Consumers have been using storage boxes to organize nearly every part of their lives: In homes, on the farm, at warehouses, and even for travel. Over the years, many users have bought numerous brands and styles of storage containers for different applications. Some have served faithfully for decades in storage sheds, while some were only good for a year before cracking.
The best multi tool outlet box cutter can lead to smarter living in your home. With a functional aesthetic, storage bins can declutter and organize. To find the ideal multi tool outlet box cutter available, we conducted hours of research and evaluated product models on durability, size, type of plastic, closures, and price.
Top 10 Bestmulti tool outlet box cutter : Editor’s Choice
List of 10 Best multi tool outlet box cutter: Selected and Tested by Experts
1. GEESOM Square Slot Cutter, 2 Pcs Stainless Square Rectangle Slot Cutter, Socket Slot Cutter Carving One Step in Place for Oscillating Multi-Tools for Drywall, Plastic Metal, Wood (Rectangle + Square)
- EFFORT-SAVING DESIGN – Owing to the sharp serrated design, the square slot cutter becomes more stable and smoother. And the drywall outlet cutout can quickly and easily cut into single or double gang boxes, which ensures accurate cutting. The socket slot cutter also provides fast material removal, saving your time and effort for bending work
- SUPER SHARP AND DURABLE – The square slot cutter were well manufactured with exquisite and high-quality workmanship. Stainless blades of the socket slot cutter are sharp, strong, wear-resistant for a long-lasting time
- PRECISE CUTTING – The square slot cutter oscillating tool is designed to cut square hold. Our square slot cutter has two sizes for you to choose from square and rectangle. The slot cutter’s cutting surface is flat and smooth, which can help you accurately install low-voltage electrical boxes and sockets and no damage to the trim and wall
- SAFE GUARANTEE – Embedded cutting design of the outlet cutter oscillating tool, protecting you from sparks and drywall chips while working. The square cutter also avoids accidentally hurting yourself or others with the blade during the cutting process, making the operation much safer
- DESIGNED FOR OSCILLATING TOOLS – The universal interface system of the square slot cutter for electrical boxes is designed to be compatible with most industry-standard oscillating multi-tools in the market. Our square slot cutter drywall is a great solution for cutting plasterboard, wood and soft metal
2. AugTouf Oscillating Multi Tool Saw Blade for Single Gang Outlet Box,Multi-Tool Outlet Box Cutter for Drywall Outlet Cutout,Universal Electric Box Cutter
- The oscillating single gang blade is for drywall only,not in metal,wood or other materials.
- High carbon steel construction ensures stability and durability.
- Adapt with most oscillating tools in the market.
- If you are not fully satisfied for any reason, please feel free to contact us via Amazon for 100% refund or replacement.
Additional Info :
3. QBit SQ1000-S + SQ1000-D Saw Blade cut-in 1 & 2 gang Retrofit wall boxes Oscillating Tool Q-Bit
- Cuts-in Single and Double Gang Boxes Quickly and Effortlessly – eXact Cut Every Time
- 1 Gang Size: 2-3/8 x 3-3/4 — 2 Gang Size: 3-3/4″ x 4″ — Safe to use – won’t cut wires or you and simple to train techs
- Requires 18V,20V or Corded Oscillating Multi-Tool (some need an adapter) – Note: Will not work on 12V Systems
- High-Quality Stainless Steel Construction – American engineered and Made in the USA
- Note: Re-packages both blades into 1 clamshell
Additional Info :
4. Square Slot Cutter Rectangle Electric Box Cutter Single Gang Oscillating Drywall Outlet Cutout Stainless Steel Multi Tool Electrical Box Cutter (Black)
- 【Size】The rectangle slot cutter size is 9.5*6*3.8cm（3-3/4″ H x 2-3/8″ W x 1-1/2″ D）.They are very suitable for plastic, metal or low-voltage electrical box installation.
- 【Material】High quality stainless steel construction and laser cutting technology for durability and long life.
- 【Quickly and Effortlessly】Cut-in single and double gang boxes quickly and effortlessly. Four blades are cutting at the same time, fast and simple, and the cutting surface is very smooth and tidy.
- 【Use of Safe】The bits provide greater stability and less vibration during use.Compatible with most industry standard oscillating multi-tools in the market.
- 【Wide Compatibilit】Used for drilling, installation of the drawer door spherical tip, tip, slat wall boards, plastic products, wood, plywood, etc.
Additional Info :
5. Mempa Square Slot Cutter Square Rectangle Milling Cutter Carving Quickly for Plastic Metal or Low-Voltage Electrical Boxes(Square+Rectangle)
- 【QUICKLY and EFFORTLESSLY】:Insert single and double boxes quickly and easily. Four blades cut at the same time, fast and simple, and the cutting surface is very smooth and clean. The fine and clean cut makes the socket installation easier!When using, please gently shake and cut along with the oscillating multi-tool, do not press down hard.
- 【PRECISE CUTTING】: Precisely create a single gang size of 2-3/8” x 3-3/4” or double gang size of 3-3/4” x 4” in the drywall, perfect for plastic, metal or low-voltage electrical boxes mounting.(Note: The four corners of the product are split for better force)
- 【SUPER SHARP AND DURABLE】The square slot cutter were well manufactured with exquisite and high-quality workmanship. Stainless blades of the socket slot cutter are sharp, strong, wear-resistant for a long-lasting time
- 【SAFE GUARANTEE】Embedded cutting design of the outlet cutter oscillating tool, protecting you from sparks and drywall chips while working. The square cutter also avoids accidentally hurting yourself or others with the blade during the cutting process, making the operation much safer
- 【VARIOUS USES】: Make single or double rectangular holes in drywall for wall boxes such as high and low voltage tech, electrician, telephone, alarm/ security, CCTV/ IP camera, antenna, automation, home-theater including CEDIA members, HAVC, drywall contractor/ installer.
6. Jonard Tools EBC-400 Power Oscillating Multi-Tool Single Gang Electrical Wall Outlet Cutter
- QUICK & EASY: Cuts through drywall in seconds, making this the fastest and easiest tool to use for installing single gang electrical boxes
- PRECISION CUTTING: Creates a 2-3/8″ x 3-3/4″ hole in drywall, perfect for installing plastic, metal, or low voltage electrical boxes
- VERSATILE USE: Compatible with most industry-standard oscillating multi-tools
- HIGH DURABILITY: Constructed from stamped steel for long life and durability
- NOTE: For use with 18V, 20V or corded oscillating multi-tools. Does not work with 12V multi-tools.
Additional Info :
7. Electrical Box Cutout Saw for Oscillating Multitools, Drywall Cutting Tool for Single Gang Boxes, Drywall Cutter, Sheetrock & Drywall Cutout Tool, Drywall Outlet Cutout, Square Slot Cutter
- 🔩【Tips】Please don’t cut the cement wall, brick, hard metal. Requires 18V,20V Or Corded Oscillating Multi-Tool Will, Not Work On 12 Volt Systems
- 🔩【Quickly And Effortlessly 】Insert Single And Double Boxes Quickly And Easily. Four Blades Cut At The Same Time, Fast And Simple, And The Cutting Surface Is Very Smooth And Clean. The Fine And Clean Cut Makes The Socket Installation Easier.
- 🔩【Strong And Durable】High Quality Stainless Steel Construction And Laser Cutting Technology For Durability And Long Life
- 🔩【Widely Use】 Compatible With Most Industry Standard Oscillating Multi-Tools In The Market, Such As Dewalt, Dremel, Makita, Porter Cable, Ridgid, Rockwell, Fein Multimaster, Ryobi, Milwaukee, Chicago, Genesis, Craftsman, Starlock Etc.
- 🔩【Fast And Convenient Operation】Low Voltage Tools, Make Single Gang Or Double Gang Rectangular Holes In Drywall For Wall Boxes Such As High And Low Voltage Tech, Electrician, Telephone, Alarm/ Security, Cctv/ Ip Camera, Antenna, Automation, Home-Theater Including Cedia Members, Havc, Drywall Contractor/ Installer, Etc.
Additional Info :
8. Selaginella 2 pcs one Step in Place Stainless Steel Square Slot Cutter for Electrical Box Drywall Outlet Cutout Tool oscillating Square Blade for Drywall, Plastic Metal, Wood (Rectangle + Square)
- 【Efficient tool】：Quickly cut into single-row and double-row boxes, smooth and flat cutting surface, saving you a lot of time
- 【Durable】: made of high-quality stainless steel, strong and difficult to use, not easy to damage
- 【Compatibility】：Compatible with most industry standard oscillating multi-tools on the market.
- 【Usage Scenarios】：Accurately create a single-group size of 2-3/8” x 3-3/4” or a double-group size of 3-3/4” x 4” on the dry wall, which is very suitable for plastic, metal or low-voltage electrical Box installation.
- 【Warranty】: If you have any problems in the use, please contact us
Additional Info :
9. NOTOWOLF Square Slot Cutter 2 Pcs Socket Slot Cutter One Step in Place for Oscillating Multi-Tools Stainless Steel Square Rectangle Slot Cutter(Rectangle + Square)
- ✅【FAST CUTTING】This square rectangle slot cutter has sharp serrations and can cut the socket slot accurately and quickly. The cutting surface is smooth and tidy. It will help you accurately install low-voltage electrical boxes and sockets, no damage to the trim and wall.
- ✅【PRECISE CUTTING】NITOWOFT socket slot cutter are made with stainless steel, fine workmanship, wear-resistant, not easy to break. Make single gang or double gang rectangular holes in drywall for wall boxes such as high and low voltage tech, electrician, telephone etc.
- ✅【WIEDLY COMPATIBLE】This square slot cutter is compatible with most oscillating multi-tools, such as Dewalt, Makita, Porter Cable, Ridgid, Ryobi, Milwaukee, Craftsman etc. Two commonly used sizes can complete most of the slotting work.
- ✅【SAFETY USE】Embedded cutting design of the outlet cutter oscillating tool, protecting you from sparks and drywall chips while working. The square milling cutter also avoids accidentally hurting yourself with the blade during the cutting process, making the operation much safer.
- ✅【SUITABLE FOR CUTTING VARIETY MATERIALS】The slot cutter square can be used for cutting gypsum boards, but also for wood panel, blue bricks, and soft metals etc. Please don’t cut the cement wall. It is an indispensable tool for professional installers or families.
Additional Info :
10. QYLPNB 2 PCS Stainless Square Slot Cutter for plastic oscillating tool Saw Blade for Single Gang Outlet Box, Universal Multi tool Attachment
How to choose the best multi tool outlet box cutter: Important features to consider
Materials: Polyethylene vs. polypropylene – Low-density polyethylene (stamped on the bottom as LDPE, recycling group number four) is more flexible than stiff, cheap polypropylene (recycling group five), so it won’t crack as easily if you drop a loaded bin on the garage floor. It also won’t become brittle at freezing temperatures the way polypropylene does.
Each material has some advantages. Polypropylene can be made see-through, and it’s much more heat resistant — all the way up to boiling temperatures. LDPE is always tougher, but it gets very soft at temperatures above 110 degrees Fahrenheit and melts in boiling water. Our testers have seen far more polypropylene bins fail in long-term storage, especially in cold climates, but in a baking-hot attic, you’d want to be very careful about how much weight is stacked on an LDPE bin.
Latching lids – A flip-up latch will hold your bin closed even if you over-stuff it, which is handy for things like bulky sweaters and puffy blankets. If you put too much strain on latches, though, they’re prone to pop out of the mounting holes. Those holes also mean an entry point for moisture and insects.
A waterproof seal – If you just need a bin to shed rain, almost any will do: with one exception, the lids we tested to cover the edge of the bin, which means water will roll off without getting inside. A totally sealed lid (like our top pick) will also keep out humidity, though damp items can mildew quickly if you’re not careful about what you put in the bin.
Stackable designs – Nearly any bin can stand on top of another, but some designs are able to neatly mix and match small and large bins while creating a topple-resistant tower.
Single-size lids – If you’re building a collection of storage containers to fully organize your life, it can be handy to have bins with same-size openings. This usually means you can stack and nest different sizes as well as share lids between them. Usually, there will be at least two sizes in a series of containers with a common lid and footprint size, with the difference in volume made up by height.
What to Look for in a Plastic Storage Bin
“Pre-sort items you want to organize into categories for containment,” says Marci McAvoy, professional organizer and founder of Marci McAvoy Home Organization. After pre-sorting, consider the storage bin’s capacity. Measure what you need to store and the space where it will live.
“There’s nothing worse than buying a bunch of bins and getting home and realizing that your space is too narrow for the bin you chose, or maybe you didn’t realize that your shelves couldn’t be adjusted for height,” says McAvoy.
Plastic storage tubs list the capacity in quarts or gallons, and some may also include the weight limit. If you’re shopping online, you can get a sense of what a bin can hold by looking at both product photos and images posted by shoppers, which are often the most helpful.
Material and Design
Rigid plastic materials are less likely to buckle when filled with extremely heavy items. These are sometimes labeled as high-density bins. “A bin like this tends to be more expensive because it is really durable, keeps dust and critters out, and is airtight,” says McAvoy.
If you’re storing bins vertically, look for a stackable style (these usually have recessed lids), since this will help the bins stay stable and maximize your storage space from top to bottom. Note that some storage bins are narrower at the bottom and wider on top, so they can nest when they’re empty. This is a helpful feature, but if you are lining these up on shelves horizontally, you may have wasted space between them.
Lid Closure Type
Storage bin lids can be attached or removable. The attached lids might be on a single set of hinges, or they may split down the middle and interlock. When the lid is integrated into the design, you’re less likely to lose track of it, but McAvoy warns that sometimes these can break, rendering the entire bin unusable.
McAvoy prefers removable lids with side snaps and latches. If you live with small children, you might need to opt for more secure closures. If you love color-coding, consider lids that come in different colors. Others might opt for clear lids so they can easily see the contents.
When is the best time to buy plastic storage bins?
Plastic bins often go on sale in January or February, when retailers try to capitalize on customers’ resolutions to get organized. Containers in colors like red and green maybe even more deeply discounted at this time.
How should you label plastic storage bins?
There are almost as many labeling options as there are plastic containers. If you want flexibility, stick to erasable options such as removable chalkboard or whiteboard labels, and use either chalk paint or dry-erase markers. Label bin clips work well on the handles of open bins, and can also be used with dry-erase markers or Sharpies. Some people opt to simply write directly on clear bins, or buy pre-printed stickers. If you want your label to be permanent, use a marker like a Sharpie or an acrylic paint pen.
How can you hide plastic storage bins in your home?
If you’re looking to hide storage bins in your home, one option is to buy larger, more attractive containers made from materials like wood or rattan, and fit the plastic boxes inside. This works best for items you don’t need frequently. You could also use fabric, washi tape, drawer liner paper, spray paint, and stencils to decorate the exterior of plastic storage bins. If you really don’t want to see them, opt for under-bed storage containers.
Can you recycle plastic storage bins?
Check the number on the container as well as your area’s recycling rules. Many storage containers are made of polypropylene (labeled 5 or PP), and although this can be recycled, not all localities currently do this curbside, but some may accept them at transfer stations. You may be able to recycle polypropylene storage bins through a recycling company like TerraCycle. Try searching “specialty recycling company” and then the name of your town and state. Acrylic can be difficult to recycle, but some specialized facilities may accept it1. Products containing BPA cannot be recycled.2
If you can’t easily recycle your old bins, try posting them on a local swap group such as Buy Nothing or Freecycle, or using them for other home projects, such as building a terrarium or mini greenhouse. If they’re clean and in good condition, you can also donate them.
Last update on Monday, June 27, 2022 - 2:57:21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API