Consumers have been using storage boxes to organize nearly every part of their lives: In homes, on the farm, at warehouses, and even for travel. Over the years, many users have bought numerous brands and styles of storage containers for different applications. Some have served faithfully for decades in storage sheds, while some were only good for a year before cracking.
The best planter box direct can lead to smarter living in your home. With a functional aesthetic, storage bins can declutter and organize. To find the ideal planter box direct available, we conducted hours of research and evaluated product models on durability, size, type of plastic, closures, and price.
Top 10 Bestplanter box direct : Editor’s Choice
List of 10 Best planter box direct: Selected and Tested by Experts
1. Best Choice Products 6x3x2ft Outdoor Metal Raised Garden Bed, Deep Root Box Planter for Vegetables, Flowers, Herbs, and Succulents w/ 269 Gallon Capacity – Gray
- 2FT GROWING DEPTH: 24 inches of depth holds up to 269 gallons of soil-great for medium to deep rooting plants and vegetables like broccoli, beans, and more. Note: This product does not include a bottom panel
- TOOL-FREE ASSEMBLY: Beveled steel panels come together with a set of included wingnuts and bolts with rubber edging for your added safety
- BUILT TO LAST: Made of powder-coated steel plates to keep your garden bed looking its best for years to come
- OPTIMAL COMPOST BED: An open base combined with the ribbed steel makes this the perfect space to layer yard waste, food scraps, and other additives to create enriched soil at home
- INNER STABILIZING BARS: Two steel support bars help the metal panels retain their shape, preventing warping and soil leakage over time; OVERALL DIMENSIONS: 72″(L) x 36″(W) x 24″(H)
Additional Info :
2. Sekcen Railing Planter Window Box Deck Balcony Rail Planter 24 Inch for Porch Fence Patio Outdoor 4 Pack
- STYLISH DESIGN: Add an instant charm to any outdoor space or garden with this eye-catching railing planter. Mount them under windows, on walls, deck, porch, balcony railings or fences to turn your neighbors green with envy.
- STURDY AND DURABLE: Made from pure steel that has a silky smooth black powder coating to resist rust and decay, this deck rail planter can withstand all climates while providing secure support during all seasons.
- GOOD DRAINAGE PERFORMACANCE: The flower box comes with natural coco liner that hold fertilizer soil in the planter but let water and air circulate; extends the life of your living flowers, grass, succulent, cactus plants.
- EASY TO USE: Comes with adjustable brackets that make it easy to hang over any railings measuring 3 to 6″ wide; zip ties included for other railings and fences; may also be screwed directly to the wall or window sill.
- FUNCTIONAL DECOR: Large loading capacity allows enough space to create the perfect flower arrangement. Hanging several window boxes or railing planters for dramatic garden effect. An attractive way to keep your plants off the ground in any season.
Additional Info :
3. Kasa Smart Light Switch HS200, Single Pole, Needs Neutral Wire, 2.4GHz Wi-Fi Light Switch Works with Alexa and Google Home, UL Certified, No Hub Required , White
- Easy guided install: Neutral wire is required, standard wall plate size. No need to understand complex switch wiring or master vs auxiliary switch configurations; The Kasa app guides you through easy step by step installation. Need 2.4GHz Wi-Fi connection
- Control from anywhere: Monitor your light status. Turn electronics on and off from anywhere with your smartphone using the Kasa app, whether you are at home, in the office or on vacation
- Voice control: Enjoy the hands-free convenience of controlling the lights in your home with your voice via Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant; perfect for times when your hands are full or entering a dark room
- Scheduling: Use timer or countdown schedules to set your smart switch to automatically turn on and off while you’re home or away. Enable ‘away mode’ to randomly switch on and off to trick potential intruders
- Trusted and reliable: Designed and developed in silicon valley, Kasa is trusted by over 4 million users. UL certified for safety use.
Additional Info :
4. The First-Time Gardener: Raised Bed Gardening: All the know-how you need to build and grow a raised bed garden (Volume 3) (The First-Time Gardener’s Guides)
Additional Info :
5. FURINNO FG16011 Tioman Hardwood Flower Box, 1-Pack, Natural
- Dark Red meranti wood treated with teak oil: more durable and water resistant
- Great for use in back yard, garden or patio. Natural color blends easily with your outdoor furniture and decor
- Fits in your space, fits on your budget. Easy assembly with instruction provided
- Removable bench for sitting. Planter boxes do not include bottom panels.
- Product Dimension: 68.5(W)x17.9(H)x15.8(D) Inches
- Please note that this is a natural wood product and the colors of woods vary from board to board. The darkness of the color also may be affected by the different lighting
Additional Info :
6. Outsunny 28” x 12” Foldable Raised Garden Bed, Wooden Planter Box, Herb Garden Planter for Backyard, Patio to Grow Vegetables, Herbs, and Flowers
- COLLAPSING TROUGH PLANTER: A Suitable space for flowers, herbs, and vegetables to reach their potential, this portable trough-shaped garden bed brings stylish space to your backyard. Excellent for the lawn, patio, balcony, or any other place that could use a garden.
- PORTABLE & FOLDABLE: The planter frame is foldable, and its compact, easy-to-carry design makes plants portable so you can have a mobile garden that moves with the weather.
- WATER DRAINING: Don’t worry about waterlogging; the draining slit design makes this garden bed water-draining, managing moisture levels.
- MADE WITH OUTDOOR IN MIND: This portable planter is made with 100% fir wood selected to withstand the weathering and wear of outdoor environments. Maintenance is easy, and it’s prepared to be painted to match any patio or porch.
- PLANT GARDEN BED DIMENSIONS: Overall Dimensions: 27.5″ L x 11.75″ W x 9.75″ H. Planting Area: 26″ L x 10.25″ W x 6.75″ H.
Additional Info :
7. Best Choice Products 96x24x10in Outdoor Wooden Raised Garden Bed Planter for Vegetables, Grass, Lawn, Yard – Natural
- BUILT TO LAST: Made of natural Chinese Fir wood to provide a gardening solution constructed to last through every season without discoloring or breaking down over the years
- EASY ASSEMBLY: Pre-sanded panels built with dovetail joints slide together and lock in place with screw-fastened posts for a quick, sturdy assembly
- MAXIMIZE SPACE: 8-foot garden bed provides ample space for plants to grow with an included liner to separate the wood from the soil and keep it in excellent condition
- GARDEN ORGANIZER: Separate and sort various types of plants, vegetables, fruits, and flowers with the included middle divider
- OUTDOOR ACCENT: Perfect decoration accessory that will complement any front or backyard, grass area, or budding garden; OVERALL DIMENSIONS: 96″(L) x 24″(W) x 10″(H)
Additional Info :
8. adidas Women’s Grand Court, Black/White, 8 M US
- Tennis-inspired shoes with pillow-soft cushioning for everyday wear
- Regular fit; Lace closure
- Synthetic leather upper for durability
- Cloudfoam sockliner for comfort and lightweight cushioning
Additional Info :
9. Outsunny 47” Wooden Raised Garden Bed with Trellis, Coutryside Style Elevated Planter Box Stand with Open Storage Shelf, Spacious Planting Area for Vegetables, Herbs, Flowers
- WIDE USE: With this helpful elevated planter box with legs, you can cultivate plants, making it more convenient to manage and take care them. Plus, our elevated garden planters can be placed anywhere: from your patio and yard to your garden, greenhouse, or anywhere you’d like to grow vegetables, herbs, or flowers.
- DECORATIVE EFFECT: The grid on the back of this elevated garden bed can be decorated with rattans or with LED lights, making this plant bed a beautiful landscape and create a rustic style.
- 2 LEVELS OF WORKSPACE: This raised garden bed with legs features 2 levels for planting and storing. You can cultivate plants on the top of the planter raised bed, giving a nice place for your plants to live and grow. Also, the raised planter box’s lower shelf can be used for storage and display to put some planting tools and other accessories there.
- CUSTOMIZABLE: Natural raised bed planter can be painted, so you can put it in any color that you’d like. This means the cedar raised garden bed can fit in just about anywhere with a personal touch, from a porch and patio to a balcony and backyard space.
- RAISED GARDEN BOX OVERALL DIMENSIONS: 46.75″L x 22.75″W x 64.25″H; Bed Size: 44″L x 20″W x 10.75″H ; Weight Capacity: 330lbs (planter bed); 110lbs (shelf).
Additional Info :
10. Best Choice Products Set of 2 48in Wood Planter Box & Diamond Lattice Trellis, Mobile Outdoor Raised Garden Bed for Climbing Plants w/Drainage Holes, Optional Wheels – Walnut
- SET OF 2: Two identical planters doubles your decorating opportunities; grow decorative plants in one and climbing fruits and vegetables in the other!
- DIAMOND LATTICE: A 38-inch trellis is woven in a tight, diamond pattern to provide structural support and plenty of space for climbing plants
- PLANTER BOX: Fill the 10-inch deep box with your favorite potted plants and a water-resistant liner (not included) or a fresh soil bed thanks to built-in drainage holes
- OPTIONAL WHEELS: A set of 4 included wheels can easily attach for added mobility and come with two locks for stability
- DURABLE MATERIALS: Naturally weather-resistant fir wood comes with a rich walnut finish for added durability and style; OVERALL DIMENSIONS: 25.1″(L) x 11″(W) x 48″(H); Weight Capacity: 50 lbs.
Additional Info :
How to choose the best planter box direct: Important features to consider
Materials: Polyethylene vs. polypropylene – Low-density polyethylene (stamped on the bottom as LDPE, recycling group number four) is more flexible than stiff, cheap polypropylene (recycling group five), so it won’t crack as easily if you drop a loaded bin on the garage floor. It also won’t become brittle at freezing temperatures the way polypropylene does.
Each material has some advantages. Polypropylene can be made see-through, and it’s much more heat resistant — all the way up to boiling temperatures. LDPE is always tougher, but it gets very soft at temperatures above 110 degrees Fahrenheit and melts in boiling water. Our testers have seen far more polypropylene bins fail in long-term storage, especially in cold climates, but in a baking-hot attic, you’d want to be very careful about how much weight is stacked on an LDPE bin.
Latching lids – A flip-up latch will hold your bin closed even if you over-stuff it, which is handy for things like bulky sweaters and puffy blankets. If you put too much strain on latches, though, they’re prone to pop out of the mounting holes. Those holes also mean an entry point for moisture and insects.
A waterproof seal – If you just need a bin to shed rain, almost any will do: with one exception, the lids we tested to cover the edge of the bin, which means water will roll off without getting inside. A totally sealed lid (like our top pick) will also keep out humidity, though damp items can mildew quickly if you’re not careful about what you put in the bin.
Stackable designs – Nearly any bin can stand on top of another, but some designs are able to neatly mix and match small and large bins while creating a topple-resistant tower.
Single-size lids – If you’re building a collection of storage containers to fully organize your life, it can be handy to have bins with same-size openings. This usually means you can stack and nest different sizes as well as share lids between them. Usually, there will be at least two sizes in a series of containers with a common lid and footprint size, with the difference in volume made up by height.
What to Look for in a Plastic Storage Bin
“Pre-sort items you want to organize into categories for containment,” says Marci McAvoy, professional organizer and founder of Marci McAvoy Home Organization. After pre-sorting, consider the storage bin’s capacity. Measure what you need to store and the space where it will live.
“There’s nothing worse than buying a bunch of bins and getting home and realizing that your space is too narrow for the bin you chose, or maybe you didn’t realize that your shelves couldn’t be adjusted for height,” says McAvoy.
Plastic storage tubs list the capacity in quarts or gallons, and some may also include the weight limit. If you’re shopping online, you can get a sense of what a bin can hold by looking at both product photos and images posted by shoppers, which are often the most helpful.
Material and Design
Rigid plastic materials are less likely to buckle when filled with extremely heavy items. These are sometimes labeled as high-density bins. “A bin like this tends to be more expensive because it is really durable, keeps dust and critters out, and is airtight,” says McAvoy.
If you’re storing bins vertically, look for a stackable style (these usually have recessed lids), since this will help the bins stay stable and maximize your storage space from top to bottom. Note that some storage bins are narrower at the bottom and wider on top, so they can nest when they’re empty. This is a helpful feature, but if you are lining these up on shelves horizontally, you may have wasted space between them.
Lid Closure Type
Storage bin lids can be attached or removable. The attached lids might be on a single set of hinges, or they may split down the middle and interlock. When the lid is integrated into the design, you’re less likely to lose track of it, but McAvoy warns that sometimes these can break, rendering the entire bin unusable.
McAvoy prefers removable lids with side snaps and latches. If you live with small children, you might need to opt for more secure closures. If you love color-coding, consider lids that come in different colors. Others might opt for clear lids so they can easily see the contents.
When is the best time to buy plastic storage bins?
Plastic bins often go on sale in January or February, when retailers try to capitalize on customers’ resolutions to get organized. Containers in colors like red and green maybe even more deeply discounted at this time.
How should you label plastic storage bins?
There are almost as many labeling options as there are plastic containers. If you want flexibility, stick to erasable options such as removable chalkboard or whiteboard labels, and use either chalk paint or dry-erase markers. Label bin clips work well on the handles of open bins, and can also be used with dry-erase markers or Sharpies. Some people opt to simply write directly on clear bins, or buy pre-printed stickers. If you want your label to be permanent, use a marker like a Sharpie or an acrylic paint pen.
How can you hide plastic storage bins in your home?
If you’re looking to hide storage bins in your home, one option is to buy larger, more attractive containers made from materials like wood or rattan, and fit the plastic boxes inside. This works best for items you don’t need frequently. You could also use fabric, washi tape, drawer liner paper, spray paint, and stencils to decorate the exterior of plastic storage bins. If you really don’t want to see them, opt for under-bed storage containers.
Can you recycle plastic storage bins?
Check the number on the container as well as your area’s recycling rules. Many storage containers are made of polypropylene (labeled 5 or PP), and although this can be recycled, not all localities currently do this curbside, but some may accept them at transfer stations. You may be able to recycle polypropylene storage bins through a recycling company like TerraCycle. Try searching “specialty recycling company” and then the name of your town and state. Acrylic can be difficult to recycle, but some specialized facilities may accept it1. Products containing BPA cannot be recycled.2
If you can’t easily recycle your old bins, try posting them on a local swap group such as Buy Nothing or Freecycle, or using them for other home projects, such as building a terrarium or mini greenhouse. If they’re clean and in good condition, you can also donate them.
Last update on Sunday, June 26, 2022 - 3:17:16 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API