The best outdoor weatherproof junction box can lead to smarter living in your home. With a functional aesthetic, storage bins can declutter and organize. To find the ideal outdoor weatherproof junction box available, we conducted hours of research and evaluated product models on durability, size, type of plastic, closures, and price.
Top 10 Bestoutdoor weatherproof junction box : Editor’s Choice
List of 10 Best outdoor weatherproof junction box: Selected and Tested by Experts
1. MIGRO Electrical Weatherproof Outdoor Junction Box, Plastic Weatherproof Outdoor Electrical Enclosure Box, Dustproof, Watertight, Heavy-Duty, 9.4 x 9.2 x 4.1 Inches (Exterior)
- Outdoor Storage of Electronics
- Heavy Duty, Weather Proof Thermo-Plastic Alloy
- Continuous horizontal and vertical bosses provide a plethora of mounting options
- Cable retention slots allow you to work outside the enclosure.
- Quick Mount Rail – Any True Flex component snaps in without hardware
- Interior Dimensions: 8.2 x 8.4 x 3.2
Additional Info :
2. Nineleaf 1PK Outdoor Junction Box ABS Plastic Dustproof IP66 Waterproof Universal Electrical Boxes Project Enclosure Grey 4 7/8″ 3 1/4″ 2 1/4″ inch (125x86x62mm) fit 20mm Cable Gland for Outdoor Use
- The waterproof Junction box is made of ABS plastic, IP66 waterproof rated. Solid construction and a good seal to protect against sun exposure, dust, corrosion and splashing water. Very suitable for outdoor use.
- Outer Box Size:125x86x62mm (4 7/8″* 3 1/4″* 2 1/4″) Inner Box Size(Approx)：117x 76x 38mm(4 5/8″*3″*1 1/2″) ; Color: Grey. Mounted Type : Surface Mounted.
- The DIY opening hole design greatly ensures the sealing of the waterproof project box. Up to 9 holes can be distributed on the 4 sides and bottom of the waterproof box. You can make holes according to your needs.
- The waterproof electronic box has cover with 4 screws to fix it. There is a Rubber sealing stripe at the interface between the cover and the waterproof box, which can make the waterproof box more sealed to ensure safe use in bad weather.
- The waterproof project box can be configured with 20 mm Cable Glands Joints, you can purchase it additionally according to your needs（ASIN: B077QMB3MG).The waterproof junction box suitable for aboard, garage, house, garden, farm, pond, underground, terrace, workshop, construction site, external wiring or external lighting etc.
Additional Info :
3. LeMotech ABS Plastic Dustproof Waterproof IP65 Junction Box Universal Electrical Project Enclosure White 5.9 x 5.9 x 2.8 inch (150 x 150 x 70 mm)
- Product Name: Junction Box; Waterproof Rating: IP65; Qualification：CE、ROHS
- Project Box Cable Entries Number: 8; Mounted Type: Surface Mount
- Electric Enclosure Material: ABS,Rubber; Net Weight: 250g; Main Color: White
- Outer Size: 5.9″ x 5.9″ x 2.8″/ 150 x 150 x 70mm(L*W*H); Recommended Internal Available Size:4.7″x4.7″x2.5″/120x120x64mm(L*W*H) – -* Tips: in order to confirm the detailed installation dimensions, please refer to our detail image, which shows specific internal dimensions of the product. ( Allowable Error : ±2mm )；Thickness : 0.1”/2.5mm; Screw Thread Dia.: 0.12″/3mm
- Package Content: 1 x Junction Box, 4 x Screws
Additional Info :
4. Outdoor Electrical Junction Box – Large 10 x 8 Inch Waterproof Plastic Box with Cover for Electronics
- LARGE JUNCTION BOX – Rectangular Plastic Junction Box measuring to be 10″ x 7.9″ x 3.1″ interior of 9.6” x 7.5” x 6” outer width /8.1” outer length
- WEATHERPROOF — Box keeps wind, rain, snow, and dirt out, keeping electronic components clean and dry. Use Indoors and outdoors, electrical, ethernet, ham radio, communications, and utility equipment
- ENCLOSURE CONTENTS – anti-corrosive ABS plastic, 12 rubber gaskets with 2 spare gaskets inside to help keep out dust and moisture
- CABLE FITTING – Each cable entry hole measures to exactly 1.4” or 36 mm in diameter.
- LIFETIME REPLACEMENT WARRANTY – Iron Forge Cable stands behind all of its products 100%. If anything ever goes wrong with this junction box, we will replace it with a new one.
Additional Info :
5. Round Weatherproof Box, Five 1/2 or 3/4 in. Threaded Outlets, Gray
- Durable high impact polycarbonate construction
- Model Number: PRB57550GY
- Item Package Dimension: 1.13″ L x 4.25″ W x 4.38″ H
- Item Package Weight: 0.43 lb
Additional Info :
6. Gratury Junction Box, Hinged Cover Stainless Steel Latch IP67 Waterproof Plastic Enclosure for Electrical Project Includes Mounting Plate and Wall Bracket 290×190×140mm (11.4″×7.5″×5.5″)
- Weatherproof & waterproof designed enclosure box, suitable for harsh outdoor environments or indoor industrial applications
- Includes a mounting panel for easy installing PCB board, terminal or any other electrical components which need to be fixed on
- Simple hinged cover, easy open and close, stainless steel latches can keep a good watertight
- High-grade ABS material, lightweight and sturdy, cable outlets can be easily drilled
- Safety lockable design to prevent un-authorized openings
Additional Info :
7. LMiEtool Junction Box, ABS Plastic, IP65 Waterproof Dustproof Universal Electrical Enclosure, Hinged Shell Outdoor and Indoor Usage Project Box, 5.9″x 3.9″x 2.8″(150x100x70mm), Grey
- [ Sturdy Material ] – Made of high quality ABS plastic and has adequate thickness to offer a durable construction. This junction box has superior impact resistant and electrical insulation.
- [ Latch Design ] – Design with two plastic latches to offer a better seal performance with rubber grommet; Locking hole can be used worry free in outdoor environment.
- [ IP65 Rated ] – Waterproof and weatherproof feature effectively block splashing water, rain, dust, snow, oil, UV, etc., can be widely used for both indoor and outdoor applications.
- [ Various Application ] – Suitable for indoor and outdoor electric, communication, electron etc. And it can be easily drilled without cracking. Suitable one for your own creative projects.
- [ Size Info ] – External Size: 5.9″ x 3.9″ x 2.8″/150x100x70m(L*W*H); Internal Size: 5.1″ x 3.1″ x 2.6″/130x80x65mm (Please refer/ download dimension sheet for details)
Additional Info :
8. Waterproof IP68 External Junction Box, 2 Way Plug Line M20 Coaxial Cable Connector Wire Range 5 to 15mm Outdoor External Electric Power Cord Boxes (Black)
- High-Quality Materials >>> The Helunsi junction box can easily be installed under the ground. Made of high quality plastic housing, it will not crack or fade in sunlight, durable for years of use, corrosion resistant, high temperature resistant, long-life.
- Waterproof >>> IP68 high waterproof level / Moisture-proof / Dust-proof / Anti-UV, 2 way plastic terminal, it can be installed horizontally and vertically as external junction box, widely used in external lighting facilities requiring waterproof or weatherproof protection, street lights, buried lights, garden lights, outdoor flood lights, etc.
- Specification >>> One in and one out and is delivered with a three-position terminal block. Terminal Block Current: 24A; Terminal Block Voltage: AC 450V. Supported wire diameter: imperial units 3/16″ to 11/32″, 11/32″ to 15/32″, 15/32″ to 19/32″ (Metric units 5~9mm/9~12mm/12~15mm)
- Easy To Install >>> The joint shell mold is integrally formed with a waterproof layer, the rotaters at each end close up the rubber around the ends of the cable. It is used to install outdoor lamps and lanterns connection, wiring is easy to operate, more convenient and safer.
- Wide Usability & After Sales >>> The Helunsi junction boxes are suitable for kinds of LED billboards, LED tunnel lights, LED Road landscape lighting, LED outdoor display, LED garden lights. Our product is backed by 1-year unconditional warranty. Please feel free to contact our customer service at any time if you have any product issue or question, we will reply you within 24 hours.
Additional Info :
9. DJC Supply Co. 8″ x8″ x4″ Weather & Dust Proof PS Plastic Junction Conduit Box Electronics Enclosure 1 Pack
✔ STRONG & LIGHTWEIGHT POLYSTYRENE (PS) PLASTIC This space age material is stronger and more durable than many other resin compounds and is considered the lightest among all major plastics
✔ ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY & RECYCLABLEPolypropylene is more environmentally friendly than some other plastics. It’s recyclable and doesn’t release as many toxins as plastics such as PVC.
✔ SUPERIOR DIELECTRIC INSULATOR STRENGTH Polystyrene has one of the highest electrical insulating strengths from all polymer plastic, ensure the safety and longevity of your equipment with PS!
✔ RUST PROOF PC PLASTIC: All components including screws are made from strong resilent and rust proof PVC plastic allowing for outdoor and in ground use
Additional Info :
10. RAB Lighting RAB VXCA Weatherproof Round Box, Bronze
- Die cast aluminum construction for resistance to corrosion
- Washer-head ground screw in pre-tapped hole
- Closed cell foam rubber gasket
- UL listed for use in wet locations
Additional Info :
How to choose the best outdoor weatherproof junction box: Important features to consider
Materials: Polyethylene vs. polypropylene – Low-density polyethylene (stamped on the bottom as LDPE, recycling group number four) is more flexible than stiff, cheap polypropylene (recycling group five), so it won’t crack as easily if you drop a loaded bin on the garage floor. It also won’t become brittle at freezing temperatures the way polypropylene does.
Each material has some advantages. Polypropylene can be made see-through, and it’s much more heat resistant — all the way up to boiling temperatures. LDPE is always tougher, but it gets very soft at temperatures above 110 degrees Fahrenheit and melts in boiling water. Our testers have seen far more polypropylene bins fail in long-term storage, especially in cold climates, but in a baking-hot attic, you’d want to be very careful about how much weight is stacked on an LDPE bin.
Latching lids – A flip-up latch will hold your bin closed even if you over-stuff it, which is handy for things like bulky sweaters and puffy blankets. If you put too much strain on latches, though, they’re prone to pop out of the mounting holes. Those holes also mean an entry point for moisture and insects.
A waterproof seal – If you just need a bin to shed rain, almost any will do: with one exception, the lids we tested to cover the edge of the bin, which means water will roll off without getting inside. A totally sealed lid (like our top pick) will also keep out humidity, though damp items can mildew quickly if you’re not careful about what you put in the bin.
Stackable designs – Nearly any bin can stand on top of another, but some designs are able to neatly mix and match small and large bins while creating a topple-resistant tower.
Single-size lids – If you’re building a collection of storage containers to fully organize your life, it can be handy to have bins with same-size openings. This usually means you can stack and nest different sizes as well as share lids between them. Usually, there will be at least two sizes in a series of containers with a common lid and footprint size, with the difference in volume made up by height.
What to Look for in a Plastic Storage Bin
“Pre-sort items you want to organize into categories for containment,” says Marci McAvoy, professional organizer and founder of Marci McAvoy Home Organization. After pre-sorting, consider the storage bin’s capacity. Measure what you need to store and the space where it will live.
“There’s nothing worse than buying a bunch of bins and getting home and realizing that your space is too narrow for the bin you chose, or maybe you didn’t realize that your shelves couldn’t be adjusted for height,” says McAvoy.
Plastic storage tubs list the capacity in quarts or gallons, and some may also include the weight limit. If you’re shopping online, you can get a sense of what a bin can hold by looking at both product photos and images posted by shoppers, which are often the most helpful.
Material and Design
Rigid plastic materials are less likely to buckle when filled with extremely heavy items. These are sometimes labeled as high-density bins. “A bin like this tends to be more expensive because it is really durable, keeps dust and critters out, and is airtight,” says McAvoy.
If you’re storing bins vertically, look for a stackable style (these usually have recessed lids), since this will help the bins stay stable and maximize your storage space from top to bottom. Note that some storage bins are narrower at the bottom and wider on top, so they can nest when they’re empty. This is a helpful feature, but if you are lining these up on shelves horizontally, you may have wasted space between them.
Lid Closure Type
Storage bin lids can be attached or removable. The attached lids might be on a single set of hinges, or they may split down the middle and interlock. When the lid is integrated into the design, you’re less likely to lose track of it, but McAvoy warns that sometimes these can break, rendering the entire bin unusable.
McAvoy prefers removable lids with side snaps and latches. If you live with small children, you might need to opt for more secure closures. If you love color-coding, consider lids that come in different colors. Others might opt for clear lids so they can easily see the contents.
When is the best time to buy plastic storage bins?
Plastic bins often go on sale in January or February, when retailers try to capitalize on customers’ resolutions to get organized. Containers in colors like red and green maybe even more deeply discounted at this time.
How should you label plastic storage bins?
There are almost as many labeling options as there are plastic containers. If you want flexibility, stick to erasable options such as removable chalkboard or whiteboard labels, and use either chalk paint or dry-erase markers. Label bin clips work well on the handles of open bins, and can also be used with dry-erase markers or Sharpies. Some people opt to simply write directly on clear bins, or buy pre-printed stickers. If you want your label to be permanent, use a marker like a Sharpie or an acrylic paint pen.
How can you hide plastic storage bins in your home?
If you’re looking to hide storage bins in your home, one option is to buy larger, more attractive containers made from materials like wood or rattan, and fit the plastic boxes inside. This works best for items you don’t need frequently. You could also use fabric, washi tape, drawer liner paper, spray paint, and stencils to decorate the exterior of plastic storage bins. If you really don’t want to see them, opt for under-bed storage containers.
Can you recycle plastic storage bins?
Check the number on the container as well as your area’s recycling rules. Many storage containers are made of polypropylene (labeled 5 or PP), and although this can be recycled, not all localities currently do this curbside, but some may accept them at transfer stations. You may be able to recycle polypropylene storage bins through a recycling company like TerraCycle. Try searching “specialty recycling company” and then the name of your town and state. Acrylic can be difficult to recycle, but some specialized facilities may accept it1. Products containing BPA cannot be recycled.2
If you can’t easily recycle your old bins, try posting them on a local swap group such as Buy Nothing or Freecycle, or using them for other home projects, such as building a terrarium or mini greenhouse. If they’re clean and in good condition, you can also donate them.
Last update on Wednesday, June 29, 2022 - 20:37:18 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API