Consumers have been using storage boxes to organize nearly every part of their lives: In homes, on the farm, at warehouses, and even for travel. Over the years, many users have bought numerous brands and styles of storage containers for different applications. Some have served faithfully for decades in storage sheds, while some were only good for a year before cracking.
The best outside plug box can lead to smarter living in your home. With a functional aesthetic, storage bins can declutter and organize. To find the ideal outside plug box available, we conducted hours of research and evaluated product models on durability, size, type of plastic, closures, and price.
Top 10 Bestoutside plug box : Editor’s Choice
List of 10 Best outside plug box: Selected and Tested by Experts
1. Outdoor Extension Cord Safety Cover with Waterproof Protector Seal, Weatherproof Electrical Connection Box for Outdoor Outlets, Plugs, Sockets, Holiday Decorations, Power Tools, Fountains, Black
- Designed to keep cord connection secure and protected. Large housing fits straight plugs, right-angle plugs, transformers, power adapters and other bulky electric connections.
- With the 4 corner clips, snap-lock lid, and self-adjustable rubber gaskets, this outdoor power box is IP44 waterproof. Perfect to seal 12, 14, 16, 18 gauge cord, braided wire and flat cable.
- Made with heavy-duty reinforced PP material to withstand rain, snow, water, dust, dirt and more, continuously protecting outdoor connections from electrical hazard.
- Easy to use, just connect your cords, place the connection into the safety seal enclosure and close, no tools required.
- Ideal for a wide range of outdoor & indoor applications including lawn and garden power tools, holiday and landscape decoration lighting, pool pumps, fountains, fish ponds, patio heaters, air conditioners, security cameras and more.
Additional Info :
2. Globally Benchmarked Plug-And-Play Outside the Box Thinking
Additional Info :
3. SockitBox – The Original Weatherproof Connection Box – Indoor & Outdoor Electrical Power Cord Enclosure for Timers, Extension Cables, Transformers, Power Strips, Lights, Tools & More – Medium – Black
- SUPERIOR ELECTRICAL SAFETY – IP55 Rated Indoor & Outdoor Waterproof Power Cord Connection Box Helps Keep All Your Home Electrical Equipment Safe & Dry
- PATENTED WEATHERPROOF DESIGN – Size Medium is Perfect for Protecting Power Strips, Surge Protectors, Plug-In Timers, Extension Cords & Other Multi-Socket Gear
- PORTABLE & EASY TO USE – No Permanent Installation Required! The Innovative Interlocking Lid Opens Easily & Molds Tightly Around Power Cords When Closed
- HEAVY DUTY CONSTRUCTION – Features a Super Thick, Durable Plastic Body & Silicone Weatherproof Seal, Gasket & Molding Blocks for a Lifetime of Protection
- ENDLESS POSSIBILITIES – Ideal Choice for a Wide Range of Lawn & Garden Applications Including Holiday & Landscape Lights, Fountains, Power Tools, Etc.
Additional Info :
4. UltraPro, Black, Outdoor Electrical Outlet Cover, Single Gang, Weatherproof Enclosure, Rated for Wet Locations, 49204
- UL Extra-Duty Compliant – Rated for use in wet locations under National Electrical Code 406.9 (B)(1).
- Protection – Cover is constructed of durable polycarbonate to protect your outlet from the elements. The clear finish makes it easy to see cords, plugs and receptacles.
- Security – The built-in latch is perfect for most standard padlocks. Lock your outlet cover to prevent unauthorized use of your 3-prong outlet.
- Easy to Install – Includes gasket and mounting hardware for a quick and easy installation. Mount your bubble cover outlet protector in seconds.
- Versatile – For use in single-gang installations, this in-use weatherproof outlet cover can be mounted horizontally or vertically. NOTE: To ensure weatherproof protection, the hinges must be located at the top.
Additional Info :
5. Sealproof 2-Gang Weatherproof In Use Outlet Cover | Two Gang Outdoor Plug and Receptacle Protector, Lockable, UL Extra Duty Compliant, 45 Configurations
- UL Extra Duty Compliant (for Wet Locations, National Electrical Code 406.9 (B)(1)) with a patented multi-configuration design, NEC Compliant, UL File No. E362580
- Gang can be used horizontally or vertically, with up to 45 configurations, whether GFCI, Duplex, Switch, or Round
- Durable polycarbonate construction, Lockable and easy to install, includes gasket and mounting hardware, fits full size padlock.
- 2-3/4″ deep, Clear/Gray.
- Cross Reference: MM2410C + MM2420C / WIUC20FRED
Additional Info :
6. Sigma Electric, White 14250WH 1/2-Inch 3 Hole 1-Gang Box
- Provide a junction for conduits or can house a single wired device such as a receptacle or switch
- Features three 1/2-in knockouts and 18. 3 cu. in. capacity
- Includes mounting lugs, closure plugs and a pre-installed ground screw
- Die-cast construction and powder coated for corrosion resistance
- Product is UL and CSA listed, suitable for wet locations and NEMA 3R rated
Additional Info :
7. BN-LINK 7 Day Heavy Duty Outdoor Digital Stake Timer, 6 Outlets, Weatherproof, BNC-U3S, Perfect for Outdoor Lights, Sprinklers, Christmas Lights
- VERSATILE & CUSTOMIZABLE: Easily set up to 8 on/off programs for the timer’s two grounded outlets. Outlets are controlled simultaneously, and settings can be as short as one minute.
- WEATHERPROOF TIMER SWITCH BOX: The inside of the box timer is protected by a cover to keep out rain, dust and dirt to ensure durability
- DISCREET OUTDOOR TIMER BOX: having a green color that blends in with your landscape, rest assured that the outlet timer box will not be an eyesore
- JUST SET & GO: Choose your own individual days or simply select one of the convenient pre-set combination days. Switch to Daylight Savings mode with a press of a button. Our long-lasting backup battery keeps your settings even in the event of a power outage.
- MULTI-PURPOSE OUTLET BOX TIMER: fantastic as a sprinkler, pool, irrigation and light timer box, you can be enjoying so much more energy savings
Additional Info :
8. DEWENWILS Extension Cord Connection Box, Outdoor Plug Cover for Electrical Connections, Ideal for Extension Cords, Timers, Power Strips, Power Tools, Holiday and Landscape Lights, Black
- 【WEATHER-RESISTANT CONNECTION】 This weatherproof extension cord connection box provides a watertight sealed space to protect outdoor & indoor plug connections from the elements like water, snow, rain, dust, and dirt to ensure circuit safety ( Note: It is just water-resistant. Do not submerse it in water)
- 【FITS 12/14/16 GAUGE Extension Cord】 Ample housing can accommodate a power strip with up to 6 outlets; fits up to 12 gauge extension cord and flat cable(not included); 5 cord holes feed multiple cords connections; 2 unopened optional drain holes are available to fit larger gauge cords or drain the water
- 【FIRM AND TIGHT CONNECTION】Rubber seals at every wire slot conform well to the power cord; inside cable retention clamps hold the extension cords tightly in place to prevent the plugs from sliding or disconnecting even if tug the cords in uses
- 【BUILT TO LAST】 Made of heavy-duty plastic to ensure that the waterproof outlet box is sturdy enough to withstand different weather; IP54 water-resistant plastic enclosure and rubber gasket around the lid secure it weather tight; manage your cord to keep the area clean and neat
- 【EASY TO USE】 It is mountable by 4 direct mounting holes and 2 keyhole mounting slots; One large latch allows you to lock the outdoor cord cover box to protect your devices from loss and accidentally opened; ideal for pool pump, timer, pet heaters, holiday and landscape lighting, power tools and garden tools
Additional Info :
9. Restmo 2 Pack Compact Outdoor Extension Cord Cover, IP44 Waterproof Box and Safety Housing Case, Ideal to Protect Outdoor Plugs, Electrical Connections, Holiday Decoration Lights, Size Small, Black
- Upgraded Extension Cord Safety Cover: With 4 lockable latches, 2 cable clamps, 2 mounting holes and 2 cable ties, it creates a watertight sealing space, keeps outdoor & indoor electric connection dry and safety, easy to place and hang anywhere.
- Mini Size Electrical Box: Compact dimension (7 x 2 x 2 inches) and light weight (3 ounces), no more drop when hanging up the housing case in the air. Widely compatible with up to AWG14 cord, flat cable and braided wire.
- Water & Dust Resistant: IP44 waterproof with rubber seals at both ends, protect against water, snow, rain, dust, dirt, and more. Great to protect outdoor string light, landscape lighting, pool pump, garden power tool, fountain, Christmas and other holiday decorations.
- Heavy Duty & Weatherproof: Constructed with industrial grade material, highly durable and UV resistant, withstand hard impacts and heavy force, great to use in outdoor harsh environment.
- Easy to Use: No installation required, easily open with top lid and 4 latches, place the connection inside, fasten the cord with cable clamps, lock and seal.
Additional Info :
10. Kasa Smart Light Switch HS200, Single Pole, Needs Neutral Wire, 2.4GHz Wi-Fi Light Switch Works with Alexa and Google Home, UL Certified, No Hub Required , White
- Easy guided install: Neutral wire is required, standard wall plate size. No need to understand complex switch wiring or master vs auxiliary switch configurations; The Kasa app guides you through easy step by step installation. Need 2.4GHz Wi-Fi connection
- Control from anywhere: Monitor your light status. Turn electronics on and off from anywhere with your smartphone using the Kasa app, whether you are at home, in the office or on vacation
- Voice control: Enjoy the hands-free convenience of controlling the lights in your home with your voice via Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant; perfect for times when your hands are full or entering a dark room
- Scheduling: Use timer or countdown schedules to set your smart switch to automatically turn on and off while you’re home or away. Enable ‘away mode’ to randomly switch on and off to trick potential intruders
- Trusted and reliable: Designed and developed in silicon valley, Kasa is trusted by over 4 million users. UL certified for safety use.
Additional Info :
How to choose the best outside plug box: Important features to consider
Materials: Polyethylene vs. polypropylene – Low-density polyethylene (stamped on the bottom as LDPE, recycling group number four) is more flexible than stiff, cheap polypropylene (recycling group five), so it won’t crack as easily if you drop a loaded bin on the garage floor. It also won’t become brittle at freezing temperatures the way polypropylene does.
Each material has some advantages. Polypropylene can be made see-through, and it’s much more heat resistant — all the way up to boiling temperatures. LDPE is always tougher, but it gets very soft at temperatures above 110 degrees Fahrenheit and melts in boiling water. Our testers have seen far more polypropylene bins fail in long-term storage, especially in cold climates, but in a baking-hot attic, you’d want to be very careful about how much weight is stacked on an LDPE bin.
Latching lids – A flip-up latch will hold your bin closed even if you over-stuff it, which is handy for things like bulky sweaters and puffy blankets. If you put too much strain on latches, though, they’re prone to pop out of the mounting holes. Those holes also mean an entry point for moisture and insects.
A waterproof seal – If you just need a bin to shed rain, almost any will do: with one exception, the lids we tested to cover the edge of the bin, which means water will roll off without getting inside. A totally sealed lid (like our top pick) will also keep out humidity, though damp items can mildew quickly if you’re not careful about what you put in the bin.
Stackable designs – Nearly any bin can stand on top of another, but some designs are able to neatly mix and match small and large bins while creating a topple-resistant tower.
Single-size lids – If you’re building a collection of storage containers to fully organize your life, it can be handy to have bins with same-size openings. This usually means you can stack and nest different sizes as well as share lids between them. Usually, there will be at least two sizes in a series of containers with a common lid and footprint size, with the difference in volume made up by height.
What to Look for in a Plastic Storage Bin
“Pre-sort items you want to organize into categories for containment,” says Marci McAvoy, professional organizer and founder of Marci McAvoy Home Organization. After pre-sorting, consider the storage bin’s capacity. Measure what you need to store and the space where it will live.
“There’s nothing worse than buying a bunch of bins and getting home and realizing that your space is too narrow for the bin you chose, or maybe you didn’t realize that your shelves couldn’t be adjusted for height,” says McAvoy.
Plastic storage tubs list the capacity in quarts or gallons, and some may also include the weight limit. If you’re shopping online, you can get a sense of what a bin can hold by looking at both product photos and images posted by shoppers, which are often the most helpful.
Material and Design
Rigid plastic materials are less likely to buckle when filled with extremely heavy items. These are sometimes labeled as high-density bins. “A bin like this tends to be more expensive because it is really durable, keeps dust and critters out, and is airtight,” says McAvoy.
If you’re storing bins vertically, look for a stackable style (these usually have recessed lids), since this will help the bins stay stable and maximize your storage space from top to bottom. Note that some storage bins are narrower at the bottom and wider on top, so they can nest when they’re empty. This is a helpful feature, but if you are lining these up on shelves horizontally, you may have wasted space between them.
Lid Closure Type
Storage bin lids can be attached or removable. The attached lids might be on a single set of hinges, or they may split down the middle and interlock. When the lid is integrated into the design, you’re less likely to lose track of it, but McAvoy warns that sometimes these can break, rendering the entire bin unusable.
McAvoy prefers removable lids with side snaps and latches. If you live with small children, you might need to opt for more secure closures. If you love color-coding, consider lids that come in different colors. Others might opt for clear lids so they can easily see the contents.
When is the best time to buy plastic storage bins?
Plastic bins often go on sale in January or February, when retailers try to capitalize on customers’ resolutions to get organized. Containers in colors like red and green maybe even more deeply discounted at this time.
How should you label plastic storage bins?
There are almost as many labeling options as there are plastic containers. If you want flexibility, stick to erasable options such as removable chalkboard or whiteboard labels, and use either chalk paint or dry-erase markers. Label bin clips work well on the handles of open bins, and can also be used with dry-erase markers or Sharpies. Some people opt to simply write directly on clear bins, or buy pre-printed stickers. If you want your label to be permanent, use a marker like a Sharpie or an acrylic paint pen.
How can you hide plastic storage bins in your home?
If you’re looking to hide storage bins in your home, one option is to buy larger, more attractive containers made from materials like wood or rattan, and fit the plastic boxes inside. This works best for items you don’t need frequently. You could also use fabric, washi tape, drawer liner paper, spray paint, and stencils to decorate the exterior of plastic storage bins. If you really don’t want to see them, opt for under-bed storage containers.
Can you recycle plastic storage bins?
Check the number on the container as well as your area’s recycling rules. Many storage containers are made of polypropylene (labeled 5 or PP), and although this can be recycled, not all localities currently do this curbside, but some may accept them at transfer stations. You may be able to recycle polypropylene storage bins through a recycling company like TerraCycle. Try searching “specialty recycling company” and then the name of your town and state. Acrylic can be difficult to recycle, but some specialized facilities may accept it1. Products containing BPA cannot be recycled.2
If you can’t easily recycle your old bins, try posting them on a local swap group such as Buy Nothing or Freecycle, or using them for other home projects, such as building a terrarium or mini greenhouse. If they’re clean and in good condition, you can also donate them.
Last update on Wednesday, June 29, 2022 - 20:37:18 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API