Consumers have been using storage boxes to organize nearly every part of their lives: In homes, on the farm, at warehouses, and even for travel. Over the years, many users have bought numerous brands and styles of storage containers for different applications. Some have served faithfully for decades in storage sheds, while some were only good for a year before cracking.
The best outside junction box can lead to smarter living in your home. With a functional aesthetic, storage bins can declutter and organize. To find the ideal outside junction box available, we conducted hours of research and evaluated product models on durability, size, type of plastic, closures, and price.
Top 10 Bestoutside junction box : Editor’s Choice
List of 10 Best outside junction box: Selected and Tested by Experts
1. MIGRO Electrical Weatherproof Outdoor Junction Box, Plastic Weatherproof Outdoor Electrical Enclosure Box, Dustproof, Watertight, Heavy-Duty, 9.4 x 9.2 x 4.1 Inches (Exterior)
- Outdoor Storage of Electronics
- Heavy Duty, Weather Proof Thermo-Plastic Alloy
- Continuous horizontal and vertical bosses provide a plethora of mounting options
- Cable retention slots allow you to work outside the enclosure.
- Quick Mount Rail – Any True Flex component snaps in without hardware
- Interior Dimensions: 8.2 x 8.4 x 3.2
Additional Info :
2. Gratury Junction Box, Hinged Cover Stainless Steel Latch IP67 Waterproof Plastic Enclosure for Electrical Project Includes Mounting Plate and Wall Bracket 290×190×140mm (11.4″×7.5″×5.5″)
- Weatherproof & waterproof designed enclosure box, suitable for harsh outdoor environments or indoor industrial applications
- Includes a mounting panel for easy installing PCB board, terminal or any other electrical components which need to be fixed on
- Simple hinged cover, easy open and close, stainless steel latches can keep a good watertight
- High-grade ABS material, lightweight and sturdy, cable outlets can be easily drilled
- Safety lockable design to prevent un-authorized openings
Additional Info :
3. Sigma Electric, White 14250WH 1/2-Inch 3 Hole 1-Gang Box
- Provide a junction for conduits or can house a single wired device such as a receptacle or switch
- Features three 1/2-in knockouts and 18. 3 cu. in. capacity
- Includes mounting lugs, closure plugs and a pre-installed ground screw
- Die-cast construction and powder coated for corrosion resistance
- Product is UL and CSA listed, suitable for wet locations and NEMA 3R rated
Additional Info :
4. RAB Lighting VXCB Weatherproof Round Box with No Cover, Aluminum, 1/2″ Hole Size, Black
- Green hex slotted washer head ground screw in pre-tapped hole
- Heavy die cast aluminum
- Close-up plugs allow Philips or slotted screwdrivers for easy installation
- 1/8″ thick weather seal gasket is closed cell foam rubber for long lasting seal that won’t crumble or break
Additional Info :
5. DJC Supply Co. 6″ x 6″ x 3″ Weather & Dust Proof PS Plastic Junction Conduit Box Enclosure (5.5″x5.5″x3″ Interior Dimension)1 Pack
✔ STRONG & LIGHTWEIGHT POLYSTYRENE (PS) PLASTIC This space age material is stronger and more durable than many other resin compounds and is considered the lightest among all major plastics
✔ ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY & RECYCLABLEPolypropylene is more environmentally friendly than some other plastics. It’s recyclable and doesn’t release as many toxins as plastics such as PVC.
✔ SUPERIOR DIELECTRIC INSULATOR STRENGTH Polystyrene has one of the highest electrical insulating strengths from all polymer plastic, ensure the safety and longevity of your equipment with PS!
✔ RUST PROOF PC PLASTIC: All components including screws are made from strong resilent and rust proof PVC plastic allowing for outdoor and in ground use
Additional Info :
6. LeMotech ABS Plastic Dustproof Waterproof IP65 Junction Box Universal Electrical Project Enclosure White 7.9 x 3.9 x 2.8 inch (200 x 100 x 70 mm)
- Product Name: Junction Box; Waterproof Rating: IP65; Qualification：CE、ROHS
- Project Box Cable Entries Number: 8; Mounted Type: Surface Mount
- Electric Enclosure Material: ABS,Rubber; Net Weight: 260g；Main Color: White
- Outer Size: 7.9″ x 3.9″ x 2.8″/200 x 100 x 70mm(L*W*H)；Recommended Internal Available Size:6.9″x3.0″x2.5″/176x76x64.5mm(L*W*H) – -* Tips: in order to confirm the detailed installation dimensions, please refer to our detail image, which shows specific internal dimensions of the product. (Allowable Error: ±2mm); Thickness : 0.1”/2.5mm; Screw Thread Dia.: 0.12″/3mmScrew.
- Package Content: 1 x Junction Box, 4 x Screws
Additional Info :
7. Universal Bullet Security Camera Junction Box Mount Bracket, Plastic Junction Box Compatible with Arlo Solar Panel and Reolink Solar Panel,Outdoor/Indoor Use CCTV Junction Mounting Box
- Applicable to Multiple bracket camera junction box, you can use Bullet camera、Dome camera and solar panel brackets to collect the excess wires
- Easy to install: rainproof design Ip54,This junction box can only prevent light rain. If it encounters heavy rain, this product will get water, but it will not affect the normal use of the camera. The function of the junction box is to hide the extra wires of the solar panel and the camera.Junction box mainly used for outdoor and indoor，Interior ceiling.Easy to install, just need to drill holes in the wall
- Compatible with model:Security Camera Junction Box is compatible with the Arlo solar panel and Reolink solar panel,as well as other compatible camera models including Replacment mount for Ring Stick Up Cam/Indoor/Battery Cam DS-2CE56D0T-IRMF , DS-2CD2042 security camera junction box and VMA4600-10000S ,VMA3600 , VMA5600 solar panel Bracket
- Hidden cables: cables can be passed through the top/bottom. Very suitable for hiding cables and connectors in junction boxes. Easy to operate and maintain, ideal for protecting cables.
- Product Size: Diameter 4.4inch, Height 1.95inch. Plastic PC+ABS
Additional Info :
8. IP68 Outdoor Waterproof Junction Box Electrical Cable Connector, Easy to Install, UL ,M16 for Ø 3.5-10mm Wire Range(AC 400V, 17.5A),2 Way 3Pin 5Pack
- ✔①JUNCTION BOX CONNECTOR : 2 way (3-pole) M16 plug connector, with two sizes of rubber ring, Cable Range : Ø3.5-7mm/7-10mm, the connectors include “live wire”&”neutral wire”&”earth wire”.
- ✔②EXCELLENT MATERIAL : The connector made of PA66 material, Resistance to high temperature and low temperature, V-0 flame retardant, working temperature: -40°C~105°C, UL TUV SAA CE ROSH certified.
- ✔③AMAZING WATERPROOF EFFECT : Built-in Rubber ring and clamping nut, IP68 Waterproof / Moisture-proof / Dust-proof/Anti-UV, Can be used in water but not more than 3.5m.
- ✔④EASY TO INSTALL : Small size, light in weight, reasonably designed, just a screwdriver, so that the cable connector installed in any place where it needs. Note:When finished, check that all nuts are tight.
- ✔⑤WIDE RANGE OF CONNECTOR : Junction box connectors are suitable for connecting garden and outdoor billboard displays, tunnel lights, road landscape lights, underwater lights, street lights, etc.It is a safe DIY tool. Can be used to repair and extend power cables.
Additional Info :
9. Universal Bullet Security Camera Junction Box Mount Bracket, Outdoor Use Waterproof Wall Ceiling Mount Aluminum Hide Cable Junction Base Boxes (4 Pack)
- Widely use: The waterproof box works with bullet camera(You can drill holes on the plate to match your camera base’s hole).
- Item dimension: Outside diameter of our junction box round: 3.94 inch, plate center hole: 0.98 inch, Height of aluminum box: 1.89 inch
- Material: Heavy aluminum construction, waterproof and stable, it will ensures durable and stable performance.
- Easy install: With professional design, Fits both wall and ceiling mount installation, just drill holes on the walls and install where you want.
- Hide your cables: Rear/Bottom access to pass cabling through. Perfect for hiding cables and connectors. Easy operation and maintenance, it’s a good choice protect your cables.
Additional Info :
10. FX Junction Box Waterproof IP68 2 Way Plug Line M20 Coaxial Cable Connector Wire Range 5 to 12mm Outdoor External Electric Power Cord Boxes
- ★ Junction Box Connector : 2 wire (2-pole) M20 connector, one input and one output ,Cable Range : 5-9mm or 9-12mm
- ★ Strong waterproof : IP68 high level waterproof class / Moisture-proof/Dust-proof/ anti-UV 2 Way Plastic Terminal, available for 2 or 3-pin cables ,can used underwater underground outdoor for trailer
- ★ High-quality materials : The Junction Box all are made high quality plastic ,all pass TUV，SAA，CE，ROHS , 100% weatherproof .
- ★ Easy to install :Small volume,just a screwdriver, so that the cable connector installed in any place where it needs
- ★ Wide Usability : The junction boxes Suitable for kinds of LED billboards, LED tunnel lights, LED Road landscape lighting, LED outdoor display, LED garden lights.Further applications in coastal, river, sea or underwater engineering, underground engineering, mining engineering, solar-wind power, solar water heaters, various machinery and equipment.
Additional Info :
How to choose the best outside junction box: Important features to consider
Materials: Polyethylene vs. polypropylene – Low-density polyethylene (stamped on the bottom as LDPE, recycling group number four) is more flexible than stiff, cheap polypropylene (recycling group five), so it won’t crack as easily if you drop a loaded bin on the garage floor. It also won’t become brittle at freezing temperatures the way polypropylene does.
Each material has some advantages. Polypropylene can be made see-through, and it’s much more heat resistant — all the way up to boiling temperatures. LDPE is always tougher, but it gets very soft at temperatures above 110 degrees Fahrenheit and melts in boiling water. Our testers have seen far more polypropylene bins fail in long-term storage, especially in cold climates, but in a baking-hot attic, you’d want to be very careful about how much weight is stacked on an LDPE bin.
Latching lids – A flip-up latch will hold your bin closed even if you over-stuff it, which is handy for things like bulky sweaters and puffy blankets. If you put too much strain on latches, though, they’re prone to pop out of the mounting holes. Those holes also mean an entry point for moisture and insects.
A waterproof seal – If you just need a bin to shed rain, almost any will do: with one exception, the lids we tested to cover the edge of the bin, which means water will roll off without getting inside. A totally sealed lid (like our top pick) will also keep out humidity, though damp items can mildew quickly if you’re not careful about what you put in the bin.
Stackable designs – Nearly any bin can stand on top of another, but some designs are able to neatly mix and match small and large bins while creating a topple-resistant tower.
Single-size lids – If you’re building a collection of storage containers to fully organize your life, it can be handy to have bins with same-size openings. This usually means you can stack and nest different sizes as well as share lids between them. Usually, there will be at least two sizes in a series of containers with a common lid and footprint size, with the difference in volume made up by height.
What to Look for in a Plastic Storage Bin
“Pre-sort items you want to organize into categories for containment,” says Marci McAvoy, professional organizer and founder of Marci McAvoy Home Organization. After pre-sorting, consider the storage bin’s capacity. Measure what you need to store and the space where it will live.
“There’s nothing worse than buying a bunch of bins and getting home and realizing that your space is too narrow for the bin you chose, or maybe you didn’t realize that your shelves couldn’t be adjusted for height,” says McAvoy.
Plastic storage tubs list the capacity in quarts or gallons, and some may also include the weight limit. If you’re shopping online, you can get a sense of what a bin can hold by looking at both product photos and images posted by shoppers, which are often the most helpful.
Material and Design
Rigid plastic materials are less likely to buckle when filled with extremely heavy items. These are sometimes labeled as high-density bins. “A bin like this tends to be more expensive because it is really durable, keeps dust and critters out, and is airtight,” says McAvoy.
If you’re storing bins vertically, look for a stackable style (these usually have recessed lids), since this will help the bins stay stable and maximize your storage space from top to bottom. Note that some storage bins are narrower at the bottom and wider on top, so they can nest when they’re empty. This is a helpful feature, but if you are lining these up on shelves horizontally, you may have wasted space between them.
Lid Closure Type
Storage bin lids can be attached or removable. The attached lids might be on a single set of hinges, or they may split down the middle and interlock. When the lid is integrated into the design, you’re less likely to lose track of it, but McAvoy warns that sometimes these can break, rendering the entire bin unusable.
McAvoy prefers removable lids with side snaps and latches. If you live with small children, you might need to opt for more secure closures. If you love color-coding, consider lids that come in different colors. Others might opt for clear lids so they can easily see the contents.
When is the best time to buy plastic storage bins?
Plastic bins often go on sale in January or February, when retailers try to capitalize on customers’ resolutions to get organized. Containers in colors like red and green maybe even more deeply discounted at this time.
How should you label plastic storage bins?
There are almost as many labeling options as there are plastic containers. If you want flexibility, stick to erasable options such as removable chalkboard or whiteboard labels, and use either chalk paint or dry-erase markers. Label bin clips work well on the handles of open bins, and can also be used with dry-erase markers or Sharpies. Some people opt to simply write directly on clear bins, or buy pre-printed stickers. If you want your label to be permanent, use a marker like a Sharpie or an acrylic paint pen.
How can you hide plastic storage bins in your home?
If you’re looking to hide storage bins in your home, one option is to buy larger, more attractive containers made from materials like wood or rattan, and fit the plastic boxes inside. This works best for items you don’t need frequently. You could also use fabric, washi tape, drawer liner paper, spray paint, and stencils to decorate the exterior of plastic storage bins. If you really don’t want to see them, opt for under-bed storage containers.
Can you recycle plastic storage bins?
Check the number on the container as well as your area’s recycling rules. Many storage containers are made of polypropylene (labeled 5 or PP), and although this can be recycled, not all localities currently do this curbside, but some may accept them at transfer stations. You may be able to recycle polypropylene storage bins through a recycling company like TerraCycle. Try searching “specialty recycling company” and then the name of your town and state. Acrylic can be difficult to recycle, but some specialized facilities may accept it1. Products containing BPA cannot be recycled.2
If you can’t easily recycle your old bins, try posting them on a local swap group such as Buy Nothing or Freecycle, or using them for other home projects, such as building a terrarium or mini greenhouse. If they’re clean and in good condition, you can also donate them.
Last update on Monday, August 8, 2022 - 17:47:17 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API