Consumers have been using storage boxes to organize nearly every part of their lives: In homes, on the farm, at warehouses, and even for travel. Over the years, many users have bought numerous brands and styles of storage containers for different applications. Some have served faithfully for decades in storage sheds, while some were only good for a year before cracking.
The best outdoor raised planter boxes can lead to smarter living in your home. With a functional aesthetic, storage bins can declutter and organize. To find the ideal outdoor raised planter boxes available, we conducted hours of research and evaluated product models on durability, size, type of plastic, closures, and price.
Top 10 Bestoutdoor raised planter boxes : Editor’s Choice
List of 10 Best outdoor raised planter boxes: Selected and Tested by Experts
1. Land Guard Galvanized Raised Garden Bed Kit, Galvanized Planter Raised Garden Boxes Outdoor, Oval Large Metal Raised Garden Beds for Vegetables……
- Each raised metal garden bed size: 4×2×1ft ,7.14Cu
- Upgraded quality and structure: raised garden beds outdoor are made of Q195 galvanized metal sheet, double-layer anti-corrosion galvanizing and oval structure design, which is more beautiful, can withstand greater pressure at the interface, is not easy to loose, and the interface will not Deformed and can be reused for many years.
- Easy to set up, this galvanized stock tank only takes about 5 minutes to easily assemble and continue planting plants.
- Open base: This planter raised garden bed metal galvanized is designed with an open base, which can effectively avoid water accumulation and decay, protect the roots of plants, and allow the roots to better absorb nutrients
- Double thickness: The average thickness of this galvanized planter galvanized sheet reaches 0.78mm, and the thickest part can reach 1.56mm, which is extremely stable. Compared with the ordinary rectangular elevated garden bed with a thickness of 0.3mm, it will be the right choice for you. buy it! ! !
Additional Info :
2. FOYUEE Raised Planter Box with Legs Outdoor Elevated Garden Bed On Wheels for Vegetables Flower Herb Patio
- SIZE: 40-1/2″ L x 15-1/2″ W x 31-1/2″ H overall, planting box: 37-1/2″ L x 15-1/2″ W x 8″ deep, holds about 2.5 cubic feet soil, provide ample growing space to raise vegetables, herbs, flowers and plants
- ERGONOMIC: Elevated raised planter box with legs eliminates the need to bend over, making gardening convenient. Raised garden bed on wheels, move to anywhere you want, with handy shelf holds accessories or tools
- METAL: Made of stable galvanized steel raised garden bed with anti-rusty grey coating, not made of wood which may rot. It can place outside or indoor for long time use
- DRAINAGE: In the middle of the cart is a drainage hole and drainage line to prevent waterlogging, planter can planted directly in the bed
- EASY SETUP: Space saving standing planter only need about 5min and easy to put it together, go ahead to raise the plants
Additional Info :
3. Best Choice Products 48x24x30in Raised Garden Bed, Elevated Wood Planter Box Stand for Backyard, Patio, Balcony w/Bed Liner, 200lb Capacity
- LARGE PLANTING SPACE: Designed with a long bed space (SKY2383 5 CuFt/ SKY6377 2.65 CuFT) deep enough to provide your plants and vegetables with ample room to breathe and grow healthy
- PROPER DRAINAGE: Allows excess water to drain out, keeping soil fresh and protecting plants from waterlogging or mineral buildup
- ALL-WOOD CONSTRUCTION: Naturally durable Chinese fir wood provides a water- and weather-resistant structure that discourage warps and sagging over time
- ERGONOMIC HEIGHT: The 30-inch tall design reduces excessive bending and kneeling to help preserve your back and knees as you tend to your balcony, deck, or patio garden
- RAISED GARDEN BED LINER: Separates wood from the soil, keeping the wooden garden planter in excellent condition and discouraging weeds and animals from interfering with plant growth; (Note: Only available for SKY2383 & SKY6377); OVERALL DIMENSIONS: 48.5″(L) x 23″(W) x 30″(H); Weight Capacity: 200 lbs.
Additional Info :
4. Raised Garden Bed with Legs, Ohuhu Elevated Wood Planter Box with Storage Shelf & Bed Liner, 35x16x32 Inch Raised Beds Outdoor Indoor Planters Stand for Vegetables Flowers Herbs Backyard Patio Balcony
- Premium Craftsmanship: Made of natural wood, the Ohuhu Elevated Wood Planter is non-paint, solid and durable, providing adequate space for your plants as well as vegetables and keeping out the hassle of weeds and pets!
- Ultimate User-friendly: Go easy on your back and knees! Measured 82cm/32” high, this raised garden bed allows you to have a comfortable gardening experience without bending your knees and lower back!
- Drainage Gaps: Too much water in the soil makes your planting go south! That’s why we’ve crafted our planter with drainage gaps to prevent your plants from getting waterlogged or rotten and keep the soil fresh without excessive mineral buildup.
- Bonus Non-woven Liner: Keep your planter in tip-top shape! Thanks to the included non-woven liner, the soil and the wooden frame are separated, making the wood planter free of erosion and last effortlessly for years to come!
- Two-layer Design: Two is better than one! Coming with 2 layers, this double-layer planter can hold your plants and your garden tools as well, keeping your yard, garden, greenhouse nice and tidy.
Additional Info :
5. Raised Garden Bed, ToteBox Wood Planter Box, Elevated Raised Bed Garden Kit with Legs for Flower Herb Vegetables Growing in Outdoor Indoor Patio Balcony Garden, 37.4″ x 11.8″ x 35.4″
- 【Quality Natural Material】ToteBox planter raised bed is made of 100% natural pine wood, no paint or harmful chemical additives, friendly to the environment and safe for growing edible plants; you’re investing in a solid & durable wood that’s a naturally good insulator, keeping the soil warm within, which encourages healthy root growth and creates strong & leafy plants.
- 【Versatile Storage Shelf】The storage shelf included at the bottom must be a good helper to conveniently place the gardening tools, kits, even potted plants; the side fences can prevent things from falling off, also increases the aesthetics.
- 【Designed for Drainage】Our planter boxes are designed with gaps between the floorboards, helping to drain excess water, keeping soil fresh and preventing plants from overwatering.
- 【Perfect Everywhere】A perfect container for flowers, vegetables, herbs, shrubs, or small trees. A fitting piece to decorate your yard, garden, balcony, or porch, ideal for outdoor and indoor usage. It will adds a new hint of beauty to any part of your home!
- 【Sturdy Construction & Easy Assembly】Thick, solid wood guarantees this garden box is able to bear up to 165 lbs; dimensions: 37.5”L x11.8”W x35.4”H; 7.9” depth allows to add more nutritious soil for longer growing periods and a better environment for your plants; the illustrated instructions ensure easy installation. For this product, we provide 12 months warranty, any problems, please feel free to contact us, we will follow up within 12 hours.
Additional Info :
6. LEMONDA Raised Garden Bed,Elevated Galvanized Steel Planter Box with Legs,Standing Planter Container for Outdoor Patio Flower Fruit Herb Vegetable Growing
- Ergonomic: Elevated raised planter box with supporting legs don’t need to bend over for easy convenient gardening, quite suitable for those who don’t want or can’t bend down to do gardening.
- Large Inside Space: This Lemonda gardening bed provides ample growing space, 6 inch deep enough to raise your plants herbs, flowers and vegetables to breathe and grow healthy. Overall Size(LxWxH): 60x27x45 cm / 23.62×10.63×17.72 inch. Planting Box(LxWxH): 60x27x15 cm / 23.62×10.63×5.91 inch
- Drainage: There are 3 holes on the bottom which allows excess water to drain out, could keep soil fresh and prevent waterlogging, used to help plants breathe freely, make healthy condition and grow better.
- Solid Construction: Made of stable galvanized steel with anti-rusty coating, reinforced sustainment on the 4 corners, very durable and solid, unlike wood which may rot. It can be placed outdoors or indoors for long time use.
- Versatile Design: Multifunctional planting stand, can be used for plants, flowers, fresh herbs, vegetables and fruit. Adds decor to any part of your home, you’ll have your own small garden in backyard. Perfect for placing on the balcony, patio, porch and deck.
Additional Info :
7. Cedar Raised Planter Box with Legs – Elevated Wood Raised Garden Bed Kit – Grow Herbs and Vegetables Outdoors – Naturally Rot-Resistant – Unmatched Strength Lasts Years (4×2) by Boldly Growing
- NATURAL, UNFINISHED WOOD: Product looks great as-is, or finish planter box to your own liking
- STURDY HEAVY-DUTY DESIGN: This beautiful elevated garden bench planter is sturdier than any of the competition and is the perfect addition to any space
- STRONG, ROT-RESISTANT YELLOW CEDAR: Easily supports the weight of soil, water, and plants without breaking! Makes an excellent herb planter
- PRODUCT DIMENSIONS: 48” (L) by 24” (W) x 33” (H) and holds 5 cubic feet of soil total
- 1 YEAR WARRANTY: To ensure your satisfaction and the product’s performance there is a manufacturer’s warranty on the product for one year. This warranty offers a full replacement or refund if your planter fails while in use. It does not cover aging and weathering over time or cracks in the wood, as these are to be expected with all unfinished planters.
Additional Info :
8. Raised Garden Bed with Legs 17″ H Elevated Planter Box, Plastic Raised Beds for Gardening Vegetables Herb Flower Plants, Perfect for Indoor Outdoor Planting, 2 Sets
- ✔ SIZE: Each planter raised bed with legs measures 15.7”(W) x 15.7”(D) x 17”(H), taller than other plastic or metal garden boxes, providing ample growing space for indoor & outdoor plants, defending against pests.
- ✔ VERSATILE PLANTER: Comes in 2 sets (each set has 4 legs), the flower bed kit can be set up in various pattern, suitable for planting or displaying at home, restaurant, cafe or outdoor in patio, garden, balcony etc.
- ✔ EASY GARDENING: The self-watering design can store some water to avoid plants over-drying when forget watering for some time. Drainage hole will effectively drain out excess water, prevent root from decay.
- ✔ EASY TO ASSEMBLE: With instruction included, it needs only 5min to put the raised garden bed together. Planter box won’t fall apart after making sure each column in its place. Rubber cap attached will protect your floor or deck.
- ✔ PREMIUM QUALITY: Made of reinforced PP material, the elevated planter box is anti-rust, sturdy, durable & long time serving. Gifted tool kit is very useful for gardening. MAYOLIAH provides reliable after-sales service, all concerns will be responded properly in 24hrs.
Additional Info :
9. Yaheetech Wooden Raised Garden Bed Divisible Elevated Planting Planter Box for Flowers/Vegetables/Herbs in Backyard/Patio Outdoor Natural Wood 97 x 25 x 11in
- Multifunctional: This garden bed planter is separated into two growing area for different plants or planting methods. The baffle can be removed to create a bigger growing area if needed. You can get several garden beds to design and build your own dream garden.
- Useful & practical: With this helpful planter, you can cultivate plants like vegetable, flowers, or herbs in your patio, yard, garden and greenhouse, making them more convenient to manage. Yaheetech large raised garden bed provides ample growing space for your plants.
- Simple assembly: This divisible garden bed is built in a simple yet stable structure by heavy duty screws, which is very easy and quick to set up. The accessories and instruction are included.
- Low maintenance required: Our high-quality garden bed planter is built to last for years without much care and maintenance.
- A single piece of side plate: Comparing to other planting beds that have several small pieces of wooden plates at the side, our planting raised bed has a piece of complete side plate at each side of the garden bed. It is fixed firmly without leakage of soil. The whole structure is very stable, and the installation is very easy.
Additional Info :
10. Patiomore 8 Feet Outdoor Wooden Garden Bed Planter Box Kit for Vegetables Fruits Herb Grow Yard Gardening, Natural
- Partition Design for Classification Planting – This garden box is divided into two growing areas by the middle crossbar for different vegetables, flowers, fruits or plants. Also, it can be removed easily if need more space to grow.
- 100% Natural Solid Fir Wood Garden Box – Use completely natural fir to this garden bed, no chemical additives added, which is very environmentally friendly and harmless to human body.
- Stable and Durable – This solid fir wood ensures the durability and solidness of the planter box, which is stable and durable enough to strongly support the weight from the planter raised garden bed itself, soil and plant, ideal for all years’ use.
- Beautiful Look and Practical Use – This outdoor planter boxes can be placed not only at patios, porches, decks, or garden. It features nice looking and practical function. Not only can it serve as a decorative work but also fully plays its practical role.
- Easy Assembly – Hardware and assembly manual are included. Specific assembly steps are clearly shown. If any questions kindly contact us to help you immediately!
Additional Info :
How to choose the best outdoor raised planter boxes: Important features to consider
Materials: Polyethylene vs. polypropylene – Low-density polyethylene (stamped on the bottom as LDPE, recycling group number four) is more flexible than stiff, cheap polypropylene (recycling group five), so it won’t crack as easily if you drop a loaded bin on the garage floor. It also won’t become brittle at freezing temperatures the way polypropylene does.
Each material has some advantages. Polypropylene can be made see-through, and it’s much more heat resistant — all the way up to boiling temperatures. LDPE is always tougher, but it gets very soft at temperatures above 110 degrees Fahrenheit and melts in boiling water. Our testers have seen far more polypropylene bins fail in long-term storage, especially in cold climates, but in a baking-hot attic, you’d want to be very careful about how much weight is stacked on an LDPE bin.
Latching lids – A flip-up latch will hold your bin closed even if you over-stuff it, which is handy for things like bulky sweaters and puffy blankets. If you put too much strain on latches, though, they’re prone to pop out of the mounting holes. Those holes also mean an entry point for moisture and insects.
A waterproof seal – If you just need a bin to shed rain, almost any will do: with one exception, the lids we tested to cover the edge of the bin, which means water will roll off without getting inside. A totally sealed lid (like our top pick) will also keep out humidity, though damp items can mildew quickly if you’re not careful about what you put in the bin.
Stackable designs – Nearly any bin can stand on top of another, but some designs are able to neatly mix and match small and large bins while creating a topple-resistant tower.
Single-size lids – If you’re building a collection of storage containers to fully organize your life, it can be handy to have bins with same-size openings. This usually means you can stack and nest different sizes as well as share lids between them. Usually, there will be at least two sizes in a series of containers with a common lid and footprint size, with the difference in volume made up by height.
What to Look for in a Plastic Storage Bin
“Pre-sort items you want to organize into categories for containment,” says Marci McAvoy, professional organizer and founder of Marci McAvoy Home Organization. After pre-sorting, consider the storage bin’s capacity. Measure what you need to store and the space where it will live.
“There’s nothing worse than buying a bunch of bins and getting home and realizing that your space is too narrow for the bin you chose, or maybe you didn’t realize that your shelves couldn’t be adjusted for height,” says McAvoy.
Plastic storage tubs list the capacity in quarts or gallons, and some may also include the weight limit. If you’re shopping online, you can get a sense of what a bin can hold by looking at both product photos and images posted by shoppers, which are often the most helpful.
Material and Design
Rigid plastic materials are less likely to buckle when filled with extremely heavy items. These are sometimes labeled as high-density bins. “A bin like this tends to be more expensive because it is really durable, keeps dust and critters out, and is airtight,” says McAvoy.
If you’re storing bins vertically, look for a stackable style (these usually have recessed lids), since this will help the bins stay stable and maximize your storage space from top to bottom. Note that some storage bins are narrower at the bottom and wider on top, so they can nest when they’re empty. This is a helpful feature, but if you are lining these up on shelves horizontally, you may have wasted space between them.
Lid Closure Type
Storage bin lids can be attached or removable. The attached lids might be on a single set of hinges, or they may split down the middle and interlock. When the lid is integrated into the design, you’re less likely to lose track of it, but McAvoy warns that sometimes these can break, rendering the entire bin unusable.
McAvoy prefers removable lids with side snaps and latches. If you live with small children, you might need to opt for more secure closures. If you love color-coding, consider lids that come in different colors. Others might opt for clear lids so they can easily see the contents.
When is the best time to buy plastic storage bins?
Plastic bins often go on sale in January or February, when retailers try to capitalize on customers’ resolutions to get organized. Containers in colors like red and green maybe even more deeply discounted at this time.
How should you label plastic storage bins?
There are almost as many labeling options as there are plastic containers. If you want flexibility, stick to erasable options such as removable chalkboard or whiteboard labels, and use either chalk paint or dry-erase markers. Label bin clips work well on the handles of open bins, and can also be used with dry-erase markers or Sharpies. Some people opt to simply write directly on clear bins, or buy pre-printed stickers. If you want your label to be permanent, use a marker like a Sharpie or an acrylic paint pen.
How can you hide plastic storage bins in your home?
If you’re looking to hide storage bins in your home, one option is to buy larger, more attractive containers made from materials like wood or rattan, and fit the plastic boxes inside. This works best for items you don’t need frequently. You could also use fabric, washi tape, drawer liner paper, spray paint, and stencils to decorate the exterior of plastic storage bins. If you really don’t want to see them, opt for under-bed storage containers.
Can you recycle plastic storage bins?
Check the number on the container as well as your area’s recycling rules. Many storage containers are made of polypropylene (labeled 5 or PP), and although this can be recycled, not all localities currently do this curbside, but some may accept them at transfer stations. You may be able to recycle polypropylene storage bins through a recycling company like TerraCycle. Try searching “specialty recycling company” and then the name of your town and state. Acrylic can be difficult to recycle, but some specialized facilities may accept it1. Products containing BPA cannot be recycled.2
If you can’t easily recycle your old bins, try posting them on a local swap group such as Buy Nothing or Freecycle, or using them for other home projects, such as building a terrarium or mini greenhouse. If they’re clean and in good condition, you can also donate them.
Last update on Tuesday, June 28, 2022 - 5:09:15 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API