Consumers have been using storage boxes to organize nearly every part of their lives: In homes, on the farm, at warehouses, and even for travel. Over the years, many users have bought numerous brands and styles of storage containers for different applications. Some have served faithfully for decades in storage sheds, while some were only good for a year before cracking.
The best outdoor metal planter boxes can lead to smarter living in your home. With a functional aesthetic, storage bins can declutter and organize. To find the ideal outdoor metal planter boxes available, we conducted hours of research and evaluated product models on durability, size, type of plastic, closures, and price.
Top 10 Bestoutdoor metal planter boxes : Editor’s Choice
List of 10 Best outdoor metal planter boxes: Selected and Tested by Experts
1. Land Guard Galvanized Raised Garden Bed Kit, Galvanized Planter Raised Garden Boxes Outdoor, Oval Large Metal Raised Garden Beds for Vegetables……
- Each raised metal garden bed size: 4×2×1ft ,7.14Cu
- Upgraded quality and structure: raised garden beds outdoor are made of Q195 galvanized metal sheet, double-layer anti-corrosion galvanizing and oval structure design, which is more beautiful, can withstand greater pressure at the interface, is not easy to loose, and the interface will not Deformed and can be reused for many years.
- Easy to set up, this galvanized stock tank only takes about 5 minutes to easily assemble and continue planting plants.
- Open base: This planter raised garden bed metal galvanized is designed with an open base, which can effectively avoid water accumulation and decay, protect the roots of plants, and allow the roots to better absorb nutrients
- Double thickness: The average thickness of this galvanized planter galvanized sheet reaches 0.78mm, and the thickest part can reach 1.56mm, which is extremely stable. Compared with the ordinary rectangular elevated garden bed with a thickness of 0.3mm, it will be the right choice for you. buy it! ! !
Additional Info :
2. aboxoo Large Planter Raised Beds with Legs Outdoor Metal Planter Box on Wheels Elevated Garden Bed for Vegetables Flower Herb Patio (40″ L x 11″ W x 31.5″ H)
- 【Large Size】:Overall size approx: 40″L x 11″W x 31.5″H; Planting box size approx: 37″L x 10″W x 8″Depth;This raised garden bed provides ample growing space to raise vegetables, herbs, flowers or other potted plants
- 【Metal】:Made of stable galvanized steel raised garden bed with anti-rusty grey coating, not made of wood which may rot. It can place outside or indoor for long time use.
- 【Can grow vegetables】:Made of stable galvanized steel raised garden bed with anti-rusty grey coating, It can place outside or indoor for long time use. It is suitable for growing vegetables, fruits, and food, non-toxic and harmless.
- 【Ergonomic Design】:Elevated raised planter box with legs eliminates the need to bend over, making gardening convenient.Raised garden bed on wheels, move to anywhere you want.With clear installation guide attached, it takes less than 5 min to install this Planter Box .
- 【Grooved Design】:Compared to other products,our bottom is of the middle groove type. This will allow the plant’s seepage water to be discharged evenly inward from all directions,This design makes the irrigated area of each plant larger and more comprehensive
Additional Info :
3. KING BIRD Raised Garden Bed 68″x 36″x 12″ Galvanized Steel Metal Outdoor Garden Planter Box Kit with 8pcs T-Types Tag & 2 Pairs of Gloves (Grey) 6x3x1ft
- 【TWO YEARS WARRANTY】Update the newest assembly video in April. Show more details about installment, stability and convenience. The most wonderful design of KING BIRD raised garden bed is not only about the convenient and fast installation without tools, also for its smart design to vastly increase the loading ability and capacity. TWO YEARS WARRANTY for the whole planter raised beds.
- 【Extra-thick 2-Ply Reinforcement】 Double card frames on the two sides of sheet make the raised garden kits more durable and stable; never worry about its distorted or collapsed and it presents much more beautiful design.
- 【Multilayer Galvanized Paint】 Upgraded multilayer galvanized paint efficiently prevents rust and continues to beauty; also never worry about that rain damage the wood garden bed; galvanized steel garden bed provides a lasting use and no discoloration. No painting inside, no worries about the damage for plants.
- 【8pcs T-type Tags & 2 Gloves as Gift】 2 pairs of gloves provided to give you more convenience in installing outdoor garden boxes and comfort when working in the garden. 8pcs T-type Tags to help you to record the growth process of flower and vegetable.
- 【Vertical Stripe Updated Design】We combine the vertical stripe and the card holder design to improve the ability of galvanized raised garden beds in bearing the soil and make the raised bed more textured and beautiful. This can prolong the service time of the raised bed.
Additional Info :
4. DIY CARTEL Corten Steel Rectangular Planter Box | Modern Farmhouse Rustic Design | Outdoor Metal Trough Raised Garden Bed for Commercial & Residential Use (36in x 12in x 16in)
- HEAVY DUTY CORTEN STEEL: Our A606-4 Weathered Steel Planter Boxes are forged from premium quality raw metal. Industrial strength construction with precise manufacturing guarantees extreme durability and a lifetime of use.
- SIMPLE & EASY ASSEMBLY: Bolts and nuts included. Easy to read assembly instructions. The product arrives in raw corten steel (gun metal grey color) that develops a beautiful natural rust patina over time.
- MODERN FARMHOUSE DESIGN: Our forged rustic corten steel planter boxes will complement any style whether it’s farmhouse, rustic, vintage, or industrial. The minimalist yet modern raised design makes them the perfect addition to your home, porch, garden, deck, restaurant, or office.
- DIMENSIONS & DETAILS: 36-inches long x 12-inches wide x 16-inch tall. The bottom of the planter box has 2 drainage holes with optional plugs.
- 100% RISK FREE PURCHASE: It’s highly unlikely that you will not love the functionality and quality of your new Corten Steel Plant Box but we offer you a full refund or replacement if you aren’t completely satisfied.
Additional Info :
5. Giantex Raised Garden Bed, Elevated Planter, Metal Plant Box with Legs, Standing Garden Stand,Drainage Holes, Vegetables and Flowers Growing Container for Indoor and Outdoor Use (40″ Lx13 Wx31.5 H)
- Two Holes at the Bottom– There are two holes on the bottom which could used to let the plants breathe freely. And it could help plants to grow better and have healthy condition.
- Large Inside Space–This Giantex garden bed has spacious inside space , and could contain many plants, cost-effective and durable.
- Easy to Assemble– This product has straight forward illustrations and descriptions. Every screw and pin has its own code and easy to understand the assemble progress.
- Multifunctional Usage– This Giantex garden bed has multifunctional usage for plants, flowers and fresh herbs, vegetables and fruit. It could let you have your own small garden in backyard.
- Solid Construction– Thick steel panel and there is reinforced sustainment on the 4 corners, the frame follows the scientific principle, and has tough iron pipe frame, which makes this product more stable and solid.
Additional Info :
6. Raised Garden Beds Outdoor,Metal Planter Box for Vegetable Herbs,Raised Garden Bed Kit in Backyard Patio
- STABLE METAL CONSTRUCTION: Corrugated galvanized steel side panels of this raised garden boxes are attached to each corner brackets by four bolts. This sturdy construction is designed to stand up to the elements.
- OPEN BOTTOM DESIGN: The open bottom design of this metal outdoor planter box allows for good water drainage, the free movement of earthworms, and plant’s with larger root systems to grow freely.
- MATERIAL AND SIZE: This metal planter box is made of durable rustproof galvanized steel. The 34in x 34in x 12in. dimensions will provide enough space to grow your favorite plants, vegetables, flowers, fruits, herbs, and succulents.
- EASY ASSEMBLY: The raised planter bed for vegetable is easy to assemble, follow the instructions you can finish in a 15 minutes. All assembly accessories are included.
- ENJOYMENT: This outdoor raised garden bed kit provides a perfect micro environment to support plants suitable for your growing zone. A perfect way to teach kids how to raise flowers, herbs, or vegetables. This raised bed can be setup in a yard, cement patio, or any empty outdoor space.
Additional Info :
7. Best Choice Products 6x3x2ft Outdoor Metal Raised Garden Bed, Deep Root Box Planter for Vegetables, Flowers, Herbs, and Succulents w/ 269 Gallon Capacity – Gray
- 2FT GROWING DEPTH: 24 inches of depth holds up to 269 gallons of soil-great for medium to deep rooting plants and vegetables like broccoli, beans, and more. Note: This product does not include a bottom panel
- TOOL-FREE ASSEMBLY: Beveled steel panels come together with a set of included wingnuts and bolts with rubber edging for your added safety
- BUILT TO LAST: Made of powder-coated steel plates to keep your garden bed looking its best for years to come
- OPTIMAL COMPOST BED: An open base combined with the ribbed steel makes this the perfect space to layer yard waste, food scraps, and other additives to create enriched soil at home
- INNER STABILIZING BARS: Two steel support bars help the metal panels retain their shape, preventing warping and soil leakage over time; OVERALL DIMENSIONS: 72″(L) x 36″(W) x 24″(H)
Additional Info :
8. zizin Large Raised Garden Bed Kit 8x4x1FT Outdoor Galvanized Rustproof Bottomless Metal Planter Box for Vegetables, Beige
- Size: 8x4x1 ft, large plants, longer pot box, providing more growth space for more plants
- Structural optimization: the support structure of the column is improved, the cross bar is strengthened, the connection of the planting bed is consolidated, and the stability is greatly improved
- Easy assembly: updated and replaced screw specifications to prevent screw leakage, which can also be purchased in local shops nearby. Easy to assemble
- Strong and durable: the thickened and strengthened aluminum alloy material can easily support the pressure of the mound, prevent deformation and be durable
- Transparent bottom: provide a good drainage system to protect plants. You can choose any position to plant according to your needs
Additional Info :
9. GADI Raised Garden Bed Kit for Vegetables Flower Galvanized Metal Planter Boxs Designed for Easy DIY and Cleaning Not Twist Or Rot (Color A- Silver)
- More suitable raised garden bed size and Volume：67″L x 20″W x10″H， 7 Cu. Ft. You can cultivate plants, like vegetables, flowers, herbs in your patio, yard, garden, and greenhouse.
- BUILT TO LAST: The raised garden bed body made of steel plates galvanized layer, strong anti-rust performance to keep your garden bed looking its best for years to come.
- OPEN-BOTTOM GARDEN BED: Built with an open base to prevent water buildup and rot, while allowing roots easy access to nutrients.
- Side ventilation：Side ventilation can enhance the respiration of plant roots and facilitate the removal of excess water. Keep your plants healthy!
- Easy-to-assemble: This raised garden bed is designed in a simple but stable structure, which is very easy and quick to put together. Necessary hardware and instruction are included.
Additional Info :
10. DIIYIV Raised Garden Beds Outdoor Planter Box for Vegetables herb Patio Metal Garden Bed Kit,6X3X1 ft
- Size: 72″(L) x 36″(W) x 11.8″(H), provide sufficient space to grow vegetables, flowers or other plants
- Durable: made of metal, corner and frame are reinforced, more stable and durable, can be used for a long time
- Bottomless Frame: provide a good drainage effect, make the soil more permeable to protect the plant root, so the plants would grow better
- ECO-friendly: environmental protection coating will not pollute the soil, so plants will be safer and healthier
- Easy Assembly: can be easily assembled without additional tools
Additional Info :
How to choose the best outdoor metal planter boxes: Important features to consider
Materials: Polyethylene vs. polypropylene – Low-density polyethylene (stamped on the bottom as LDPE, recycling group number four) is more flexible than stiff, cheap polypropylene (recycling group five), so it won’t crack as easily if you drop a loaded bin on the garage floor. It also won’t become brittle at freezing temperatures the way polypropylene does.
Each material has some advantages. Polypropylene can be made see-through, and it’s much more heat resistant — all the way up to boiling temperatures. LDPE is always tougher, but it gets very soft at temperatures above 110 degrees Fahrenheit and melts in boiling water. Our testers have seen far more polypropylene bins fail in long-term storage, especially in cold climates, but in a baking-hot attic, you’d want to be very careful about how much weight is stacked on an LDPE bin.
Latching lids – A flip-up latch will hold your bin closed even if you over-stuff it, which is handy for things like bulky sweaters and puffy blankets. If you put too much strain on latches, though, they’re prone to pop out of the mounting holes. Those holes also mean an entry point for moisture and insects.
A waterproof seal – If you just need a bin to shed rain, almost any will do: with one exception, the lids we tested to cover the edge of the bin, which means water will roll off without getting inside. A totally sealed lid (like our top pick) will also keep out humidity, though damp items can mildew quickly if you’re not careful about what you put in the bin.
Stackable designs – Nearly any bin can stand on top of another, but some designs are able to neatly mix and match small and large bins while creating a topple-resistant tower.
Single-size lids – If you’re building a collection of storage containers to fully organize your life, it can be handy to have bins with same-size openings. This usually means you can stack and nest different sizes as well as share lids between them. Usually, there will be at least two sizes in a series of containers with a common lid and footprint size, with the difference in volume made up by height.
What to Look for in a Plastic Storage Bin
“Pre-sort items you want to organize into categories for containment,” says Marci McAvoy, professional organizer and founder of Marci McAvoy Home Organization. After pre-sorting, consider the storage bin’s capacity. Measure what you need to store and the space where it will live.
“There’s nothing worse than buying a bunch of bins and getting home and realizing that your space is too narrow for the bin you chose, or maybe you didn’t realize that your shelves couldn’t be adjusted for height,” says McAvoy.
Plastic storage tubs list the capacity in quarts or gallons, and some may also include the weight limit. If you’re shopping online, you can get a sense of what a bin can hold by looking at both product photos and images posted by shoppers, which are often the most helpful.
Material and Design
Rigid plastic materials are less likely to buckle when filled with extremely heavy items. These are sometimes labeled as high-density bins. “A bin like this tends to be more expensive because it is really durable, keeps dust and critters out, and is airtight,” says McAvoy.
If you’re storing bins vertically, look for a stackable style (these usually have recessed lids), since this will help the bins stay stable and maximize your storage space from top to bottom. Note that some storage bins are narrower at the bottom and wider on top, so they can nest when they’re empty. This is a helpful feature, but if you are lining these up on shelves horizontally, you may have wasted space between them.
Lid Closure Type
Storage bin lids can be attached or removable. The attached lids might be on a single set of hinges, or they may split down the middle and interlock. When the lid is integrated into the design, you’re less likely to lose track of it, but McAvoy warns that sometimes these can break, rendering the entire bin unusable.
McAvoy prefers removable lids with side snaps and latches. If you live with small children, you might need to opt for more secure closures. If you love color-coding, consider lids that come in different colors. Others might opt for clear lids so they can easily see the contents.
When is the best time to buy plastic storage bins?
Plastic bins often go on sale in January or February, when retailers try to capitalize on customers’ resolutions to get organized. Containers in colors like red and green maybe even more deeply discounted at this time.
How should you label plastic storage bins?
There are almost as many labeling options as there are plastic containers. If you want flexibility, stick to erasable options such as removable chalkboard or whiteboard labels, and use either chalk paint or dry-erase markers. Label bin clips work well on the handles of open bins, and can also be used with dry-erase markers or Sharpies. Some people opt to simply write directly on clear bins, or buy pre-printed stickers. If you want your label to be permanent, use a marker like a Sharpie or an acrylic paint pen.
How can you hide plastic storage bins in your home?
If you’re looking to hide storage bins in your home, one option is to buy larger, more attractive containers made from materials like wood or rattan, and fit the plastic boxes inside. This works best for items you don’t need frequently. You could also use fabric, washi tape, drawer liner paper, spray paint, and stencils to decorate the exterior of plastic storage bins. If you really don’t want to see them, opt for under-bed storage containers.
Can you recycle plastic storage bins?
Check the number on the container as well as your area’s recycling rules. Many storage containers are made of polypropylene (labeled 5 or PP), and although this can be recycled, not all localities currently do this curbside, but some may accept them at transfer stations. You may be able to recycle polypropylene storage bins through a recycling company like TerraCycle. Try searching “specialty recycling company” and then the name of your town and state. Acrylic can be difficult to recycle, but some specialized facilities may accept it1. Products containing BPA cannot be recycled.2
If you can’t easily recycle your old bins, try posting them on a local swap group such as Buy Nothing or Freecycle, or using them for other home projects, such as building a terrarium or mini greenhouse. If they’re clean and in good condition, you can also donate them.
Last update on Monday, June 27, 2022 - 12:17:21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API