Consumers have been using storage boxes to organize nearly every part of their lives: In homes, on the farm, at warehouses, and even for travel. Over the years, many users have bought numerous brands and styles of storage containers for different applications. Some have served faithfully for decades in storage sheds, while some were only good for a year before cracking.
The best modern window planter box can lead to smarter living in your home. With a functional aesthetic, storage bins can declutter and organize. To find the ideal modern window planter box available, we conducted hours of research and evaluated product models on durability, size, type of plastic, closures, and price.
Top 10 Bestmodern window planter box : Editor’s Choice
List of 10 Best modern window planter box: Selected and Tested by Experts
1. Rectangle Self Watering Plant Pot with Water Level Indicator, Window Gardening Box, Indoor Herb Garden, Modern Decorative Planter Pot, 16 x 5.5 Inch, White (Plants Not Included)
- Self-Watering Planter: Water will be transferred to the plants in the inner liner through the water pipe, so that the plants will not be lack of water.
- Visible Water Level Indicator: It enables you to observe the water level any time with the water level indicator . Once the water level indicator reaches the bottom Min. line, it reminds you to add water to the basin.
- Eco-Friendly Durable Material: The plant pot is made of PP plastic, super lightweight. It can be used to decorate your windowsill, desktop, shelf, bedroom, living room, kitchen, garden, and outdoor patio.
- Vent Hole Design: There are vent holes at the bottom of the liner, which are convenient for plants to breathe.
- Minimal Design: Cream white color and classic shape design, can be used in a variety of applications, whether it is for home, apartment, office, desktop, outdoor or indoor, it will make your home more comfortable.
Additional Info :
2. GardenBasix Elongated Self Watering Planter Pots Window Box 5.5 x 16 inch with Coconut Coir Soil Indoor Home Garden Modern Decorative Planter Pot for All House Plants Flowers Herbs 1, White 5.5″ x16”
- ★ MULTI-PURPOSE: Drain holes at the bottom. Suitable for indoor or outdoor, balcony, window sill, table top, shelf, etc.
- ★ SELF WATERING. You don’t have to water the plants every day, it can store enough water for a week or more, and it’s easier to grow.
- ★ INCLUDING 4 COCONUT COIR SOIL. Each coconut coir disk becomes a 1 quart of fluffy plant fiber after using 0.5 quart of water. There is very little nutrients in the coir soil, so it is best to add some fertilizer After adding water to expand it, so that it can be used for a long time, just add some fertilizer at the right time. Due to policy reasons, the packaging of products sold in Australia/Japan does not contain Coco Coir Soil.
- ★ STYLISH AND SIMPLE APPEARANCE. It can be used in a variety of environments, whether it is for home, apartment, office, desktop, outdoor or indoor, it will complement your home environment. Rectangular flower pots with a length of 40 cm (15 1/2”), a width and a height of 14 cm (5 1/2”), can grow multiple plants, and are suitable to be placed on the balcony or office desk or bookshelf.
- ★ EASY TO OBSERVE. The water level indicator allows you to observe the water level at any time. Once the water level is below or close to the minimum water level, you can consider pouring water into the pot. There is a special water injection port for easy water injection.
Additional Info :
3. GrowLED Self Watering Planter Pots Window Box Indoor Home Garden Modern Decorative Planter Pot for All Indoor Plants, White(15.8″x5.2″x5.2″)
- PLANTS LIVE LONGER – The unique passive hydroponic action creates the perfect balance of root zone water and oxygen, allowing plants to grow healthier and flourish.
- SELF-WATERING – It’s self-watering! The handy water level indicator let’s you know when and how much to water you’re indoor herbs and house plants. Watering is reduced to weeks instead of days. Aquaphoric Planters work great for all plant types, flowers, herbs vegetables, tropical foliage, succulents and seed starting.
- ROOTS BREATHE, PLANTS FLOURISH – Simple design to make your plants get the right amount of water and space to grow better and faster.
- GREAT GARDENING GIFT – Houseplants and especially herbs are good for you, plus they look great. Why not give the power of plants to someone you care about? It’s easy to grow plants with an Aquaphoric planter. Anyone can do it.
- NOTE: PLANTS AND SEEDS ARE NOT INCLUDED
Additional Info :
4. Suream 3 Pack Indoor Window Box Planter, 12×3.8 Inch Rectangle Herb Planter with Tray, Modern Small Succulent Cactus Flower Plastic Plant Pot for Window Sill, Garden Balcony, Office Shelf Decoration
- Perfect for Narrow Windowsill – Lovely beige colors, perfect size to fit windowsill, great space savers. Herbs planters size: 12×3.8×3.3in, Saucer size: 11.2×3.0×1.2in. Each very light plastic, enough to be moved around the anywhere.
- Nice Planter Pots for Plant – Window box planter is great for planting herbs, flower seedlings, violets, small cactus, succulent, chili, sage, thyme, rosemary and parsley etc., also holding shiny stones, soil, pebbles and more.
- Drainage Holes and Attached Saucer – 2 opened drainage holes and 2 reserved holes conductive to providing proper airflow and promoting plants to grow strongly; the bottom tray section can catche any extra water but keeps it away from the plants.
- Safe, Durable and Anti-corrosion – Very well made, attractive, made from ABS material; Environmentally friendly and non-toxic; Sturdy, compact, cute but small; Scratch, abrasion and impact resistance. Perfect quality for a great price!
- Modern Windowsill Planter Boxes – Package Includes: 3 x Window Pots, Plants Not Included. Fits right on the kitchen, railing, fence, small shelving, deck, window sill, patio, porch, garden, home, balcony, desk, shelf, office, indoor and outdoor decoration.
Additional Info :
5. Modern White Rectangle Planter Box | 16″ Metal Planter Perfect as a Succulent Planter | Narrow Planter Box for Table or Window Sill Planters Indoor | Rectangular Stainless Steel Long Planter
- WELL DESIGNED – Our attractive stainless steel planter box is made from durable 304 grade stainless steel. The edges are seam welded to ensure your narrow planter box is watertight, and the steel of the flower box has been powder coated. This coating ensures your planter box is scratch resistant and won’t chip or fade. We have also provided rubber pads to increase stability. PLANTS AND ROCKS ARE NOT INCLUDED
- VERSATILITY – This rectangular planter can be used in a variety of ways. It can be used as a large succulent planter indoor or use our modern planter box as a centerpiece on your table. Because it is a narrow planter box, it can easily be used on a bookshelf or a desk. This is not just a succulent planter; this rectangular long planter can be used to hold candles or other floral arrangements as well
- CONTEMPORARY MODERN DECOR – This stainless-steel planter box is fantastic when you are looking for home decor that is contemporary or modern. This small planter will fit right into your home no matter what your design scheme is – and it will offer a high-end feel. Dimension: 16” X 3.2” X 3.5” Inches.
- GREAT GIFT OPTION – Our modern rectangle planter makes a fantastic gift for anyone! Give a small planter to a friend starting college – perfect for their dorm room! Perhaps for a co-worker moving to a new department, this succulent planter will make it feel homey. Our rectangle planters are a great gift for the person who is hard to buy for, too. Click on “Add to cart” now while supplies last!
- CUSTOMER SATISFACTION – We pride ourselves on the quality of our rectangle planter, so we want to make sure you are happy with your purchase. If you have any problems, please contact us. We offer a 60-day warranty on our metal planter boxes, and we are happy to help you with any issues if they arise!
Additional Info :
6. Veradek Metallic Series Indoor/Outdoor Rectangular Window Box Railing Planter
- GARDEN DECOR: Decorate your space with the Rectangular Window Planter; Whether you use it as a patio, deck, or for the front entrance, this railing planter is the perfect fit with its sharp and modern appeal
- METAL PLANT BOX: This long sleek planter pot is made from a fully seam welded, thick gauge powder coated rust resistant galvanized steel, with a furniture quality finish which makes it scratch resistant
- DIMENSIONS: These modern pots measure 9 Inch in height, 9 Inch in width, and 36 Inch in length
- OPTIONAL DRAINAGE HOLE: This plant container has an optional drainage to drive out excess water
- WEATHER RESISTANT: This crack resistant planter pot—equipped with styrofoam insulation—is designed to withstand any kind of weather and to help ensure that the plants stay insulated in winters and do not dry during the summers
Additional Info :
7. LLB 2 Pack Flower Pots for Plants 17 Inch Rectangle Self Watering Planter Indoor Outdoor, Succulent pots, Windowsill Planter Box, 17″ x 4.7″ x 5.9″ Modern Decorative Plastic Pots for All House Plants
Additional Info :
8. MyGift 10 inch Rectangular Modern Minimalist White Ceramic Succulent Planter Pot/Window Box Container with Saucer and Drainage Holes
- Bring clean lines and minimalist style to your home décor with this modern ceramic planter box with classic white finish
- Features a distinctive rectangular design, a removable draining tray, and 2 draining holes to allow water to naturally pass through the soil to keep plants healthy
- Perfectly for displaying live potted plants, flowers, or even home decor **Plants not included**
- Removable saucer allows for easy display on desks, tables, shelves, windowsills and counter tops while protecting sensitive surfaces from water damage
- Approximate Dimensions (in inches): Overall – 10.25 W X 4.25 H X 5.25 D; Planter – 10 W X 4 H X 4.75 D; Saucer – 10.25 W X 0.75 H X 5.25 D
Additional Info :
9. Greeneria Cement Gray Rectangle Flower Pot Modern Rectangular Balcony and Window Planter Box, 8″ H x 8″ W x 20″ L – The Essentials Series
- All of the planters in the Elegant collection are made of fiberglass combined with 58% finely ground stone. Fiber stone is less fragile and more durable than concrete and ceramic, making it ideal for households with pets and kids.
- Features a timeless modern appearance. Made of high-quality fiber stone, these lightweight planters will last for years and can be used both indoors and outdoors.
- Fiber stone is rather easy to clean, simply wipe down their exterior with a damp cloth, gently removing dirt. For outdoor planters with a glossy, smooth finish, it’s best to use warm soapy water and a soft sponge.
- Appropriate for indoor and outdoor use this planter is waterproof and weather resistant. This planter comes without drain holes/ drainage holes but can be made
- Measurements: 8″H x 8″W x 20″L Available Colors: Black, White, and Cement.
Additional Info :
10. T4U Self Watering Planters Plastic Rectangular Plant Pot, Modern Decorative Flower Pot/Window Box for All House Plants, Flowers, Herbs, African Violets, Succulents – Blue, Set of 2
- [HIGH-QUALITY PLANTERS]: Self Watering Planters are made from 100% high-grade polyethylene, allowing for a long lasting fade-free performance.
- [DOUBLE-LAYER STRUCTURE]: This plant pot with a double layer design, body and bottom base could be separated. The plant pot’s main part has several drainage holes at the bottom, you could easily know about the absorption of plant roots.
- [SELF-WATERING FEATURE]: The main body with a bottom base creates a water reservoir, which could prevent over watering and insufficient irrigation. It also keeps plants healthy by supplying constant moisture and preventing nutrients loss.
- [PECFECT WINDOW BOX SIZE]: Outside Dimensions: 15″L x 6″W x 6.5″H. Package Contain: 2 x Blue Rectangle Planter *** Plants Not included*** 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE. We are so confident in our products and services that we back them with a full 120 day money back guarantee. Your satisfaction is guaranteed!
- [Durable Use] The weather-proof and ultra-tough construction allow you to enjoy your window box all year long. Perfect for first-time gardeners, frequent travelers or plants growing in dry conditions. Also a great and practical gift for plant lover! This plant pots can be decorated for indoor, outdoor, living room, windowsill, patio, plant stands.
Additional Info :
How to choose the best modern window planter box: Important features to consider
Materials: Polyethylene vs. polypropylene – Low-density polyethylene (stamped on the bottom as LDPE, recycling group number four) is more flexible than stiff, cheap polypropylene (recycling group five), so it won’t crack as easily if you drop a loaded bin on the garage floor. It also won’t become brittle at freezing temperatures the way polypropylene does.
Each material has some advantages. Polypropylene can be made see-through, and it’s much more heat resistant — all the way up to boiling temperatures. LDPE is always tougher, but it gets very soft at temperatures above 110 degrees Fahrenheit and melts in boiling water. Our testers have seen far more polypropylene bins fail in long-term storage, especially in cold climates, but in a baking-hot attic, you’d want to be very careful about how much weight is stacked on an LDPE bin.
Latching lids – A flip-up latch will hold your bin closed even if you over-stuff it, which is handy for things like bulky sweaters and puffy blankets. If you put too much strain on latches, though, they’re prone to pop out of the mounting holes. Those holes also mean an entry point for moisture and insects.
A waterproof seal – If you just need a bin to shed rain, almost any will do: with one exception, the lids we tested to cover the edge of the bin, which means water will roll off without getting inside. A totally sealed lid (like our top pick) will also keep out humidity, though damp items can mildew quickly if you’re not careful about what you put in the bin.
Stackable designs – Nearly any bin can stand on top of another, but some designs are able to neatly mix and match small and large bins while creating a topple-resistant tower.
Single-size lids – If you’re building a collection of storage containers to fully organize your life, it can be handy to have bins with same-size openings. This usually means you can stack and nest different sizes as well as share lids between them. Usually, there will be at least two sizes in a series of containers with a common lid and footprint size, with the difference in volume made up by height.
What to Look for in a Plastic Storage Bin
“Pre-sort items you want to organize into categories for containment,” says Marci McAvoy, professional organizer and founder of Marci McAvoy Home Organization. After pre-sorting, consider the storage bin’s capacity. Measure what you need to store and the space where it will live.
“There’s nothing worse than buying a bunch of bins and getting home and realizing that your space is too narrow for the bin you chose, or maybe you didn’t realize that your shelves couldn’t be adjusted for height,” says McAvoy.
Plastic storage tubs list the capacity in quarts or gallons, and some may also include the weight limit. If you’re shopping online, you can get a sense of what a bin can hold by looking at both product photos and images posted by shoppers, which are often the most helpful.
Material and Design
Rigid plastic materials are less likely to buckle when filled with extremely heavy items. These are sometimes labeled as high-density bins. “A bin like this tends to be more expensive because it is really durable, keeps dust and critters out, and is airtight,” says McAvoy.
If you’re storing bins vertically, look for a stackable style (these usually have recessed lids), since this will help the bins stay stable and maximize your storage space from top to bottom. Note that some storage bins are narrower at the bottom and wider on top, so they can nest when they’re empty. This is a helpful feature, but if you are lining these up on shelves horizontally, you may have wasted space between them.
Lid Closure Type
Storage bin lids can be attached or removable. The attached lids might be on a single set of hinges, or they may split down the middle and interlock. When the lid is integrated into the design, you’re less likely to lose track of it, but McAvoy warns that sometimes these can break, rendering the entire bin unusable.
McAvoy prefers removable lids with side snaps and latches. If you live with small children, you might need to opt for more secure closures. If you love color-coding, consider lids that come in different colors. Others might opt for clear lids so they can easily see the contents.
When is the best time to buy plastic storage bins?
Plastic bins often go on sale in January or February, when retailers try to capitalize on customers’ resolutions to get organized. Containers in colors like red and green maybe even more deeply discounted at this time.
How should you label plastic storage bins?
There are almost as many labeling options as there are plastic containers. If you want flexibility, stick to erasable options such as removable chalkboard or whiteboard labels, and use either chalk paint or dry-erase markers. Label bin clips work well on the handles of open bins, and can also be used with dry-erase markers or Sharpies. Some people opt to simply write directly on clear bins, or buy pre-printed stickers. If you want your label to be permanent, use a marker like a Sharpie or an acrylic paint pen.
How can you hide plastic storage bins in your home?
If you’re looking to hide storage bins in your home, one option is to buy larger, more attractive containers made from materials like wood or rattan, and fit the plastic boxes inside. This works best for items you don’t need frequently. You could also use fabric, washi tape, drawer liner paper, spray paint, and stencils to decorate the exterior of plastic storage bins. If you really don’t want to see them, opt for under-bed storage containers.
Can you recycle plastic storage bins?
Check the number on the container as well as your area’s recycling rules. Many storage containers are made of polypropylene (labeled 5 or PP), and although this can be recycled, not all localities currently do this curbside, but some may accept them at transfer stations. You may be able to recycle polypropylene storage bins through a recycling company like TerraCycle. Try searching “specialty recycling company” and then the name of your town and state. Acrylic can be difficult to recycle, but some specialized facilities may accept it1. Products containing BPA cannot be recycled.2
If you can’t easily recycle your old bins, try posting them on a local swap group such as Buy Nothing or Freecycle, or using them for other home projects, such as building a terrarium or mini greenhouse. If they’re clean and in good condition, you can also donate them.
Last update on Saturday, June 25, 2022 - 18:27:58 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API