackable, Microwave/Dishwasher/Freezer Safe (24 oz)
- ★ PERFECT MEAL PREP SET – These portion control bento boxes come in a 50 Pack of durable meal prep containers with lids to prepare your healthy meal plans for the week ahead and achieve your nutritional goals
- ★ AIRTIGHTS LIDS DESIGN – Helps prevent your food from spoiling by keeping your food away from air and preventing smells in your fridge from pervading your food. Stacks nicely in the kitchen cupboard or fridge.
- ★ PREMIUM QUALITY & DESIGN – Most meal prep containers don’t last for a long time. They crack after a few uses or melt in microwave. Not WGCC, our heavy duty lunch containers are built to be more strong and reusable than our competitors.
- ★ MICROWAVE, DISHWASHER AND FREEZER SAFE – Made of the highest quality food safe materials, these bento box can withstand temperatures from -40C to +120C (-40F to 250F) – so enjoy without worry about harmful chemicals leaking into your food.
- ★ PERFECT SIZE – 24 oz, 7.3”x4.9”x1.77” single compartment containers are designed for meal prep, take out or kid’s lunches. The containers stack nicely giving you extra storage space. The efficient space allows you to take your food anywhere you go!
Additional Info :
7. Glass Containers Bamboo Lids, Urban Green, Meal Prep Containers, Glass Food storage Containers, 2 Compartments, Pantry and Kitchen Organizer, Lunch Bento Box, Microwave-Freezer-Oven Safe, set of 3,
- ✅ PREMIUM BOROSILICATE GLASS AND BAMBOO QUALITY: Our glass container made of high quality borosilicate glass with smooth and beautifully polished Bamboo Lids in set of 3 Pack, total 6pcs. Our bamboo lids are strong, durable and Eco-friendly. They’re plastic free, BPA free, phthalate free. Make heathy products a part of your every day life!
- ✅ ALL-IN-ONE USE: Simply use our glass container for meal prep, our 3 pack containers give you generous for storage space for all needs, straight from the food prep to the oven cook. Our borosilicate glass is oven safe up to extremely high temperature 600F degree, server the delicious meal for lunch or dinner after cooking then storage the leftover in the container with airtight bamboo lids in the fridge. You can also use as a lunch box and to warm in microwave or oven for the next day.
- ✅ ULTRA VERSATILE: Our glass container safe in oven, microwave, fridge, freezer and dishwasher. They could use as meal prep, lunch box, butter dish and oven cooking pan. Our bamboo lids are stylish and work great as small cutting board for cheese, vegetables etc. The non-reactive clear glass resists stains, food adores, it’s nonporous, worry free of germs.
- ✅DUAL-COMPARMTENT: Our 3 sets dual-compartment bento box are perfectly sized for any meals and prevent smells seeping between each compartment from the containers. Our 3 set glass containers, each one sizes 31OZ(7.7×5.7×2.4in), and each with their own bamboo lid. Bamboo lid is recommended to wash by hand not in dishwasher.
- ✅ YOU HAVE OUR WARRENTY: Glass is Fragile, if any glass is damaged during logistic, pls contact our customer service immediately for return, replacement, or refund.
Additional Info :
8. Freshware Meal Prep Containers [21 Pack] 3 Compartment with Lids, Food Storage Containers, Bento Box, BPA Free, Stackable, Microwave/Dishwasher/Freezer Safe (24 oz)
- ✅ Save Time and Money: 21-Pack of Bento Boxes features 3 compartments in one container. Each meal prep container can store a total of 24oz (12-6-6 oz) which are the perfectly to stay full, yet fit and healthy!
- ✅ Healthy Meal Everywhere: Featuring food storage containers help to keep your meal prep plan and lose weight. These plastic containers can also be used as school lunch box or last night’s dinner.
- ✅ Premium Quality and Design: Most meal prep containers don’t last for a long time. They crack after a few uses or melt in microwave. Not Freshware, our heavy duty lunch containers are built to be more strong and reusable than our competitors.
- ✅ Microwave, Dishwasher, and Freezer Safe: Made of the highest quality food safe materials, these bento box can withstand temperatures from -40C to +120C (-40F to 250F)
- ✅ Freshware Promise – Freshware prides itself on providing the absolute best customer service in the industry. For any reason you decide that this bento box is not for you, you can return it with no questions asked.
Additional Info :
|Color||3-Compartment, 21-Pack, 24 ounce|
9. One Day We’ll Cook Our Food In Little Black Boxes Using Microwaves
Additional Info :
10. Meal Prep Container, 50 Pack (750ML/ 26 OZ) Food Storage Containers with Lids, Disposable Bento Box Reusable Plastic Lunch Box Kitchen Food Take-Out Box Microwave/Dishwasher/Freezer Safe
- ?【????????? & ???????】 – The hard-plastic construction will ensure no cracks or breaking along the way. The leak proof lids will tightly seal the food containers for meal prepping, preventing any annoying leaks or spills in your bag or freezer.
- ?【????????? ????】 – Safely reheat them in the microwave. Note: These containers cannot be placed in the oven. Frozen food must be thawed before reheating. If there is too much oil, fat, sugar, or salt in the food, please do not use these bento boxes. If the heating speed is too fast, the temperature of these foods may exceed 100C / 212F. When using a microwave oven, be sure to open the lid. When using a 1000-watt microwave oven for heating, do not use more than 80% of the power.
- ?【??????? ????】 – Prepare and package up your meals ahead of time. These food containers with lids will prevent freezer burn and any absorbing of other odors from the freezer. NOTE: When freezing, do not try to squeeze it into a narrow space, otherwise they will break. Before removing the cover, make sure that it has been thawed, although a small amount of warm water will balance the air pressure, so you can remove the cover.
- ?【?????????? ???? & ????????】 – You can reuse these durable containers as many times as you like. Clean these portion control boxes easily by placing on the top rack of the dishwasher. If you don’t want to reuse them you can simply throw these containers into a recycling bin or trash.
- ?【????? ????】 – 50 Pack Take-out box bulk (26oz / 750ml，50 bottoms and 50 lids). It is convenient and fast to prepare school meals and working meals for busy families. Also great for Catering serivce -perfect for packaging food at your deli, kiosk, food truck, catering service or restaurant for to-go meals. they stack neatly on top of each other allowing for completely mess free transportation and making all your customers happy as well.
Additional Info :
|Color||Black-26 OZ, 50 Set|
How to choose the best microwave food box: Important features to consider
Materials: Polyethylene vs. polypropylene – Low-density polyethylene (stamped on the bottom as LDPE, recycling group number four) is more flexible than stiff, cheap polypropylene (recycling group five), so it won’t crack as easily if you drop a loaded bin on the garage floor. It also won’t become brittle at freezing temperatures the way polypropylene does.
Each material has some advantages. Polypropylene can be made see-through, and it’s much more heat resistant — all the way up to boiling temperatures. LDPE is always tougher, but it gets very soft at temperatures above 110 degrees Fahrenheit and melts in boiling water. Our testers have seen far more polypropylene bins fail in long-term storage, especially in cold climates, but in a baking-hot attic, you’d want to be very careful about how much weight is stacked on an LDPE bin.
Latching lids – A flip-up latch will hold your bin closed even if you over-stuff it, which is handy for things like bulky sweaters and puffy blankets. If you put too much strain on latches, though, they’re prone to pop out of the mounting holes. Those holes also mean an entry point for moisture and insects.
A waterproof seal – If you just need a bin to shed rain, almost any will do: with one exception, the lids we tested to cover the edge of the bin, which means water will roll off without getting inside. A totally sealed lid (like our top pick) will also keep out humidity, though damp items can mildew quickly if you’re not careful about what you put in the bin.
Stackable designs – Nearly any bin can stand on top of another, but some designs are able to neatly mix and match small and large bins while creating a topple-resistant tower.
Single-size lids – If you’re building a collection of storage containers to fully organize your life, it can be handy to have bins with same-size openings. This usually means you can stack and nest different sizes as well as share lids between them. Usually, there will be at least two sizes in a series of containers with a common lid and footprint size, with the difference in volume made up by height.
What to Look for in a Plastic Storage Bin
“Pre-sort items you want to organize into categories for containment,” says Marci McAvoy, professional organizer and founder of Marci McAvoy Home Organization. After pre-sorting, consider the storage bin’s capacity. Measure what you need to store and the space where it will live.
“There’s nothing worse than buying a bunch of bins and getting home and realizing that your space is too narrow for the bin you chose, or maybe you didn’t realize that your shelves couldn’t be adjusted for height,” says McAvoy.
Plastic storage tubs list the capacity in quarts or gallons, and some may also include the weight limit. If you’re shopping online, you can get a sense of what a bin can hold by looking at both product photos and images posted by shoppers, which are often the most helpful.
Material and Design
Rigid plastic materials are less likely to buckle when filled with extremely heavy items. These are sometimes labeled as high-density bins. “A bin like this tends to be more expensive because it is really durable, keeps dust and critters out, and is airtight,” says McAvoy.
If you’re storing bins vertically, look for a stackable style (these usually have recessed lids), since this will help the bins stay stable and maximize your storage space from top to bottom. Note that some storage bins are narrower at the bottom and wider on top, so they can nest when they’re empty. This is a helpful feature, but if you are lining these up on shelves horizontally, you may have wasted space between them.
Lid Closure Type
Storage bin lids can be attached or removable. The attached lids might be on a single set of hinges, or they may split down the middle and interlock. When the lid is integrated into the design, you’re less likely to lose track of it, but McAvoy warns that sometimes these can break, rendering the entire bin unusable.
McAvoy prefers removable lids with side snaps and latches. If you live with small children, you might need to opt for more secure closures. If you love color-coding, consider lids that come in different colors. Others might opt for clear lids so they can easily see the contents.
When is the best time to buy plastic storage bins?
Plastic bins often go on sale in January or February, when retailers try to capitalize on customers’ resolutions to get organized. Containers in colors like red and green maybe even more deeply discounted at this time.
How should you label plastic storage bins?
There are almost as many labeling options as there are plastic containers. If you want flexibility, stick to erasable options such as removable chalkboard or whiteboard labels, and use either chalk paint or dry-erase markers. Label bin clips work well on the handles of open bins, and can also be used with dry-erase markers or Sharpies. Some people opt to simply write directly on clear bins, or buy pre-printed stickers. If you want your label to be permanent, use a marker like a Sharpie or an acrylic paint pen.
How can you hide plastic storage bins in your home?
If you’re looking to hide storage bins in your home, one option is to buy larger, more attractive containers made from materials like wood or rattan, and fit the plastic boxes inside. This works best for items you don’t need frequently. You could also use fabric, washi tape, drawer liner paper, spray paint, and stencils to decorate the exterior of plastic storage bins. If you really don’t want to see them, opt for under-bed storage containers.
Can you recycle plastic storage bins?
Check the number on the container as well as your area’s recycling rules. Many storage containers are made of polypropylene (labeled 5 or PP), and although this can be recycled, not all localities currently do this curbside, but some may accept them at transfer stations. You may be able to recycle polypropylene storage bins through a recycling company like TerraCycle. Try searching “specialty recycling company” and then the name of your town and state. Acrylic can be difficult to recycle, but some specialized facilities may accept it1. Products containing BPA cannot be recycled.2
If you can’t easily recycle your old bins, try posting them on a local swap group such as Buy Nothing or Freecycle, or using them for other home projects, such as building a terrarium or mini greenhouse. If they’re clean and in good condition, you can also donate them.
Last update on Tuesday, June 28, 2022 - 2:07:45 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API