Consumers have been using storage boxes to organize nearly every part of their lives: In homes, on the farm, at warehouses, and even for travel. Over the years, many users have bought numerous brands and styles of storage containers for different applications. Some have served faithfully for decades in storage sheds, while some were only good for a year before cracking.
The best outdoor waterproof electrical box can lead to smarter living in your home. With a functional aesthetic, storage bins can declutter and organize. To find the ideal outdoor waterproof electrical box available, we conducted hours of research and evaluated product models on durability, size, type of plastic, closures, and price.
Top 10 Bestoutdoor waterproof electrical box : Editor’s Choice
List of 10 Best outdoor waterproof electrical box: Selected and Tested by Experts
1. SockitBox – The Original Weatherproof Connection Box – Indoor & Outdoor Electrical Power Cord Enclosure for Timers, Extension Cables, Transformers, Power Strips, Lights, Tools & More – Medium – Black
- SUPERIOR ELECTRICAL SAFETY – IP55 Rated Indoor & Outdoor Waterproof Power Cord Connection Box Helps Keep All Your Home Electrical Equipment Safe & Dry
- PATENTED WEATHERPROOF DESIGN – Size Medium is Perfect for Protecting Power Strips, Surge Protectors, Plug-In Timers, Extension Cords & Other Multi-Socket Gear
- PORTABLE & EASY TO USE – No Permanent Installation Required! The Innovative Interlocking Lid Opens Easily & Molds Tightly Around Power Cords When Closed
- HEAVY DUTY CONSTRUCTION – Features a Super Thick, Durable Plastic Body & Silicone Weatherproof Seal, Gasket & Molding Blocks for a Lifetime of Protection
- ENDLESS POSSIBILITIES – Ideal Choice for a Wide Range of Lawn & Garden Applications Including Holiday & Landscape Lights, Fountains, Power Tools, Etc.
Additional Info :
2. MIGRO Electrical Weatherproof Outdoor Junction Box, Plastic Weatherproof Outdoor Electrical Enclosure Box, Dustproof, Watertight, Heavy-Duty, 9.4 x 9.2 x 4.1 Inches (Exterior)
- Outdoor Storage of Electronics
- Heavy Duty, Weather Proof Thermo-Plastic Alloy
- Continuous horizontal and vertical bosses provide a plethora of mounting options
- Cable retention slots allow you to work outside the enclosure.
- Quick Mount Rail – Any True Flex component snaps in without hardware
- Interior Dimensions: 8.2 x 8.4 x 3.2
Additional Info :
3. RESTMO IP54 Extra Large Outdoor Waterproof Box w/ 6 Cable Seal Entry, Bundle w/ 4 Small Weatherproof Extension Cord Safety Cover, Protect Power Strip, Timer Outlet Plug, Christmas Decoration, Black
- UPGRADED DESIGN: This extra-large outdoor waterproof box features with large dimension and 6 cable entry ports, which allows almost all of your outdoor electrical device connections to be protected together. The 4 lockable latches and soft rubber seals make the box IP54 waterproof.
- WIDE COMPATIBILITY: This outdoor electrical box dimensions are 12.5 x 8.5 x 5 inches, which can protect your power strip, timer outlet, bulky adapter and more outdoor/indoor electrical connections. The 6 cable seal ports can allow maximum 6 cords input/output. Each port is compatible with AWG12/14/16 cord, flat cable and braided wire.
- HEAVY DUTY & WEATHERPROOF: Constructed with industrial grade material, highly durable and UV resistant, great to use in outdoor harsh environment and resist water, snow, rain, dust, dirt. Ideal to protect outdoor extension cord, LED string light, landscape lighting, pool pump, garden power tool, fountain, Christmas and other holiday decorations.
- EASY TO USE: Simply pull or push the 4 latches to open or close the box. Place your power connections and clip the cord with the clamps. To mount the box on the wall, use the 2 keyholes on the back side.
- ONE FOR ALL: The package includes 1 extra-large outdoor electrical box, 4 small outdoor plug cover, 10 cable tie and 1 adhesive tape. Buy this holiday selection bundle to protect all of your holiday lighting decorations.
Additional Info :
4. Sealproof 1-Gang Weatherproof Exterior In Use Outlet Cover and Box Kit – Metallic Electrical Outlet Box and UL Extra Duty, Lockable, In Use Outdoor Outlet Cover – Horizontal/Vertical Use
- Kit includes gasket and mounting hardware, closure plugs and self threading ground screws.
- Bubble Cover has a Patented Multi-Configuration Design: Gang can be used horizontally or vertically, with up to 18 configurations, wheter GFCI, Duplex, Switch, or Round.
- Outlet Cover is made of durable polycarbonate construction, lockable and easy to install, and fits full size padlock. Outlet Box is constructed of heavy duty die-cast aluminum with a weatherproof powdercoat finish to protect it from the elements. Keeps rain and dirt from disrupting any electrical circuit.
- Outlet Box has Three (3) 1/2 Inch Outlet Holes. Heavy duty die-cast aluminum construction with a weatherproof powdercoat finish to protect it from the elements. Keeps rain and dirt from disrupting any electrical circuit.UL Listed. While-in-use bubble cover is UL Extra Duty Compliant (for Wet Locations, National Electrical Code 406.9 (B)(1)). NEC Compliant, UL File No. E362580
- Outlet box is 2-Inch Deep. Outlet Cover is 3-1/4″ deep.Outlet Box has Three (3) 1/2 Inch Outlet Holes. Heavy duty die-cast aluminum construction with a weatherproof powdercoat finish to protect it from the elements. Keeps rain and dirt from disrupting any electrical circuit.
Additional Info :
|Color||Clear w/ Box|
5. Gratury Junction Box, Hinged Cover Stainless Steel Latch IP67 Waterproof Plastic Enclosure for Electrical Project Includes Mounting Plate and Wall Bracket 290×190×140mm (11.4″×7.5″×5.5″)
- Weatherproof & waterproof designed enclosure box, suitable for harsh outdoor environments or indoor industrial applications
- Includes a mounting panel for easy installing PCB board, terminal or any other electrical components which need to be fixed on
- Simple hinged cover, easy open and close, stainless steel latches can keep a good watertight
- High-grade ABS material, lightweight and sturdy, cable outlets can be easily drilled
- Safety lockable design to prevent un-authorized openings
Additional Info :
6. LemonBest 2pcs Waterproof Outdoor External 2 Way PG9 Electrical Junction Box Underground Cable Line Wires Power Cord Connector Protection
- IP65 Waterproof, it can be installed horizontal and vertical as external junction box to hide electrical connections around your home and any property.
- The junction box can easily be installed under the ground. Gives you full protection of the Cable Line.
- Made of high quality plastic, it will not crack or fade in Sunlight, durable for years use.
- It is used to install outdoor lamps and lanterns connection, wiring is easy to operate, more convenient and safer.
- Available in 2 way. Terminal Block Current: 17.5A; Terminal Block Voltage: AC 450V. If you want only 1 pack, please refer to ASIN B01IQUQF3Q
Additional Info :
7. Flemoon Large Outdoor Electrical Box (12.5 x 8.5 x 5 inch), IP54 Waterproof Outdoor Extension Cord Cover Weatherproof, Protect Outlet, Plug, Socket, Timer, Power Strip, Holiday Light Decoration, Black
- Designed to keep outdoor temporary cord connection secure and protected. Features with large size (12.5 x 8.5 x 5 inch) and 6 cable entry ports (front*4 + side*2), it is one-stop solution to protect outdoor power strip, timer outlet plug, extension cord, large adapter and most of other electrical connections.
- With the 4 clips, top lid, and rubber gaskets, this outdoor extension cord cover box is IP54 waterproof. Perfect to seal 12/14/16 gauge cord, braided cable and flat wire.
- Made with heavy-duty reinforced PP material to withstand rain, snow, water, dust, dirt and more, continuously protecting outdoor connections from electrical hazard.
- Easy to use, place the connection into the safety seal enclosure and clip the cord with the clamps. Simple to hang the box on any walls with the dual mounting holes.
- Ideal for a wide range of outdoor & indoor applications including lawn and garden power tools, Christmas holiday lighting, landscape decorations, pool pumps, fountains, fish ponds, patio heaters, air conditioners, security cameras and more.
Additional Info :
8. DEWENWILS Extension Cord Connection Box, Outdoor Plug Cover for Electrical Connections, Ideal for Extension Cords, Timers, Power Strips, Power Tools, Holiday and Landscape Lights, Black
- 【WEATHER-RESISTANT CONNECTION】 This weatherproof extension cord connection box provides a watertight sealed space to protect outdoor & indoor plug connections from the elements like water, snow, rain, dust, and dirt to ensure circuit safety ( Note: It is just water-resistant. Do not submerse it in water)
- 【FITS 12/14/16 GAUGE Extension Cord】 Ample housing can accommodate a power strip with up to 6 outlets; fits up to 12 gauge extension cord and flat cable(not included); 5 cord holes feed multiple cords connections; 2 unopened optional drain holes are available to fit larger gauge cords or drain the water
- 【FIRM AND TIGHT CONNECTION】Rubber seals at every wire slot conform well to the power cord; inside cable retention clamps hold the extension cords tightly in place to prevent the plugs from sliding or disconnecting even if tug the cords in uses
- 【BUILT TO LAST】 Made of heavy-duty plastic to ensure that the waterproof outlet box is sturdy enough to withstand different weather; IP54 water-resistant plastic enclosure and rubber gasket around the lid secure it weather tight; manage your cord to keep the area clean and neat
- 【EASY TO USE】 It is mountable by 4 direct mounting holes and 2 keyhole mounting slots; One large latch allows you to lock the outdoor cord cover box to protect your devices from loss and accidentally opened; ideal for pool pump, timer, pet heaters, holiday and landscape lighting, power tools and garden tools
Additional Info :
9. RESTMO Outdoor IP44 Waterproof Connection Box, Weatherproof Electrical Extension Cord Cover, Safety Seal Enclosure to Protect Holiday Decorations, LED Strip Light, Power Tool, Fountain, Black
- Electrical Connection Box: Creates a watertight sealing space, keeps outdoor electrical connection dry and safety, ideal to protect outdoor landscape lighting, pool pump, power tool, fountain, Christmas decorations and other devices.
- Wide Use: Compatible with straight and right-angle plugs, as well as most of bulky adapters, easy to seal AWG12-14-16 extension cord and flat cable.
- Water & Dust Resistant: IP44 waterproof, protect against water, snow, rain, dust, dirt, and more.
- Heavy Duty & Weatherproof: Constructed with industrial grade plastic, highly durable and UV resistant, withstand hard impacts and heavy force, great for outdoor harsh environment.
- Easy to Use: No installation required, easily open with top lid and 4 snap joints, place the connection and cord properly, lock and seal.
Additional Info :
10. QILIPSU Hinged Cover Stainless Steel Latch 220x170x110mm Junction Box with Mounting Plate, Universal IP67 Project Box Waterproof DIY Electrical Enclosure, ABS Plastic Grey (8.6″x6.7″x4.3″)
- 「SUPERIOR DURABLE」- Made of high-quality ABS material which offers outstanding impact resistant and electrical insulation, can keep your equipment well-protected in harsh environments.
- 「IP67 GRADE」- Waterproof & weather designed, effectively block splashing water, rain, dust, snow, oil, UV, etc., can be widely used for both indoor and outdoor applications.
- 「MOUNTING PLATE INCLUDED」- The plate provides grid mounting position, can easily install kinds of equipment on it directly to save your time.
- 「EASY FOR DIY」- This sturdy box can be drilled and shaped easily without cracking, so it’s also suitable for your various DIY projects.
- 「EXTERNAL SIZE」- 220 x 170 x 110mm/8.6″ x 6.7″ x 4.3″(L*W*H) 「INTERNAL SIZE」- please refer to the dimension drawing.
Additional Info :
How to choose the best outdoor waterproof electrical box: Important features to consider
Materials: Polyethylene vs. polypropylene – Low-density polyethylene (stamped on the bottom as LDPE, recycling group number four) is more flexible than stiff, cheap polypropylene (recycling group five), so it won’t crack as easily if you drop a loaded bin on the garage floor. It also won’t become brittle at freezing temperatures the way polypropylene does.
Each material has some advantages. Polypropylene can be made see-through, and it’s much more heat resistant — all the way up to boiling temperatures. LDPE is always tougher, but it gets very soft at temperatures above 110 degrees Fahrenheit and melts in boiling water. Our testers have seen far more polypropylene bins fail in long-term storage, especially in cold climates, but in a baking-hot attic, you’d want to be very careful about how much weight is stacked on an LDPE bin.
Latching lids – A flip-up latch will hold your bin closed even if you over-stuff it, which is handy for things like bulky sweaters and puffy blankets. If you put too much strain on latches, though, they’re prone to pop out of the mounting holes. Those holes also mean an entry point for moisture and insects.
A waterproof seal – If you just need a bin to shed rain, almost any will do: with one exception, the lids we tested to cover the edge of the bin, which means water will roll off without getting inside. A totally sealed lid (like our top pick) will also keep out humidity, though damp items can mildew quickly if you’re not careful about what you put in the bin.
Stackable designs – Nearly any bin can stand on top of another, but some designs are able to neatly mix and match small and large bins while creating a topple-resistant tower.
Single-size lids – If you’re building a collection of storage containers to fully organize your life, it can be handy to have bins with same-size openings. This usually means you can stack and nest different sizes as well as share lids between them. Usually, there will be at least two sizes in a series of containers with a common lid and footprint size, with the difference in volume made up by height.
What to Look for in a Plastic Storage Bin
“Pre-sort items you want to organize into categories for containment,” says Marci McAvoy, professional organizer and founder of Marci McAvoy Home Organization. After pre-sorting, consider the storage bin’s capacity. Measure what you need to store and the space where it will live.
“There’s nothing worse than buying a bunch of bins and getting home and realizing that your space is too narrow for the bin you chose, or maybe you didn’t realize that your shelves couldn’t be adjusted for height,” says McAvoy.
Plastic storage tubs list the capacity in quarts or gallons, and some may also include the weight limit. If you’re shopping online, you can get a sense of what a bin can hold by looking at both product photos and images posted by shoppers, which are often the most helpful.
Material and Design
Rigid plastic materials are less likely to buckle when filled with extremely heavy items. These are sometimes labeled as high-density bins. “A bin like this tends to be more expensive because it is really durable, keeps dust and critters out, and is airtight,” says McAvoy.
If you’re storing bins vertically, look for a stackable style (these usually have recessed lids), since this will help the bins stay stable and maximize your storage space from top to bottom. Note that some storage bins are narrower at the bottom and wider on top, so they can nest when they’re empty. This is a helpful feature, but if you are lining these up on shelves horizontally, you may have wasted space between them.
Lid Closure Type
Storage bin lids can be attached or removable. The attached lids might be on a single set of hinges, or they may split down the middle and interlock. When the lid is integrated into the design, you’re less likely to lose track of it, but McAvoy warns that sometimes these can break, rendering the entire bin unusable.
McAvoy prefers removable lids with side snaps and latches. If you live with small children, you might need to opt for more secure closures. If you love color-coding, consider lids that come in different colors. Others might opt for clear lids so they can easily see the contents.
When is the best time to buy plastic storage bins?
Plastic bins often go on sale in January or February, when retailers try to capitalize on customers’ resolutions to get organized. Containers in colors like red and green maybe even more deeply discounted at this time.
How should you label plastic storage bins?
There are almost as many labeling options as there are plastic containers. If you want flexibility, stick to erasable options such as removable chalkboard or whiteboard labels, and use either chalk paint or dry-erase markers. Label bin clips work well on the handles of open bins, and can also be used with dry-erase markers or Sharpies. Some people opt to simply write directly on clear bins, or buy pre-printed stickers. If you want your label to be permanent, use a marker like a Sharpie or an acrylic paint pen.
How can you hide plastic storage bins in your home?
If you’re looking to hide storage bins in your home, one option is to buy larger, more attractive containers made from materials like wood or rattan, and fit the plastic boxes inside. This works best for items you don’t need frequently. You could also use fabric, washi tape, drawer liner paper, spray paint, and stencils to decorate the exterior of plastic storage bins. If you really don’t want to see them, opt for under-bed storage containers.
Can you recycle plastic storage bins?
Check the number on the container as well as your area’s recycling rules. Many storage containers are made of polypropylene (labeled 5 or PP), and although this can be recycled, not all localities currently do this curbside, but some may accept them at transfer stations. You may be able to recycle polypropylene storage bins through a recycling company like TerraCycle. Try searching “specialty recycling company” and then the name of your town and state. Acrylic can be difficult to recycle, but some specialized facilities may accept it1. Products containing BPA cannot be recycled.2
If you can’t easily recycle your old bins, try posting them on a local swap group such as Buy Nothing or Freecycle, or using them for other home projects, such as building a terrarium or mini greenhouse. If they’re clean and in good condition, you can also donate them.
Last update on Tuesday, June 28, 2022 - 2:07:45 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API